PDA

View Full Version : Question on bombs in "unlimited ammunition" status

WildeSau1975
02-22-2009, 01:01 AM
Hi there,

I have a question regarding the unlimited ammo setting.

If you have set that up and carry bombs, does your aircraft always behave like itīs carrying the bombs (weights wise I mean) or is that just the case for till you dropped your first bomb?

I am not really sure when flying the Hurri for example.

Thanks for any hint.

Cheers,

Michael

larschance
02-22-2009, 02:00 AM
You will fly loaded throughout the mission but you do have an endless supply of bombs which is not realistic.

Tully__
02-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Your weight will always be "fully loaded". Same applies for the unlimited fuel option, if you select it and choose 100% fuel, you'll fly with full tank performance for the entire mission.

WildeSau1975
02-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Thanks guys. I normally prefer to fly with limited ammo but for certain missions I go for the unrealistic but more fun way...but I thought there is a payoff existing somewhere... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif.

Cheers,

Michael

Bearcat99
02-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tully__:
Your weight will always be "fully loaded". Same applies for the unlimited fuel option, if you select it and choose 100% fuel, you'll fly with full tank performance for the entire mission.

Hmmmm so does that mean that if you select 25% fuel and unlimited yu will have unlimitted 25% fuel or does the tank automatically go to 100%?

Billy_DeLyon
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:

Hmmmm so does that mean that if you select 25% fuel and unlimited yu will have unlimitted 25% fuel or does the tank automatically go to 100%? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A question of particular interest to Mustang pilots! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Lt_Letum
02-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tully__:

Hmmmm so does that mean that if you select 25% fuel and unlimited yu will have unlimitted 25% fuel or does the tank automatically go to 100%? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will have 25% and it will not decrease.

Tully__
02-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Lt_Letum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

You will have 25% and it will not decrease. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Confirmed

DuxCorvan
02-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Is AI hampered by full load performance and the user's difficulty choice? I mean, I don't know if they have limited fuel (unless they have a leak), and if your AI mates have 100% all the time, and your enemies just 25%, or viceversa...

AllorNothing117
02-23-2009, 07:20 AM
"You will fly loaded throughout the mission but you do have an endless supply of bombs which is not realistic."

That made me laugh... Congradulations Sherlock Holmes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif just joking mate :

squareusr
02-24-2009, 01:05 PM
When i was a beginner that "unlimited ammo" setting was my biggest grief with IL-2:

realistic ammo was just too much of a hindrance (think of the level of skill where people would still need luck to down even just a friendly transport plane without emptying their ammo boxes), but the unlimited switch removed the ammo economics completely, which is a huge fun killer, even for the total noob. think of it: even quake has more ammo economics than il2 on unlimited!

what i'd have needed back then was a setting like "limited ammo, but x times as much as realistic".

imho, small and "cheap" details like this could add more to the attractivity of the game for beginners than much more "expensive" missing features like "mainstream mission content" and whatever else it is that we have certainly stopped missing years ago.

PS @AllorNothing117: reminds me of this http://xkcd.com/547/ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WTE_Galway
02-24-2009, 03:05 PM
you can get a stupid number of torpedoes in the water with unlimited torpedoes.

Often wondered what unlimited ammo would do to the frame rates in a coop with parachute drops.

larschance
02-25-2009, 04:46 AM
I agree with squareuer. There are two trains of thought.
Those who want full realism, including limited ammo, which achieves the most satisfaction when you finally learn to fly and fight efficiently. That first kill is a moment to savour.
Those who want a degree of fun, especially noobs, where maybe twice or three times normal ammo instead of unlimited may let them enjoy their first attempts until they get used to the sim.
Of course the temptation is to stay on that latter criteria in laziness or bad habit but at least it keeps the interest and support for the sim going.