PDA

View Full Version : ACR Bomb Damage(Friendly Fire)!

phoenix-force411
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
If we are caught in our own bombs, will we receive damage, die, or not take effect at all? Will what applies to us be applied to our allies?

Calvarok
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
we know you can kill civs with them, so yes, I'd imagine so.

CRUDFACE
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't think so, though that damned apple of Eden did kill my assassins before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif!

naran6142
10-09-2011, 11:20 PM
i was wondering about this with trip wire bombs, whether ezio can walk over them or not and i also wonder if civilians will set off trip wire bombs

AdmiralPerry
10-09-2011, 11:23 PM
In the words of a wise Assassin... "Don't be afraid to experiment. What's the worst that could happen?"

Moultonborough
10-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
i was wondering about this with trip wire bombs, whether ezio can walk over them or not and i also wonder if civilians will set off trip wire bombs

I don't think so. It didn't in the Gamescom demo and Ezio walked right over it on his way to hiding. Also during the MP beta I planted one and ran over it a few time and it did not explode either. The think I am most curious about is if a guard steps on one and it kills civilians will it desynch us if enough die. I would hate failing a Memory just because that happens.

albertwesker22
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

I don't think so. It didn't in the Gamescom demo and Ezio walked right over it on his way to hiding. Also during the MP beta I planted one and ran over it a few time and it did not explode either. The think I am most curious about is if a guard steps on one and it kills civilians will it desynch us if enough die. I would hate failing a Memory just because that happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the civilians caught in the blast will desync us.

Like when we throw gaurds into scaffolds, the civilians who are in range die with the gaurds, but it doesn't count as killing an innocent.

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I doubt "we" will receive damage from our own bombs, but I think I have heard Civi's can get in the X-fire of our bombs (excluding the Pyrite/foll's gold bomb)

eagleforlife1
10-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

I don't think so. It didn't in the Gamescom demo and Ezio walked right over it on his way to hiding. Also during the MP beta I planted one and ran over it a few time and it did not explode either. The think I am most curious about is if a guard steps on one and it kills civilians will it desynch us if enough die. I would hate failing a Memory just because that happens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the civilians caught in the blast will desync us.

Like when we throw gaurds into scaffolds, the civilians who are in range die with the gaurds, but it doesn't count as killing an innocent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just assumed they were knocked unconcious rather than dead.

roostersrule2
10-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Actually bombs can kill civilians but I don't know about assassins though but it was confirmed in the same interview which confirmed that the red trail was just to help players get back to the sanctuary.

Moultonborough
10-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
Actually bombs can kill civilians but I don't know about assassins though but it was confirmed in the same interview which confirmed that the red trail was just to help players get back to the sanctuary.

Can you post a link please?

AnthonyA85
10-10-2011, 04:42 AM
I think Darby said in an interview (can't remember which one) that if you do kill too many civies, that it would cause desynch, i think his exact words were something like:

...since Civillians can get caught in the explosions too, you have to be careful, killing to many would be bad...

or something like that. So, i think if too many civs die from explosions, it might desynch us.

And actually, i have gotten that "Ezio did not kill Civillians!" warning when i've thrown guards into scaffolds and said scaffolds have collapsed on by-standers.

SixKeys
10-10-2011, 04:52 AM
I'm sure there is some limit to how many civilians you're allowed to kill with a bomb, otherwise players would just run around lobbing grenades in everyone's faces all the time.

I don't know if it's possible for other assassins to get caught in friendly fire, but I doubt the bombs will have any effect on Ezio himself. In the GamesCom demo he was able to walk through the heavy smoke bomb no problem and with caltrop bombs he's probably careful enough to watch his step whereas guards will be walking in unaware.

Jexx21
10-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Ezio doesn't breath when he's in the smoke I'm guessing.

But the bombs will effect civilians, we heard the "oww this hurts" sound line in the gamecom demo when a caltrop bomb was thrown down as a chase breaker.

SixKeys
10-10-2011, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

But the bombs will effect civilians, we heard the "oww this hurts" sound line in the gamecom demo when a caltrop bomb was thrown down as a chase breaker.

We know they have some effect on the civilians, in one of the gameplay videos that was taken down Ezio throws an explosive in the middle of a street and some civilians are thrown back by the impact (but still alive). I'm guessing as long as the bombs are meant to be distracting, you're allowed to use them around civilians, but with lethal bombs you have to be careful.

LightRey
10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

We know they have some effect on the civilians, in one of the gameplay videos that was taken down Ezio throws an explosive in the middle of a street and some civilians are thrown back by the impact (but still alive). I'm guessing as long as the bombs are meant to be distracting, you're allowed to use them around civilians, but with lethal bombs you have to be careful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I'm thinking too. I can't imagine being allowed to kill civilians with bombs.

CRUDFACE
10-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

We know they have some effect on the civilians, in one of the gameplay videos that was taken down Ezio throws an explosive in the middle of a street and some civilians are thrown back by the impact (but still alive). I'm guessing as long as the bombs are meant to be distracting, you're allowed to use them around civilians, but with lethal bombs you have to be careful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I'm thinking too. I can't imagine being allowed to kill civilians with bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I know I'm definitely going to throw a money bomb over an already thrown caltrops bomb. they're going to be prickling their feet as they search for the money BWAHAHAHHA!

I think the bombs will kill civilians as an accident in the same way you accidentally kill someone with the assassinate button.

Animuses
10-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I think they should use lethal bombs as a form of free-running for Ezio. He would throw a bomb right next to him and he would SAIL in the air onto a building.

LightRey
10-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

That's what I'm thinking too. I can't imagine being allowed to kill civilians with bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I know I'm definitely going to throw a money bomb over an already thrown caltrops bomb. they're going to be prickling their feet as they search for the money BWAHAHAHHA!

I think the bombs will kill civilians as an accident in the same way you accidentally kill someone with the assassinate button. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
You're an evil genius!