PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Criticism and Ideas

thelilengine
01-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I have just finished the game and find myself confused about my feelings for the game. I loved the game and agree with everything that has been said beatiful, fun to play, but I felt myself at the end wanting more. Not just another Game to continue the story but more from this game here is what i came up with.
1) I loved the fight system but I found it too limiting. I wanted it to be more like God of war where I can jump and throw people. I wanted to learn new techniques that opened up 4 or 5 new moves.
2) I wanted my scouting mission to mean more that completing it so I could go on. I wanted to have side quests so I could advance.
3) Once i've completed my scouting it didn't mean a thing there is only one way to kill my target and I found it again to be limiting. How about I scout throught the city and then I get options to choose from how to kill my target. Perhaps a easy, medium, and hard way to do so. This would also up the replay value.

Just my thoughts as an average gamer and hopefully i'm not alone. Maybe some of these things will change in the next one. But again so much fun very entriguing story and I can't wait for AC2.

AshKelWin
01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
If you want all of this, get God of War.

Or try this, I'm not sure if its what you want but try Oblivion for the PC, you can get alot of side quests, theres a small limit to fighting but not exploration, there are mods as well for pc, making it funny and amusing.

Its also good because it asks for nothing from your computer, only a 6800 G-Force Video card, and most computer today have at least 7200, to find out go to Start, then find Run, type in dxdiag and hit yes, then go to DirectX files, and it should say it right there.

And if you have Windows Vista then your in luck!
Vista will be kind enough to make your game laggy, crappy, and for a limited time offer, piss you off! Direct X 10 wants 8800 or better, sorry.

What im saying is that if you have vista, ignore what i just said, if not, try oblivion, go to youtube and check it out.

Hope This Helps!

DreamerM
01-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by thelilengine:
1) I loved the fight system but I found it too limiting. I wanted it to be more like God of war where I can jump and throw people. I wanted to learn new techniques that opened up 4 or 5 new moves.

The whole industry is THICK with God of War clones, which is Ironic because God of War itself is "rip-off" of Devil May Cry.

This is NOT an action title. It's Adventure, it's stealth, it's way more then just mowing down anything in your path. Sure, if you want to the game won't punish you for it, but it's not going to help you either. You're Supposed to be a "blade in the crowd" appearing out of nowhere and disappearing into nowhere.

3) Once i've completed my scouting it didn't mean a thing there is only one way to kill my target and I found it again to be limiting. How about I scout throught the city and then I get options to choose from how to kill my target. Perhaps a easy, medium, and hard way to do so. This would also up the replay value.

Um, you CAN choose how to kill the target. You can charge in guns blazing, you can skulk over and shank them quietly, you can duel them into submission....

I don't know what you mean. The game's as hard as you make it. What you put into it is what you'll get out of it.

MiniXbox
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Ok Lets get to the Point People:
Ways to make Assassins Creed 2 The best game ever (I hope sum1 that can actually change the game is reading):

1. Customizable Costume but not too different to what it is now should have stuff like ninja clothing

2.Faster and fancier climbing such as when your climbibng up a wall or something you do backflips and swings up it

3.More Weapons in the game and in the begining of each level you can choose weapons to put in your stock such as Hidden Blade (obviously), Long Sword, Crossbow & Chain Mace (wich is that thing witha pole a chain then a big ball at the end).

4.Flashier Fighting like backflips and stuff with cool combos.

5.More Stealth not too much alertness from the guards it spoils the game when you always have to fight them.

6. Time cities should have a daytime and nightime now that would be cool

7.Have like Gangs and stuff like that are against you and the other assassins.

8.Other arcade modes like an endless fight with other sides gangs or guards. it should have a sort of Boxing match mode that would be cool.

9.Have places like forests where you can climb up trees and stealth assassinate them from trees and walls

10.Missions that arent only assassinations some that say they send you to wreck a gangs bases or something like that.

11. No flags there s no Point of them or at least not so many and on the map you can choose what you want to see like templars flags those http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.giffat people with the throwing knives

12.Because theyve already started AC1 with that future thing maybe Desmond could be inside of the Animus when an accident happens and it blows up so he stays in it forever. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

DreamerM
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by MiniXbox:

1. Customizable Costume but not too different to what it is now should have stuff like ninja clothing
No. No Ninjas.

Much as I'd like to see Altair model some different looks, he should NOT be a Ninja. This is not God of War, I'd much prefer to not have twelve "gag" costumes.

2.Faster and fancier climbing such as when your climbibng up a wall or something you do backflips and swings up it
No. AC is one of the first games to try and have Realistic-Looking Parkour. Leave the flipping-up-walls to Ada Wong and her ilk.

No Ninjas.

3.More Weapons in the game and in the begining of each level you can choose weapons to put in your stock such as Hidden Blade (obviously), Long Sword, Crossbow & Chain Mace (wich is that thing witha pole a chain then a big ball at the end).

All of which would be too heavy to be practical weaponry for a speedy-stealthy Assassin. I don't want to have to suspend disbelief that someone could climb up the side of a building with a chain-mace strapped to his back.

4.Flashier Fighting like backflips and stuff with cool combos.

No NINJAS. The cool thing about AC's combat is how viceral it is, with the cool combination of lighting-fast counter-attacks and unmerciful brutality.

5.More Stealth not too much alertness from the guards it spoils the game when you always have to fight them.

You just SAID you wanted more heavy weapons and flashy combat! Do you want the stealth and speed of an Assassin, or another Ninja Gaiden rip-off?

6. Time cities should have a daytime and nightime now that would be cool

If it was implimented right, sure.

It COULD be cool, with Altair taking refuge maybe in the house of a vigilante or the Assassin's burouh for the night. Or it make the build-up to the uber-fun ACTUAL ASSASSINATIONS even longer.

7.Have like Gangs and stuff like that are against you and the other assassins.

Why? Not enough guards in the city?

8.Other arcade modes like an endless fight with other sides gangs or guards. it should have a sort of Boxing match mode that would be cool.

You want to make out like Conan, go play Ninja Gaiden or God of War, or Devil May Cry or ANYTHING really. The combat is good, but it's not THAT good, nor is it the main focus of the game nor should it be.

9.Have places like forests where you can climb up trees and stealth assassinate them from trees and walls

You can already stealth-Assassinate from walls. It's one of my favorite finishers.

10.Missions that arent only assassinations some that say they send you to wreck a gangs bases or something like that.

And why would an Assassin want to do that? His job is his mission. He'll fudge that to help out the innocent in clear need, but riding the world of all it's scumbags is not his job.

11. No flags there s no Point of them or at least not so many and on the map you can choose what you want to see like templars flags those http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.giffat people with the throwing knives

Flags are the best excuse in the game to go climbing all over everything. And Climbing all over everything is fun.

Instead of saying there should be NO flags, they should instead REWARD YOU for flags. With more then just an achievement, that is.

12.Because theyve already started AC1 with that future thing maybe Desmond could be inside of the Animus when an accident happens and it blows up so he stays in it forever. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

The Animus is probably here to stay, much as I wish it wasn't. And besides, I'm interested in the Modern-Day plot, I wanna learn more.

spazzoo1025
01-07-2008, 03:24 PM
jeez ur full of negativity aren't you? No to everything he said...

DreamerM
01-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
jeez ur full of negativity aren't you? No to everything he said...

He might be on to something with the Day/Night cycles, that IS something I'd like to see. But hey, his other suggestions were bad.

ziljn
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I liked the game and I'm definitely looking forward to AC2. I thought the graphics, scenery, free-running, and fighting system were well done, despite the latter being a bit too easy. They designed the game heavily around the free running and chases but then made fighting easy enough to rarely have to run. I appreciate that you have options on how you handle situations, but why run from a hoard of guards when you can take them? What thrill is there in the chase when getting caught has no real consequences? On the contrary, getting caught promises to be more fun than running with the system the way it is. The fighting should be a bit more challenging next time. I think changing something as simple as adjusting the damage you take from hits could improve the "fight or flight" system, making it more challenging and fun.

I loved the overall concept of the game but I think the implementation was off. The biggest criticism I hear about is the repetitiveness, which I think is definitely warranted. But it's more than investigations just being repetitive, it's that their not very challenging either. Let's just take for granted we'd all like more variety and depth in investigation missions, and I'll just mention my biggest investigation gripe... informer missions.

Informer "find the flag" mini games have got to go. I'm surprised they would put so much effort into the plot, fight system, free running, graphics and scenery, as well as the historical accuracy, and then put such a simple little arcade type challenge in this game. I'd expect a bit more creativity here. Get rid of them altogether. Silly timed challenges like this have no place in this type of game... none.

Informer kill missions - Here's my biggest gripe about a great concept with poor implementation. Here you should have the chance to use all the assassin skills the game gives you to actually perform as an assassin (find, hunt, kill target stealthily) and then they put you on the clock and give you the targets in the HUD, thus making sure you use pretty much none of those skills. It just seems so at odds with the overall concept, and was a big dissapointment to me. It needs to change in the next one.

Kill missions should require you to find your target, not with the HUD, but by scouting an area and using your eagle vision, then allow you to make the stealth kill at your leisure. The only info you should get is a general area to look for the target(s). Perhaps even in a section of another city altogether.

Failure in a kill mission should not trigger an encounter reset, it should just alert your target, causing them to flee so you can either chase them down through the streets or have find them again later, which could perhaps require getting more information. In fact, failure in any of the investigations should
never trigger a reset of the encounter. It should always require you to track down your target again, perhaps at another time and/or place.

More depth and challenge, and of course variety, to the investigation parts would be a big step for this game to living up to it's potential.

Just two other quick things:

Flags and Templars... what's the point? Give me SOME (in game) reason to search for all these things. Lastly, why is it always daytime?

MiniXbox
01-09-2008, 11:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif
Lets get to da point Dreamer M Do u want Assassins creed 2 to be the same as the first one its a good game but if u fink bout all da faults and improvements u can make itll be jus as u like it the same

moqqy
01-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Lets get to da point Dreamer M Do u want Assassins creed 2 to be the same as the first one its a good game but if u fink bout all da faults and improvements u can make itll be jus as u like it the same

There's alot to improve, and to be honest, none of the stuff you said would improve the game at all. You're suggesting chances that would take away from the realism, which isn't good.

DreamerM
01-09-2008, 01:36 PM

I trust Jade, Patrice, and Ubisoft to make the right choices, build on what they learned and liked about this model of the game, and make the next even better. I don't think they'll disregard the creative historical realism element that makes their game so original.

I DON'T think it'd be a good idea for them to throw out their current concepts and rebuild it from the ground up as a ninja fighter or chinese-warlord game or another futuristic platformer. In that respect, yes, I do want an AC2 that bears at least a passing resemblence to the first game that I love so much.