PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic campaigns and instant success

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Hi. I'm wondering, when you play a dynamic campaign in FB, can one be taken off of active duty due to, say, being wounded or other such things?

Also, does turning instant success on make the game more difficult due to the fact that one could seriously blow a mission and still go on, hence giving the enemy an advantage in future missions; or does it simply make it easier in that you can essentially skip missions? Sorry if I'm being unclear. Thanks for any help you can give.

Wiffle

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Hi. I'm wondering, when you play a dynamic campaign in FB, can one be taken off of active duty due to, say, being wounded or other such things?

Also, does turning instant success on make the game more difficult due to the fact that one could seriously blow a mission and still go on, hence giving the enemy an advantage in future missions; or does it simply make it easier in that you can essentially skip missions? Sorry if I'm being unclear. Thanks for any help you can give.

Wiffle

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 02:18 AM
If you get wounded, probably the period between that mission and the next one will be greater(while you heal).
I don't undestand exactly what you are refering about Instant succes, but IIRC, With it of you will be able to continue your carrer even you lose a mission(unless you get killed or captured), so IMO It's more realistik with it off, cuz in RL I don't think that all misiond were succesfull, but pilots always got back and flown the naxt day.
Hope I helped you , cheers.

"The show must go on..."
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 02:26 AM
The "no instant success" option is just that. If you turn that "realism" feature on then you must refly all missions you fail until you achieve a stunning success. With "no instant success" turned off, you can fail missions and continue the campaign to suffer the effects. In short, that is the only realism option that actually decreases realism when you turn it on /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif .

----------------------------------------
<center>I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.
</center>

Message Edited on 08/07/0308:27PM by Maj_Death

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 02:57 AM
Hi Guys
if you are wounded during a mission that part of the campaign you are in will be finished, the campaign will then advance to the next stage

(flew one campaign, first mission was wounded, got the next campaign, flew a mission and was fine, the next, got wounded again !, give up on that guy)

not sure, but there may be levels to being wounded, and if so, then maybe the level of the wound will be what ends the campaign or not

HARD_Sarge

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 03:14 AM
Thanks very much, everybody. I agree that having to refly a mission until you succeed is, of course, unrealistic, so I think I'll set it to the realistic setting. Thanks again.

Wiffle

Yes, and here's to the few
who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 04:49 AM
WifflePlane wrote:
- Thanks very much, everybody. I agree that having to
- refly a mission until you succeed is, of course,
- unrealistic, so I think I'll set it to the realistic
- setting. Thanks again.

So, if I understand correctly, to set it to the realistic setting Wiffle is talking about, I need to turn "No Instant Success" OFF?? The whole double negative thing's got me confused.

SSgt Tim Schuster
8MXS Inspection Section
Kunsan AB, Korea

-Defend the Dock!
-Accept Follow-on Shifts!
-Take the Fight Upstairs!

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 04:53 AM
That's right, it is a double negative. "no instant success" turned on is unrealistic, "No instant success" turned off is more realistic. Annoying isn't it?

----------------------------------------
<center>I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.
</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-08-2003, 05:14 AM
With that option "on" you may as well quit/restart any mission that begins to go poorly. Flying a bombing mission and get bounced by fighters? Rather than ditch the bombs and fight it out you may as well restart - since you won't be able to complete the objective and none of your effort will be recorded.
Personally the option seems out of place in a dynamic campaign system (you still have the option to refly) - though it can work well in hand made non-dynamic campaigns (stops you missing all the designers hard work).

Cheers

Athos

"When first under fire and you're wishful to duck, don't look nor take heed at the man that is struck, be thankful you're living, and trust to your luck, and face to your front like a soldier"
ex. Rudyard Kipling