PDA

View Full Version : Interesting for PS3 Owners, xbots pls stay out.



ifiwerearichman
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Well the rumors are true, Playstation Home has been confirmed and boy is it gonna be awesome. I am asking politly ahead of time though that no one here flames or make console comparissons and the sort http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17559&type=wmv&pl=game

RetiredHatch
03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I saw that a little bit earlier and heard about it a week ago i'm incredibly psyched it looks awesome and reminds of the sims infact

AC__fo__PS3
03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
that does look cool

except i cant sign in cuz i need a system update

and that takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

ifiwerearichman
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Its a bummer how gamespot is reporting the Home feature to come out in Fall... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

OF-Kamikaze
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
I am incredibly excited for this but I have a question. Does it basically take over? Meaning when you turn your PS3 on, does it go straight to Home or does it still have the same screen and you have to basically sign on to Home?

RetiredHatch
03-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Though nothing's official yet
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
they were saying beta is next month though right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Oblivion_XOXO
03-07-2007, 03:21 PM
After Lookin at the Trailer I have two words:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif Freakin Sweet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

ifiwerearichman
03-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by OF-Kamikaze:
I am incredibly excited for this but I have a question. Does it basically take over? Meaning when you turn your PS3 on, does it go straight to Home or does it still have the same screen and you have to basically sign on to Home?
Dunno, though I'm guessing its gonna be added as an option under networks.

ifiwerearichman
03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Another interesting GDC tidbit is the annoucement of LittleBigPlanet. This game looks quite charming and fits quite well as a coop sidescroller. Best of all, you can create and upload levels onto the PS store, prolonging the game length indefinitly. Man I wish more games were like that, that is, where users can create content and share them with others through a unified community (e.g. Home). This is definitly a momentus leap for PS3 owners http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. You can watch the trailers here:

Edit: Here's some better footage:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17579&type=wmv&pl=game
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17549&type=wmv&pl=game

... and the HD vid:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17548&type=wmv&pl=game

*UPDATE* Another vid of a couple dev members designing a level (ROFL @ The King):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17602&type=wmv&pl=game

tailstriker
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
sup second life?
such a knockoff really.

Howler13
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Okay, I'm one of the people who ignored the title and opened the thread even though I own a 360, and I just have to say...


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif


Very cool. Id reminds me of the Sims, as well, and if executed as well as they're implying, could totally justify spending the 600 bucks for (it definitely appeals to the MySpace crowd). This is what the Wii's Mii Channel should have/wanted to be and what Xbox missed out on by releasing a year earlier. All this depends on if Sony charges for all those extra thingies (new clothes, furniture, etc.).

tailstriker
03-07-2007, 04:32 PM
www.secondlife.com (http://www.secondlife.com)

(sorry i tried everything except the most obvious one)

Oblivion_XOXO
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM
It's release is going to give PS3 owners some time to relax in there own little world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

That is, if you ever have any spare time

tailstriker
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
i thought thats what the games were for.

Oblivion_XOXO
03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Of course... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But think of it as a new experience

cooldude6681
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
That actually looks pretty awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

"...with public and private spaces..." That makes me wonder if there's going to a grotto or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

"infinitely more exciting than any of the other consoles" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif if that wasn't the most brazen remark I've ever heard from a commercial, I don't know what is. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

SpyderNynja
03-07-2007, 07:24 PM
*looks at links*

*has a heart attack*

*dies*

*returns from the dead*

OH MY GOD! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

RetiredHatch
03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Howler13:
Okay, I'm one of the people who ignored the title and opened the thread even though I own a 360, and I just have to say...


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif


Very cool. Id reminds me of the Sims, as well, and if executed as well as they're implying, could totally justify spending the 600 bucks for (it definitely appeals to the MySpace crowd). This is what the Wii's Mii Channel should have/wanted to be and what Xbox missed out on by releasing a year earlier. All this depends on if Sony charges for all those extra thingies (new clothes, furniture, etc.).

what he meant was people who bash anything not on the 360 no matter how good or bad it is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif you're obviously not one sooo it's ok http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

can't wait to decorate my room with a bunch of penguin stuff though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ifiwerearichman
03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Howler13:
Okay, I'm one of the people who ignored the title and opened the thread even though I own a 360, and I just have to say...


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif


Very cool. Id reminds me of the Sims, as well, and if executed as well as they're implying, could totally justify spending the 600 bucks for (it definitely appeals to the MySpace crowd). This is what the Wii's Mii Channel should have/wanted to be and what Xbox missed out on by releasing a year earlier. All this depends on if Sony charges for all those extra thingies (new clothes, furniture, etc.).

what he meant was people who bash anything not on the 360 no matter how good or bad it is http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif you're obviously not one sooo it's ok http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

can't wait to decorate my room with a bunch of penguin stuff though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed, please feel free to post some positive stuff, I just don't want this thread to get locked up because some people that owns an Xbox or are Xbox diehards want to post biased remarks about how 1337 the Xbox is.

P.S. Just added another new vid of LittleBigPlanet so scroll up if you wanna see http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif.

SpyderNynja
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
that little big planet game is just way too cool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jimmy_005
03-07-2007, 11:17 PM
That is extremely awesome.

rahul911
03-08-2007, 12:06 AM
the LittleBigPlanet seemed thhe most enjoyable part of the session, when was the last time you have seen developers trying to beat the hell out of each other

DarkCrawler90
03-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Wow. That and Little Big Planet...awesome. Now I am even more happy that I am getting a PS3... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

chewie1890
03-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't have a PS3 but I have to admit that it looks quite excellent and I really do wish Live had something like that.

HorTyS
03-08-2007, 10:40 PM
the thread starter seems a little TOO worried about 360 owners bashing it. sure, there are some who would attack the feature, but i'm a 360 owner and i'm willing to admit that HOME and L.B.P looks cool. PSHOME made me want a ps3 that much more. right now there are only 3 games exclusive to ps3 that i'm interested in, but that number will obviously grow when they get more and more games (god of war 3 anyone?)

i wouldn't call myself an xbox fanboy, but i have preferred xbox for a while, and still do, it just has more games that are my style (Gears, Splinter cell 5 is now exclusive...) plus ps3 just doesn't get alot of exclusives that i'm really into, except "uncharted" and "heavenly sword". i'm definatly wanting to get a ps3 eventually, but right now i can't afford it and i'll be moving soon so i won't be able to get one for a while, and don't need to until some of these exclusives are out and HOME is up and running. there are a TON of games coming out on 360 at the end of the year to so i don't think i'll be able to buy one until early or mid next year... anyways, HOME looks REALLY cool and littlebigplanet looks crazy cool.

sorry to get so off track, but i just thought the thread starter was a little overzealous about 360 users bashing ps3. admittedly there are those who are blinded by fanboyism, but i'm not one of them and there are many who feel the same way...

ifiwerearichman
03-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by hortys_99:
the thread starter seems a little TOO worried about 360 owners bashing it. sure, there are some who would attack the feature, but i'm a 360 owner and i'm willing to admit that HOME and L.B.P looks cool. PSHOME made me want a ps3 that much more. right now there are only 3 games exclusive to ps3 that i'm interested in, but that number will obviously grow when they get more and more games (god of war 3 anyone?)

i wouldn't call myself an xbox fanboy, but i have preferred xbox for a while, and still do, it just has more games that are my style (Gears, Splinter cell 5 is now exclusive...) plus ps3 just doesn't get alot of exclusives that i'm really into, except "uncharted" and "heavenly sword". i'm definatly wanting to get a ps3 eventually, but right now i can't afford it and i'll be moving soon so i won't be able to get one for a while, and don't need to until some of these exclusives are out and HOME is up and running. there are a TON of games coming out on 360 at the end of the year to so i don't think i'll be able to buy one until early or mid next year... anyways, HOME looks REALLY cool and littlebigplanet looks crazy cool.

sorry to get so off track, but i just thought the thread starter was a little overzealous about 360 users bashing ps3. admittedly there are those who are blinded by fanboyism, but i'm not one of them and there are many who feel the same way...
Someone obviously didn't read the later comment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif. Like I said a few posts back, I have no problem with Xbox owners posting here so long as they don't post anything biased and turn this thread into something invovling console comparissons. So once again, please feel free to post here so long as its on topic. Also, where are you gettings this SC 5 being exclusive to the 360 (and please don't tell me you found this on an xbox dedicated site)?

rahul911
03-08-2007, 11:58 PM
When the hell did any1 say the SC5 was x360 exclusive, the game has not even been announced yet....n when i search for the game in IGN, it only gives out the pse version.not the 360..anywayz...glad that tthe 360 owners appreciate the ps3 for sumthing..

ifiwerearichman
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Nice (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/09) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chokenspit
03-10-2007, 08:09 PM
This looks interesting. I just don't know anyone else around me that has a PS3, so it won't do me any good.

RetiredHatch
03-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
Nice (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/09) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Warrior-Persia
03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Howler13:
Okay, I'm one of the people who ignored the title and opened the thread even though I own a 360, and I just have to say...


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif


Very cool. Id reminds me of the Sims, as well, and if executed as well as they're implying, could totally justify spending the 600 bucks for (it definitely appeals to the MySpace crowd). This is what the Wii's Mii Channel should have/wanted to be and what Xbox missed out on by releasing a year earlier. All this depends on if Sony charges for all those extra thingies (new clothes, furniture, etc.).

He said Xbots stay out. Those are people who bash Sony for no apparent reason. Seeing as how you seem to be a mature person, as well as open minded, I doubt that the title was referring to you. Or anyone in fact that may have a 360 but isn't fanboyish...http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Howler13
03-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Fanboys in general, for any system, are annoying. I was once a Sony fanboy (more of an Insomniac and Square-Enix fanboy, but that pretty much means the same thing), but I saw the error of my ways, and learned to accept that the 360 has some redeeming qualities. I'm still an Insomniac fanboy, though, in my eyes they can do no wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

I want a PS3, I would have rather gotten one than the 360, but I was able to get a 360 and hard drive for $275, which is pretty good, and I didn't want to spend an extra $200+ to play pretty much the same games. In time, though, in time.

DarkCrawler90
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by hortys_99:
the thread starter seems a little TOO worried about 360 owners bashing it. sure, there are some who would attack the feature, but i'm a 360 owner and i'm willing to admit that HOME and L.B.P looks cool. PSHOME made me want a ps3 that much more. right now there are only 3 games exclusive to ps3 that i'm interested in, but that number will obviously grow when they get more and more games (god of war 3 anyone?)

i wouldn't call myself an xbox fanboy, but i have preferred xbox for a while, and still do, it just has more games that are my style (Gears, Splinter cell 5 is now exclusive...) plus ps3 just doesn't get alot of exclusives that i'm really into, except "uncharted" and "heavenly sword". i'm definatly wanting to get a ps3 eventually, but right now i can't afford it and i'll be moving soon so i won't be able to get one for a while, and don't need to until some of these exclusives are out and HOME is up and running. there are a TON of games coming out on 360 at the end of the year to so i don't think i'll be able to buy one until early or mid next year... anyways, HOME looks REALLY cool and littlebigplanet looks crazy cool.

sorry to get so off track, but i just thought the thread starter was a little overzealous about 360 users bashing ps3. admittedly there are those who are blinded by fanboyism, but i'm not one of them and there are many who feel the same way...

Well, I don't know if you have been around in game forums a lot (CAD, Penny Arcade etc.) but it has become a custom of every single X-Box fanboy/Wii fanboy to start bashing PS3 at every chance they get, so it has also become a custom for people who want intelligent discussions about consoles to ask for that type of people to stay out of the thread so it doesn't turn yet another "how Sony sucks" thread.

You aren't clearly one of those types, but I think that is what the thread starter meant.

rebelinthenude0
03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
God Honest Truth, Xbox and Wii are cool, very cool infact but they are inferior (however you spell that) and thats a fact it is the PS3 is twice the machine either of the other two are(but it should be for 600$)and anybody who looks into this stuff knows that the PS3 is going to kick everyone's a$$ this time around just like it did last time.....PS2 sold around 90 million consoles while gamecube and xbox sold in the lower 30's sorry Wii and Xbox ites its just the sad truth, im not bashing the systems im statin the facts. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif[IMG][

XBfreak_101
03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
)and anybody who looks into this stuff knows that the PS3 is going to kick everyone's a$$ this time around just like it did last

All I have to say is wow. I've been waiting for a virtual world like this for a long time. People are going to think thats geeky and you should do it in the real world but c'mon, you know that is extremely cool to go to the cinemas and watch movies in cyberspace.

I really hope you can watch real movies instead of trailers because that would be awesome. I definitly want a PS3 now.

DeAdLy2323
03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
God Honest Truth, Xbox and Wii are cool, very cool infact but they are inferior (however you spell that) and thats a fact it is the PS3 is twice the machine either of the other two are(but it should be for 600$)and anybody who looks into this stuff knows that the PS3 is going to kick everyone's a$$ this time around just like it did last time.....PS2 sold around 90 million consoles while gamecube and xbox sold in the lower 30's sorry Wii and Xbox ites its just the sad truth, im not bashing the systems im statin the facts. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif[IMG][
this is exactly what the title meant not to do. so please do us all a favor annd delete this post. this is going to start another 360 v wii v ps3 **** again and its going to get annoying

silentassasin05
03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Like XBFreak said, it wold be cool to watch movies instead of just trailers. Maybe if you download a movie, you might be able to upload it for others to see?

ifiwerearichman
03-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by silentassasin05:
Like XBFreak said, it wold be cool to watch movies instead of just trailers. Maybe if you download a movie, you might be able to upload it for others to see?
I don't see why not, after all, Sony owns Columbia pictures so perhaps we can view older movies that have been broadcasted on tv. Nothing better then watching a good one with a bud that may be living half a world away together http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif.

silentassasin05
03-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Does Sony own Columbia Tristar? Or is that the same licence?

XBfreak_101
03-12-2007, 03:40 PM
The graphics look pretty awesome for a virtual reality. If I'm too lazy to go to the movies one day I can just see movie on Home, while having fun going to the theaters, lol.

silentassasin05
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
One amazing feat that happened was when Phil showed the Bond trailer on the ingame tv. Not only was it running realtime, and it was the full trailer, but as he was moving the tv about and chucking it around, the movie kept playing without a sign of technical hitches anywhere. That, is impressive http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

tailstriker
03-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by rebelinthenude0:
God Honest Truth, Xbox and Wii are cool, very cool infact but they are inferior (however you spell that) and thats a fact it is the PS3 is twice the machine either of the other two are(but it should be for 600$)and anybody who looks into this stuff knows that the PS3 is going to kick everyone's a$$ this time around just like it did last time.....PS2 sold around 90 million consoles while gamecube and xbox sold in the lower 30's sorry Wii and Xbox ites its just the sad truth, im not bashing the systems im statin the facts. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif[IMG][

dont even get me started.

XBfreak_101
03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Well silent, you're going to have to thank the cell proccessor for that one. Everyone is underestimating the PS3 it's not even funny. I am now beggining to think the Xbox 360 is less powerful than the PS3 performance wise.

I'm not starting a stupid console war, just stating the obvious. Why should any stupid fanboy of any system be offended anyways, I really don't understand.

chewie1890
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I think people are under-estimating it right now because there hasn't been anything which could really show off its abilities yet. Once one does come out that takes everything it has to offer and use it I doubt that it will happen again.

Howler13
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
I think people are under-estimating it right now because there hasn't been anything which could really show off its abilities yet. Once one does come out that takes everything it has to offer and use it I doubt that it will happen again.

So, basically, we're all waiting for God of War 3. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Face it, that game will PUSH what the PS3 is capable of, just like 1 and 2 are true examples of the PS2's abilities. I think that's the game that will make me buy a PS3 (or Kindgom Hearts 3, whichever comes first).

Chokenspit
03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
WOOHOO! I GET GOD OF WAR 2 TODAY! W99T!!1

noobfun
03-13-2007, 03:07 AM
i can imagine it now people grouping up for multi player and some muppet wondering around
'hey wanna go cyba baby?'

looks pretty dam cool though

rahul911
03-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah..but arent u guys 4getting...Killzone seems a rather neat title too. And then we hae the obvious king...MGS4...i'm not ofeending any1...but Japanese people are hard workers..and Konami top then b miles...I think MGS4 will be the crowd system puller...but every1 know that..dont they??

Ace_Logan1993
03-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey RetiredHatch......since u said something about the Beta. I will be one of the first to know the official date that doesnt have anything to do with Bungie. My friend on Live(Dumpymonkey) got himself into the pre beta test (Alpha Test) because his uncle works with Microsoft. He will be the first of Halo fans to know, and he told me when he found out a date he'd let me know cuz im in the Beta.

My GT: CarguyCanuck

RetiredHatch
03-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I was talking about Beta for the PS Home i don't actually own a 360...