PDA

View Full Version : Jumping to another cockpit?

Mojo4Play
11-14-2004, 09:25 PM
While playing flight sims, the only thing I hate more than getting shot down is waiting through the load for another new mission, especially if there are some cool dogfights still going on that I want to get into... but can't on IL-2 or Pacific Fighters.
I enjoy jumping cockpits in LoMAC, sometimes to get another perspective, sometimes just to keep the fight going.
Is anyone considering making this an option on Pacific Fighters?

Mojo4Play
11-14-2004, 09:25 PM
While playing flight sims, the only thing I hate more than getting shot down is waiting through the load for another new mission, especially if there are some cool dogfights still going on that I want to get into... but can't on IL-2 or Pacific Fighters.
I enjoy jumping cockpits in LoMAC, sometimes to get another perspective, sometimes just to keep the fight going.
Is anyone considering making this an option on Pacific Fighters?

deltorro
11-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Janes WW2 Fighters had that also. Always felt like I was cheating though when I swapped swapped cockpits....

Athosd
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I haven't seen any indication that such a 'jump' feature will be included in the IL2 series.

Purists would object for sure, however I wouldn't mind seeing it as an option for single play.

Cheers

Athos

Texas LongHorn
11-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Jeez, doesn't ANYONE read the docs anymore? Jump to next cockpit is user defined, 1-8 pits. Now of course you can't fly the thing, but you can look out the window <ggg.> All the best, LongHorn

Tully__
11-15-2004, 01:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
Jeez, doesn't ANYONE read the docs anymore? Jump to next cockpit is user defined, 1-8 pits. Now of course you can't fly the thing, but you can look out the window &lt;ggg.&gt; All the best, LongHorn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Longhorn, he means a cockpit in another plane after you've been shot down in your first ride... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TheGozr
11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Yea it's called a la "Quake 3".

Pretty cool i would say. just imagine viewing the track in every cockpit after match. ofcourse during battles this should be locked.

Texas LongHorn
11-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Hey Tully, I guess my funny button doesn't work in the middle of the night. I knew what the mate was asking, I was being a little sarcastic. While I tend to fly full real I wouldn't mind the "Next Cockpit" jump, or the "Jump to Next Encounter" either for that matter. Both were one of the slickest features of EAW and not outlandish requests in PF I believe. All the best, LongHorn

HANS-57
11-15-2004, 08:06 AM
This would be a great addition to PF, and the user can always disable it if they don't like it, or simply not use it.

DuxCorvan
11-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Bah, that's not unrealistic. In real life, I have jumped from my cockpit to another plane hundreds of times. It's not difficult after the 53th time, when you realize you're an immortal demigod. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Ooops, never mind, I forgot most of you are simple earthly humans... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif