PDA

View Full Version : what happened to crazyivan's dedicated server setup guide?

Oilburner_TAW
02-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I thought it was stickied somewhere...am I overlooking it?

Oilburner_TAW
02-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I thought it was stickied somewhere...am I overlooking it?

Capt._Tenneal
02-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Last I saw it, it wasn't a sticky anymore. But, I think it's at the GD forum. Look there.

Ooops, found it !

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=692106434

crazyivan1970
02-02-2005, 11:46 AM
just updated it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
It`s still a sticky, but inside of other sticky thread lol

Oilburner_TAW
02-02-2005, 12:07 PM
I can't find how to setup a default password..this won't be on hyperlobby (just a small private server) but I would like it passworded. Anybody know how?

papaboon
02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can you tell me if the dedicated server software is limited to user v user dogfights or can one host co-op games Player v AI??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Unfortunately only user vs user.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the noob question but our clan wanted to set up a FB+AEP+PF co-op server along with our standard FB+AEP+PF dogfight server.
Our server admin is using the IL Server Commander program to run the dogfight server.
For some reason whenever we try to run a co-op server is doesn't work???
The map screen is completely empty??? I guess we a missing something!

BTW, this isn't our first rodeo,(we are not beginners at this), we have six servers for Medal Of Honor:Allied Assault/Pacific Assault,two for Call Of Duty: United Offensive,Two for Battlefield: Vietnam and of course FB+AEP+PF

HELP!!!

Troll2k
02-02-2005, 02:01 PM
At the command line type "help server"(no quotes).You will get the proper syntax for using a password.

Oilburner_TAW
02-02-2005, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by papaboon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can you tell me if the dedicated server software is limited to user v user dogfights or can one host co-op games Player v AI??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Unfortunately only user vs user.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for the noob question but our clan wanted to set up a FB+AEP+PF co-op server along with our standard FB+AEP+PF dogfight server.
Our server admin is using the IL Server Commander program to run the dogfight server.
For some reason whenever we try to run a co-op server is doesn't work???
The map screen is completely empty??? I guess we a missing something!

BTW, this isn't our first rodeo,(we are not beginners at this), we have six servers for Medal Of Honor:Allied Assault/Pacific Assault,two for Call Of Duty: United Offensive,Two for Battlefield: Vietnam and of course FB+AEP+PF

HELP!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is no dedicated coop server or coop server software..all coops are run by people at the controls (sometimes on dedicated machines, but always run by people).

ps..thx troll

papaboon
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/hauxfan/Signs/Group_4/6.gif

Thx for your help,Oilburner!