PDA

View Full Version : More (AI) aircraft options please€¦

aukieboy
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
If there€s one thing that would improve Il2/AEP/PF it would for sure be two more
aircraft options for AI-planes and player-planes.

My suggestions are as follows:
* a timeout function (for all AI aircraft only) under the waypoint tab and
* an additional taxi function in the €˜type€ dropdown menu under the waypoint tab as well.
by setting a series of waypoints that make planes taxi. (for both AI and player aircraft)
More or less like the aircraft carrier options

This way we can add all the aircraft we need to the scene at once from the very start and wake them to taxi to the runway when we want them to. You can put them anywhere you like them to be temporarily stationed or anywhere you like them to start.

It definitely makes the whole game much more dynamic, lively and realistic.
You can actually see other planes moving across the airfield and we don€t have to deal with these silly sudden appearances of AI aircraft (always at the beginning of the runway) that enter the scene at various times (No more freezing moments too! ;-) )
It€s also more interesting to attack enemy airfield while enemy fighters are struggling to reach the runway for their take off run (i.e. moving targets)€¦ yes, like in real life!
And what about a deck of an aircraft carrier crowded with planes that do not neccesarily have to take off€¦ that€s the real stuff and it should be modelled in a great sim like this.

Man, I hope Oleg and crew will take this into consideration so we can fly happily ever after.

Oh and besides the above-mentioned: moving clouds and a windgenerator (yeah I keep complaining about the lack of a decent windoption) would be very welcome, but€¦
I truly love this Sim and the FM of patch 4.01!

BTW: when does BoB enter service? Anyone?

Auk

aukieboy
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
If there€s one thing that would improve Il2/AEP/PF it would for sure be two more
aircraft options for AI-planes and player-planes.

My suggestions are as follows:
* a timeout function (for all AI aircraft only) under the waypoint tab and
* an additional taxi function in the €˜type€ dropdown menu under the waypoint tab as well.
by setting a series of waypoints that make planes taxi. (for both AI and player aircraft)
More or less like the aircraft carrier options

This way we can add all the aircraft we need to the scene at once from the very start and wake them to taxi to the runway when we want them to. You can put them anywhere you like them to be temporarily stationed or anywhere you like them to start.

It definitely makes the whole game much more dynamic, lively and realistic.
You can actually see other planes moving across the airfield and we don€t have to deal with these silly sudden appearances of AI aircraft (always at the beginning of the runway) that enter the scene at various times (No more freezing moments too! ;-) )
It€s also more interesting to attack enemy airfield while enemy fighters are struggling to reach the runway for their take off run (i.e. moving targets)€¦ yes, like in real life!
And what about a deck of an aircraft carrier crowded with planes that do not neccesarily have to take off€¦ that€s the real stuff and it should be modelled in a great sim like this.

Man, I hope Oleg and crew will take this into consideration so we can fly happily ever after.

Oh and besides the above-mentioned: moving clouds and a windgenerator (yeah I keep complaining about the lack of a decent windoption) would be very welcome, but€¦
I truly love this Sim and the FM of patch 4.01!

BTW: when does BoB enter service? Anyone?

Auk

SeaFireLIV
09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
There was a jet sim I once had called Total Air War (I think). And one of the things I really like about it was you (and the AI) could TAXI from the hanger to the position on the runway, with some help from the Tower. It certainly added to the immersion and I enjoyed that. Of course, there was the option to start straight on the runway (for those with little time).

That was a game that must now be around SEVEN years old! Surely FB could have incorporated this too...

BOB is due for release in 2006 (but there`s no certain date).