PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I enable perfect on Direct X with ATI X800 XT

Barrett77
10-31-2004, 08:50 PM
I am kinda pissed about this. I am trying to get direct x to apply the perfect water on the game but cant under direct x. Why is that? What are you guys doing with ATI cards and what all settings are you using?

Barrett77
10-31-2004, 08:50 PM
I am kinda pissed about this. I am trying to get direct x to apply the perfect water on the game but cant under direct x. Why is that? What are you guys doing with ATI cards and what all settings are you using?

VOL_Mountain
10-31-2004, 09:01 PM
Use OpenGL and enjoy!

VW-IceFire
10-31-2004, 10:46 PM
OpenGL is the native API for the IL-2 engine. They added DirectX for cards that didn't have an OpenGL driver...since you're running a top notch ATI card that does have a OpenGL driver you really shouldn't be using the DirectX option unless you need to.

The DirectX option as I hear is just a wrapper (or a emulator) so its probably slower in most cases.

So you need to use OpenGL if you want Perfect mode and the fancy pixel shaders.

LuckyBoy1
10-31-2004, 11:00 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Use the OpenGL Luke!

RocketDog
11-01-2004, 01:27 AM
Yep - perfect mode can only be activated under OpenGL. I'd be interested to know what frame rates you get with the XT in comparison to my 800Pro.

Regards,

RocketDog.

RAAF_Edin
11-01-2004, 01:40 AM
"Open-The-GL" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

pettera
11-01-2004, 02:06 AM
I use an X800 XT and had low framerates on "perfect". Totally new Dell PC delivered last week. Then, I downloaded the driver from ATI and I now run easily on 50-80 fps almost always. I use OpenGL of course. I don√¬¶t recall the screen resolution but it is below 1600x??.

The water looks nice but there are som artefactes

Barrett77
11-01-2004, 07:51 AM
Didnt know they didnt like running it on Direct X. Well, what are you guys finding the best settings are for water, effects, AA, AF etc in the game. I am still trying to work that stuff out.

Thanks for all the replies too!!!

402Cdn.Valkyrie
11-01-2004, 09:14 AM
A little whini from my part!!

See this i find unfair, guys that have no clue as to what to do with all their money buy all the newest hardware but dont really know how they work. So they ask us, witch is fair enough, but guys like me dont have money for cards like that... Sooo we just drool over scrennies from people that do.

And aboot that AA & AF mate just play with it, you cant kill your card by doing so, and thats the best way to learn it...