PDA

View Full Version : Gunner joystick

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi,

Recently I have received my new Cougar, and it has brought new life to my sims! But now I wonder what I can do if I want a "joystick" which provides a "more realistic" experience in the gunner position?

I was thinking about a yoke for the gunner (together with Cougar of course). Do you know a better setup?

Will it be possible to run this setup together? Actually when I jump to gunner positions I control them with mouse, but if I replace mouse with yoke, how could I move in the map? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Anybody has a setup like this or similar? What do you think?

Any comment will be appreciated

Thanks!

Message Edited on 07/21/0303:38PM by Darkbluesky

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi,

Recently I have received my new Cougar, and it has brought new life to my sims! But now I wonder what I can do if I want a "joystick" which provides a "more realistic" experience in the gunner position?

I was thinking about a yoke for the gunner (together with Cougar of course). Do you know a better setup?

Will it be possible to run this setup together? Actually when I jump to gunner positions I control them with mouse, but if I replace mouse with yoke, how could I move in the map? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Anybody has a setup like this or similar? What do you think?

Any comment will be appreciated

Thanks!

Message Edited on 07/21/0303:38PM by Darkbluesky

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 03:55 PM
well you could try some programming with your kitty- something like SWAP statement between joystick and microstick axes(set as mouse using MTYPE statement)-probably using dogfight switch for pilot/gunner and axes swap.
i haven't actually tried this in fb i've been using the microstick for gunner- still got the joystick to dodge etc while in gunner position- great fun in a stuka.:-)
it should also be posible to use a separate stick if its programming allows it to mimic a mouse but cougar is the only one that springs to mind

for all cougar stuff try http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/

XyZspineZyX
07-21-2003, 04:01 PM
IMHO, the use of the joystick to control the gunner's gun(s) is a programming error by 1C/Maddox.

Taking ones hand off the js and reaching for the mouse is a real pain.

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg