PDA

View Full Version : Pacific sequel? Sure, UBI read this!

Hitman_PAces
11-26-2004, 09:29 AM
From an interview with the early developers of SH2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Silent Hunter I has sold over 300,000 copies worldwide. It outsold its main competition, the excellent Aces of the Deep, on approximately a two-to-one scale <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it?

Lots of Pacific warfare fans out there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Hitman_PAces
11-26-2004, 09:29 AM
From an interview with the early developers of SH2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Silent Hunter I has sold over 300,000 copies worldwide. It outsold its main competition, the excellent Aces of the Deep, on approximately a two-to-one scale <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it?

Lots of Pacific warfare fans out there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DanCanovas
11-26-2004, 10:14 AM
i find the Atlantic much more interesting. It also makes for good gaming because as you progress through the war you're fighting as the underdogs and against the odds

RedTerex
11-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Count me in as 300,001 for Pacific Theatre of war.

Even though I will play SH3, I wont be playing it with the same Gusto as I did with SH1 !
Sinking Japanese ships as an American Sub was sweet !

And thanks for the PA patch for SH2 Hitman_PAces and team, well worth the donation, it was an excellent endeavour done to a proffesional degree, hats off to you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

oscar0072004
11-26-2004, 11:20 AM
however is find the pacific theatre allso interesting , why does everyone allways keep nagging for addons and more theatres when sh-3 itself is still in the works?

Hitman_PAces
11-26-2004, 12:01 PM
@RedTerex: Thanks a lot! That's always encouraging http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oscar: Because not everyone can be pleased to a 100%, and if the sim is succesful, it might have a sequel.

I love U-Boots, and wil go buy SH3 the first day it appears. But I'm telling also the Dev team that I will happily buy a sequel based on the Pacific, and am not the only one.

You must remember that before a company puts a single cent on a project, there needs to be some reassurement that it will sell well.

I'm trying to give UBI that reassurement, to help the Dev team continue having funds from UBI for future projects. Games are created when there is a certain "demand" for them, so we are trying to make this demand visible.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

hauitsme
11-26-2004, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar0072004:
why does everyone allways keep nagging for addons and more theatres when sh-3 itself is still in the works? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
How can you ask that, when you have asked/demanded so much yourself?

oscar0072004
11-28-2004, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar0072004:
why does everyone allways keep nagging for addons and more theatres when sh-3 itself is still in the works? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
How can you ask that, when you have asked/demanded so much yourself? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well since some stuff i mentioned has been been added to sh-3 . one of them being the seagulls? now who started that thread? i,m sure there are other things i mentioned that are implemented but the seagull idea was orignally my idea. and the things i asked for were allways reasonable.

SailorSteve
11-28-2004, 10:51 AM
1) Because there is always something more we want to see.

2) Because nagging for more is fun.

I too would love to see a Pacific version, but since this is what I'm getting for now, I plan to make the most of it. I still play Aces Of the Deep, Silent Hunter, Silent Hunter II and Pacific Aces; all about equally. Oh, and Destroyer Command as well.

hauitsme
11-28-2004, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
How can you ask that, when you have asked/demanded so much yourself? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well since some stuff i mentioned has been been added to sh-3 . one of them being the seagulls? now who started that thread? i,m sure there are other things i mentioned that are implemented but the seagull idea was orignally my idea. and the things i asked for were allways reasonable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So no-one else is allowed to ask/request anything since you did? A little self-rightious, isn't it?
We'll get back to that 'always reasonable' statement of yours later!

To be continued......(you can count on it!)

DerSchweiger
11-28-2004, 01:03 PM
i dont like/want to play an american sub in the pacific http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SailorSteve
11-28-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't want/like to play First Person Shooters or Massive Online Role-Playing Games, but I'm glad that others do.

If you don't like SHI, don't play it. I still will, and I'll play a Pacific version of SHIII if there is one.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2004, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SailorSteve:
I don't want/like to play First Person Shooters or Massive Online Role-Playing Games, but I'm glad that others do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Diversity is what makes the world so great. If we all liked the same stuff it would be boring. I just do not understand why some people can only see the world in terms of what they want, and can't understand the point in letting others get what they want too. I spend most of my time on games forums arguing for OPTIONAL features with people who either cannot or will not see beyond their own needs. Many times people will argue (to the point of anger) that the game shouldn't be allowed to have options that (if they don't like them) need never affect them as long as they simply choose not to use them. Seems to me that selfishness and/or plain ignorance will be the downfall of humanity.

I want a Pacific sub game too - one that allows you the option to play as the Japanese or the Americans.

bertgang
11-29-2004, 05:03 AM
All expansions, mods, oceans for SHIII are well accepted.

Give me the british Upholder, and I will be really pleased sinking italians in the mediterranean too.

But, thinking to something innovative, I'd like to play as a german surface raider (armed merchant or pocket battleship).
It's a sort of desperate task, quite impossible to survive on the long run, but not really a difficult add for SHIII: sea, AI, surface and aerial units are the same.

GertFroebe
11-29-2004, 05:24 AM
First SH3 has to be a commercial success for UBI!!

That is the most important thing! And I think that a pacific-subgame wouldn't be that successful, like an atlantic-subgame.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2004, 06:42 AM
SH1 was very successful, and it was set in the Pacific.

E.Thang
11-29-2004, 11:19 AM
I find the history of the U-boat war fascinating, and will buy and wear out my copy of SH3 as soon as it's released. That being said, SH1 was the best sub sim I have ever played. SH1 was Pacific, SH2 -U boats in the Atlantic, I think a lot of people were hoping they would go back to the Pacific for this one. I was. The Pacifc is much more interesting, geographically. There are so many island chains, and patrolling the Jap Mainland is not easy! Try sinking a flat top along the northern edges of Honshu if you want a challange. I would hope that the dev team does a SH4 Pacific, instead of an add on mod. The Pacific campaign deserves just as much attention to detail. Besides, economically, the American Market is where the money is. Americans want to play in the subs there country built, and there grandfathers, or great grandfathers may have patrolled in.

bertgang
11-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Sure, they can't ignore wishes of american market, even if only US customers should be interested (that's not true, anyway).

Yarrick_
11-29-2004, 11:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by E.Thang:
Besides, economically, the American Market is where the money is. Americans want to play in the subs there country built, and there grandfathers, or great grandfathers may have patrolled in. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm European, so I have much more interest in a game based in Europe, the pacific sounds so far for me -it stills sounds far after low-fares airlines begun to appear- that it would feel for me much like playing an almost-science-fiction-game .
I don't even have information about historical facts in the Japanees theater: I know about Yamato Crusiers, Zero planes, Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, general lines about the battles in the islands, the attack on the British naval bases, what happened on Iroshima&Nagasaki, and about the "verstungen" air raid on Tokio in 1942.
Not more... and I'm studying history... let's now think about the rest of the people...

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm a European (English) who currently lives in the US. I prefer U-Boat simulations because all the action takes place around the areas I'm familiar with. However, if a Pacific sub simulator comes along, I will gladly play it. The Pacific, as someone already mentioned, has a fascinating geography, as anyone who played SH1 knows. The Atlantic and Pacific theatres were very different in terms of the submarine war, and I would enjoy equally playing simulations of U-Boats in the Atlantic and Submarines in the Pacific.

zaza-mushi
11-29-2004, 01:02 PM
I would lile to play pacific are soon or later! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I am Jpananese and I have read books of Japanese subcrews writng.Its very interesting.

IJN had a lot of unique subs.
I-400 type (it can carry 3 bomber planes)
Senyu-dai (type I-361) transportation sub
I-58 with a carring Kaiten (kamikaze torped)
and etc....

And INJ had send subs in various types of mission.
Going to Germany, caring kaiten, caring food for isolated island,
bombing America with scout plane which they carring and etc... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

See looks very intersting! Do you want play pacific area with a Japanese subs now?
Of corse I want!!!
(I hope Dve team feel same what I feel now.) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Alpha_456
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm European (Greek)also.I prefer u-boats but that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy playing SH1 or SH4 in future.But i believe that before asking for a pacific theatre add-on or SH4 we should ask from the Dev team a bug-free SH3.As this is yet to be seen i feel is really premature to ask for something new.IF SH3 is bug-free with a correct dynamic campaign and last but not least a very good artificial intelligence THEN go ahead and ask whatever you like. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif