PDA

View Full Version : After Merged Installation I have two Seperate Games

sorryroper
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Greetings,

I completed the merged installation of FB+AEP+PF v4.02 without any problems. However, I now have two seperate game folders, one for Pacific Fighters and one for the FBAEPPF installation, as well as two icons on my desktop...one for PF and for teh FBAEPPF installation. I tried to uninstall just the Pacific Fighters, but it wouldn't let me. There are also seperate missions on both games. How can I get rid of the stand alone Pacific Fighters and just have the merged installation? I need the disk space and it seems kind of redundant to have every folder duplicated twice.

By the way, it would be easier to quit crack than this game! My wife is furious, my eyes are bloodshot, and I am having the time of my life!!!

FoolTrottel
01-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi, Welcome Here!

Just delete the desktop icon, and delete the folder in which that PF stand alone is installed.

Keep on havin' fun!

steve_v
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
Just delete the desktop icon, and delete the folder in which that PF stand alone is installed.
http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/alone.jpg

Definitely a thing not to do. If you look in add/remove programs, you'll see each install, merged and stand alone, has its own entry. Its good practice to use either the programs or Windows uninstaller when removing a program. Deleting program files is a can of worms.

ZK-DABLIN
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I agree with Steve. Just deleting the folder is pretty risky, it does work some times, but there is no guarentee it wont cripple both games.

If you cant uninstall them seperately, I recommend uninstalling the whole lot and try again. Time consuming I know, but you will just have to make the choice whether it will be time well spent or whether the extra disk space used by the extra files is negligable.

The risky part usually arises from within the registry, not always within the file structure itself.

Another option I just thought of is to just delete the files and change all references within the registry to the remaining game.

I wouldn't recommend it though, never done it and you might just cripple the whole thing anyway. The registry is not something to play around with at any rate.

FoolTrottel
01-13-2006, 12:18 AM
I do know deleting it is not a good thing.

However, there's two things in the post that make it the only option left:
-"I tried to uninstall just the Pacific Fighters, but it wouldn't let me."
-"I need the disk space"