PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 Bonus Content Will Come To All

Justin-x
09-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Found this while trying to get to these forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.incgamers.com/News/...-come-to-all?gr_i_ni (http://www.incgamers.com/News/18623/assassins-creed-2-bonus-content-will-come-to-all?gr_i_ni)

All gamers will be able to access the bonus content issued to those who purchase the special editions of the game - eventually.

FROGGEman2
09-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Oh *******it.

Charlie_Romeo
09-17-2009, 06:47 AM
lol for a price
*your ring finger*

KZarr
09-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Yay, good news!

sacredmoon101
09-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Yay! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Cpt_Yanni
09-17-2009, 08:45 AM
The only difference is probably that the dlc will release a few months after the release of the game...

Biomedical-Fire
09-17-2009, 09:54 AM
If people can wait long enough, at least now they won't have to pay a ridiculous price on ebay to get the DLC.

Iskander_Estel
09-17-2009, 10:24 AM
f**k yeah!!! now this are good news...
at least we will se the shipyard http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I hope you people still have to pay for it...I'm paying full price for the Black Edition off Play.com.
However, let's do the math a second, here.

Fallout 3 DLC set me back roughly the cost of the game again on what I initially paid for it. Granted, Assassin's Creed ain't gonna have THAT MUCH DLC, but...it's gonna be a fair bit again on top. I'm betting between 10 and 20 extra (wouldn't surprise me if UBI tried to squeeze each and every one of you for every penny you had...they're a business after all, and I'd do exactly the same thing to my (hypothetical, for the sake of the argument) adoring fanshttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif). So those of you who want the extra content are going to be paying:

50-60 for the game and three extra missions.

People buying the black edition will be paying:

70 for the game and three extra missions,
an ultra-rare black-cloaked Ezio figurine,
A leather-styled, parchment finished hardcover conspiracy book.
The game's soundtrack.
All promotional videos readily available along with behind the scenes stuff and whatnot.
Collectible black packaging with a unique holographic signature*

I get that 70 is a lot. I first saw it and thought "HA! You're taking the ****!"...but the people who pay that are basically getting that stuff for 10 (Or 20...but I got my estimates on the 15 area) for loads more stuff, none of which is gonna be available post-launch.

I don't know...I just can't help thinking that people who're gonna wait for the DLC are losing out on a better deal...

BTW I empathize if all content is not available to you (i.e. Non-Europeans and -Aussies), but you are still willing to pay full price. This post is basically directed to the people who CAN buy the Black Edition, but aren't willing to pay for it, whilst still pining after all the extra content we who WILL pay for it are going to get.

*Not sure what the hell I'd ever do with that. Maybe I'd use it to carry around my collection of human heads one-at-a-time without arousing suspicion...depends how large it is, I guess. Will keep you posted. Or not. I might be having just TOO MUCH FUN WITH THE GAME!

Iskander_Estel
09-17-2009, 11:09 AM
you're a horrible person...

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
you're a horrible person... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
And proud of it.

Seriously, if you can, and you want the bonus content, you might as well buy the Black Edition, simply because it actually is a REALLY GOOD deal. An extra 30 is nothing if you'll be spending a portion of that on the DLC anyway. In the long run, people who buy the black edition will be paying less than 20 more than everyone else, which...isn't even that much.
Quite clever, business0wise, I think. Works better than that ******ed Lancer bundle you could get with Gears of War 2. With the Black edition, the benefits actually come in the game itself.

Sorry if you can't get it; really. I think it should be available to buy for everyone who wants it; what isn't fair is that some can't get it at all and have to settle for the bare bones. THAT is just cruel.

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm getting it for console, as, I assume, are the majority of people. For me, it's 69.99.

Iskander_Estel
09-17-2009, 12:53 PM
i'm from America i can't get black edition
but by the time they relased master assassin edition i had already pre-ordered a normal copy.
So i'm happy that poeple like me can have the complete game.

Mizz_Assassin
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Meh
whatevs, its a game.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

SWJS
09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Gall darn it! I've already spent $90 on the MAE, and now you're telling me all the people who didn't pay for the extra maps are gonna get them too?!

Well, AT LEAST we still get the Sountrack, Statue, Book, a premium casing.

It's still annoying too though, since I payed for extra special content everyone else will get. That drained my wallet, man.

Charlie_Romeo
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
i wont bother, as didnt the developers say that there over 200 missions??? lol an extra 3 aint going to bother me when it is 1.5% extra missions lol

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Gall darn it! I've already spent $90 on the MAE, and now you're telling me all the people who didn't pay for the extra maps are gonna get them too?!

Well, AT LEAST we still get the Sountrack, Statue, Book, a premium casing.

It's still annoying too though, since I payed for extra special content everyone else will get. That drained my wallet, man.

they never said they would be free.

SWJS
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
This is true. But still. I emptied my wallet for the MAE. And even though the content will cost MS points, everyone else wont have to pay $90+ to get them.

It just doesn't seem fair to us who did buy the special editions.

Also, I have nothing against the lucky people who will get the extra content. In fact I'm glad for them, as I'm usually the one who's always in their position.

*sigh*

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
and a lot of people in the UK paid $115 for the black edition and it only get's one extra map over the MAE.

the fact is say the game comes out for $60 and the MAE is only $80 on ebgames you only need the 2 DLC to be near $10 each then you got your book, DVD, soundtrack and statue on top of that. the extras alone are probably worth the $20 to start with.

obliviondoll
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
As soon as the Ezio Master Assassin figure, art book and behind the scenes disc come out as DLC, I'm cancelling my Black Edition pre-order and making a formal complaint.

Until that point, however.... Wo0t!!! BLACK EDITION!

Iskander_Estel
09-17-2009, 01:47 PM
i think the bonus mission are just a small part of the especial editions.
the imprtant thing is everything else
i don't understand why is everyone so upset.
can't you leave everyone be happy?

we only want to enjoy Assassin's Creed, if somebody is here for other reasons well... you're just wasting you're time.

Ragnar789
09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
i ordered the master edition so does that mean i will have to pay for all of them over again just to get one map?

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
they should release the maps separately as different version come with different maps, white has 1/3 MAE has 2/3 and black has 3/3, so selling it all separate would make most sense.

KZarr
09-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
As soon as the Ezio Master Assassin figure come out as DLC,
How the **** can a figurine come out as DLC?

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
How the **** can a figurine come out as DLC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
never seen those 3D printers?

Jack_Vykios
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
How the **** can a figurine come out as DLC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
never seen those 3D printers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, man. You don't got one yet? I've had one for years. They're old hat now.
Get with the times, brother. Mend your ways before it is too late!

...what game is that from? Is it even from a game? Dangit, that's gonna play on my mind fore...Oh yes. Father Grigori from Half-Life2.
Oh man...I'm such a nerd.

Davidsanfi
09-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Well thats freaking ******ed. what a waste of my cash. i already pre ordered master assassins edition. didnt it say EXCLUSIVE in game maps??? how exclusive does that make it if anybody can have it????

caswallawn_2k7
09-17-2009, 03:32 PM
if you really feel that strongly about people without the collectors ed's getting the map's why not just cancel your pre order and swap for the standard game.

Charlie_Romeo
09-17-2009, 03:46 PM
lol people over react dont they??
look at it this way, you will have the content sooner (im guessing atleast a couple of months probably around january time), you will have it cheaper (overall your paying for other things like a figurine ect) and you'll have other things like the figrine ect?

ps am i spelling figurine right??

FROGGEman2
09-18-2009, 12:12 AM
For DLC I was expecting it to feature entire new cities. But, instead, we will get nothing new or interesting. Nice move, Ubisoft, nice move. Very slick. This is just like when you "announced" multiplayer.

the amolang
09-18-2009, 12:20 AM
in a way this makes me happy, cause I was only wanting the other editions because of the extra in game stuff but now that its coming to all eventually makes me happy... but its not really what I would say I was hoping for DLC. I wanted a side story and new (BIG) places to go... something the size of Rockstar's DLCs. But I know that it would have been highly unlikely...

gamerxclutch
09-26-2009, 01:58 PM
it doesnt seem like something that small of a dlc would be 800 ms points or $10