PDA

View Full Version : AI Realistic Reactions



Tornadium
06-10-2007, 07:24 AM
I was reading some information about the assassinations in AC. However i didnt see anything about your targets reactions. Say if you tried to attack your target but missed the first time would he run off and then return to his tasks? Personally i would prefer him to run and go into hiding for a while. If i was getting stalked by an assassin i would hide for a week in my house and baracade all entrances.

It would feel kind of stupid if you missed, ran away and lost the guards then returned to find your target standing doing what he was doing even though an assassin just tried to kill him.

danny.b87
06-10-2007, 07:36 AM
jade said in a new interview
that if you missed the target he might hide behind his guards like a coward and say that the guards have the get altair.. so jade said: the guards are not your target but the main guy is your target so you might have to run after your target meaning that you have the get away from the guards but the mission has to be succeed any means neccesary

Tornadium
06-10-2007, 07:42 AM
I must have missed that thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Did she mention what would happen if the target ran and you lost sight of him? Would he return to his task or hide?

danny.b87
06-10-2007, 07:47 AM
you just have to make sure you can run after him
but jade said you have to complete your mission so my guess is the only way to fail your mission is when you die i guess or maby the target is to far away or something

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6821097565

heres a topic with an interview inside its frence with english subtitles so in this interview jade says something about it so check it out (click on the smiley)

moqqy
06-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by danny.b87:
jade said in a new interview
that if you missed the target he might hide behind his guards like a coward and say that the guards have the get altair.. so jade said: the guards are not your target but the main guy is your target so you might have to run after your target meaning that you have the get away from the guards but the mission has to be succeed any means neccesary

actually she said that the target may go behind his guards - or if he's a coward run away and tell his guards to attack Altair http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

fiso16
06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
one of the first trailers where altair runs up towards his target the leaps in the air for the attack. if u watch the target carefully he starts to pull out his sword, therefore meaning that not only can they run, but can also fight back.
too bad in the trailer altair stabs him before he can fight back.

Boromir323
06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by fiso16:
one of the first trailers where altair runs up towards his target the leaps in the air for the attack. if u watch the target carefully he starts to pull out his sword, therefore meaning that not only can they run, but can also fight back.
too bad in the trailer altair stabs him before he can fight back.

I remember a screenshot of Altair dueling the guy he killed in the X06 demo in a one-on-one sword fight. I cant remember were I saw it though.

etothevizzle
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Boromir323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fiso16:
one of the first trailers where altair runs up towards his target the leaps in the air for the attack. if u watch the target carefully he starts to pull out his sword, therefore meaning that not only can they run, but can also fight back.
too bad in the trailer altair stabs him before he can fight back.

I remember a screenshot of Altair dueling the guy he killed in the X06 demo in a one-on-one sword fight. I cant remember were I saw it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was it this screen? (http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=930278&img=22&sid=undefined)

moqqy
06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by fiso16:
one of the first trailers where altair runs up towards his target the leaps in the air for the attack. if u watch the target carefully he starts to pull out his sword, therefore meaning that not only can they run, but can also fight back.
too bad in the trailer altair stabs him before he can fight back.
well ehm, why couldnt the targets fight back? what would the point be?

Phreaky_McGeek
06-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Keep in mind the targets might not be trained to use a weapon, some might be wealthy figures of importance etc...

moqqy
06-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
Keep in mind the targets might not be trained to use a weapon, some might be wealthy figures of importance etc... Yeah, but as it seems there are knights etc as targets

Pinjani10
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
There are several reasons why a target will not gight back:

1. You snuck up on them and killed them without them noticing you at all
2. They noticed and perhaps began to unsheath their weapon but kill them before they can do it.
3. They dont know how to fight
4. They run away instead :P

Beren111
06-14-2007, 12:20 PM
5. the guards get in the way
(stupid gits) altair kills all