PDA

View Full Version : the "next sim"

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 10:52 AM
i was wondering if it would be possable in the next sim(or FB i wont complain)if u could set up a mission where the AI aponets had no set way points or objectives u only set youre objective and the AI reacts to what u do?
for example u set a mission with a squad of yaks and then set up the enemy as a german Luffwafa(i know i spelled that wrong)squad then u sipmly try to destroy there base and the computer reacts to what u do. a refule/rearm feture when landing would be a must?

what do u thnik? possable or not?

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 10:52 AM
i was wondering if it would be possable in the next sim(or FB i wont complain)if u could set up a mission where the AI aponets had no set way points or objectives u only set youre objective and the AI reacts to what u do?
for example u set a mission with a squad of yaks and then set up the enemy as a german Luffwafa(i know i spelled that wrong)squad then u sipmly try to destroy there base and the computer reacts to what u do. a refule/rearm feture when landing would be a must?

what do u thnik? possable or not?

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 11:11 AM
The right campaign generator could do that now.

There are ways to interface 3rd party generators to IL2/FB and do exactly that. So far only part of the possiblities are explained, only limited interaction with the sim. There is much more but try and get documents... I know I did and could only find out how to work with the DCG for the sim and not for a stand-alone working with the sim itself. Good Luck to others. It is still possible but only Starshoy has the full capability. IL2/FB will not benefit fully from the resources of the community without openness.

Neal

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 09:34 AM
i got the uber quick mission bulider are there others?and did u say there is one that can do just that?what one?

WWMaxGunz wrote:
- The right campaign generator could do that now.
-
- There are ways to interface 3rd party generators to
- IL2/FB and do exactly that.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Maybe it is not written yet.

I think that at least one of the 3rd party online war generators counts planes and I am sure that it is possible.

There are limits on what 3rd party generators can do because the complete generator program to IL2/FB interfacing is not documented at least in english and even in russian it is not available. There were places in the original IL2 in I believe an ini file to name a 3rd party generator that would run between missions -- with FB that became much more yet all the 3rd party campaign generator writers I know of have been able to get at is the same old log files as before. So it is possible but may be a bit clunky.
The writer(s) of the in-game generator do not share this information. The one I wrote to a few times asking seems to believe that the in-game generator does everything. We should all learn how to make scripts for that and like the limits.

Neal