PDA

View Full Version : Missing Files?

Blargenth
04-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Whenever I try to launch the game it gets to the EA red logo and then the game minimizes and a "Critical Error" message popsup.

It says that their are 3 files missing... but the names for them are mostly gibberish made of stuff like %@--@!562#$57&FS and stuff like that... I doubt its logical data but if it is and its just not gettin the languages correct then tell me and I'll post the actual names of the files if needed.

Also don't ask for my specs, they are more than sufficient ok!

TheStranger.
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm going to assume you already tried to reinstall the game right?

Blargenth
04-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Yep Yep, and the same error message came up again.

mizfitz
04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
More than sufficient does not mean supported. Without knowing your systems specs, there can only be speculation about your problem.

Blargenth
04-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Windows vista 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM 5.00 GB
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Heres a picture of the error message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/blargenth/generalprotectionfault.jpg

mizfitz
04-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Posted Wed April 28 2010 10:08 Hide Post
With an ATI card, make sure you have the latest display drivers (and sound drivers) and also try downloading this ATI hotfix before playing and retry.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbar...t-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx

Keep your background processes to a minimum - Selective Start up (uncheck Load Startup Items) is recommended

Blargenth
04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
That link is broken...

Blargenth
04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Ok I did everything you said, and still absolutely nothing different happened. It still crashed at the same spot and still came up with the same error message.

Are real UBISOFT programs monitorring these forums? Cause it sounds like something they should fix!

Blargenth
04-29-2010, 11:55 PM
My problem isn't fixed yet! Someone please help me!

dontos
05-08-2010, 12:25 AM
I had severe crashing issue from when I bought the game on the day it was released until yesterday. I contacted Ubi support and went back and fourth with them for over a week. I provided everything they asked for (configuration files) and tried everything the they suggested. Nothing worked. I installed the patch and it didn't help at all. Game was unplayable.

Finally, I changed my memory speed setting in BIOS from 1066 to auto, which runs it at 800. The Kingston memory I'm running is rated to run at 1066, but my ASUS motherboard controller only supports running it at that speed by overclocking the memory controller. My system runs fine with the overclocked setting when running other programs that are not as demanding, but not this game.

My advice to you is to confirm that your system meets the minimum requirements to run the game, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your video card and motherboard chipset, make sure you don't have any melware on your system, make sure your OS is fully updated, make sure you are not overclocking anything and make sure your system is properly ventilated to prevent overheating issues.

If you continue to have problems despite having done all these things, they I suggest you open an issue with Ubi Support. Good luck.

GuZZ33
05-08-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Blargenth:
RAM 5.00 GB.
Odd amount of memory in a system, you mean 6 GB right?

GuZZ33
05-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Blargenth:
Whenever I try to launch the game it gets to the EA red logo and then the game minimizes and a "Critical Error" message popsup.
EA red logo?, i think you mean UBISOFT? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ashrien
05-12-2010, 02:21 AM
So.. It's crapping after fullscreen, when it should be playing any one of the 5-6 intro movies?

I don't suppose you tried one of the no-intro fixes available on GameCopyWorld?