PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pacific Fighters

Genuine_Ace
04-10-2005, 01:53 AM
I haven't yet got Pacific Fighters but am looking into it, however I came across the system requirements. It says you need 512meg memory and have to have Broadband internet. I only have 256meg memory and a 56k dialup modem, Do i HAVE TO have 512meg memory AND broadband internet in order to play the game quite effectively? Please help me!

Genuine_Ace
04-10-2005, 01:53 AM
I haven't yet got Pacific Fighters but am looking into it, however I came across the system requirements. It says you need 512meg memory and have to have Broadband internet. I only have 256meg memory and a 56k dialup modem, Do i HAVE TO have 512meg memory AND broadband internet in order to play the game quite effectively? Please help me!

Tully__
04-10-2005, 02:29 AM
You don't need the internet connection at all for offline play (except to download the patches). For online a good, stable dial connection is ok for very small mission maps with limited aircraft and objects in the air, but for smooth gameplay on the larger, more popular servers broadband is recommended.

You *might* be able to run the game on 256MB of memory on the really limited missions, but it wont be much fun trying to play it. The game will be continually pausing while it loads map and object information on and off the hard drive to make room in the limited amount of memory. 512MB is really a bare minimum for any sort of playability, even on small maps with limited numbers of aircraft & objects. For really smooth game play you should have at least 1GB of memory (1024MB).