PDA

View Full Version : Latest patch kills AC2

JVitamin
11-29-2011, 02:27 PM
After latest patch about noon today(PST.) I can no longer play AC2 at all on PC. When I click on the desktop icon, Ubisoft screen comes up, I press play, screen flashes, then post-play report comes up. Can anyone tell me how to remove the last patch?

salad10203
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Call technical support.

Black_Widow9
11-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes. Please follow the link in my signature to contact Ubisoft Support.
It seems however, that there has not been a patch released since 3/3/10 for AC2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Abeonis
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
To further Black_Widow9's comment: I would also suggest you check the compatibility mode you've got the game set too. It may be a case that something besides the patch is affecting you ability to play the game.

JVitamin
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by salad10203:
Call technical support.

There is no one to call.Ubisoft does not provide a phone number for support. Thanks, anyway.

JVitamin
12-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Yes. Please follow the link in my signature to contact Ubisoft Support.
It seems however, that there has not been a patch released since 3/3/10 for AC2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Well, it's funny that I played the game for over a month with no issues. Now after this update either to the game, or to the launcher itself, it tries to start but, goes straight to the after-game report, saying that I played for 7 sec. My drivers are up to date, and all directX features are enabled. Any other ideas?

JVitamin
12-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
To further Black_Widow9's comment: I would also suggest you check the compatibility mode you've got the game set too. It may be a case that something besides the patch is affecting you ability to play the game.
How do I check/change compatibility mode? I haven't changed anything, and it worked fine up until the update.