PDA

View Full Version : What if they did this with the DLC? :

AubreyWilborn
11-03-2010, 08:19 PM
What if they didn't release ANY of the DLC, and just gave everyone the same, plain jane version. Then, they made all the DLC available at the same time, for everybody, for varying amounts of dollars/Euros/Uplay points.

It would allow people to customize their game, and it would make it so that no one version of the game is superior to any other. What do y'all think?

LaCava1
11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Good idea. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen any time soon. If only it did, though.

obliviondoll
11-04-2010, 04:14 AM
At this point, doing that would be violation of laws in several countries about false and misleading advertising.

Making that the case would be a great idea, but it's not likely to happen.

I don't think making anything downloadable an exclusive is a good idea in the first place.

extrememuffin
11-04-2010, 09:45 AM
we can only hope they do this for AC3 but im betting it wont happen. PS3 will probably get extra stuff again

AubreyWilborn
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it really would be great if they implemented this policy for DLC. Another thing they could do is give each copy of a game limited slots-like three. So you could only choose three types of DLC that you wanted.

McAwesomeSauce
11-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
Yeah, it really would be great if they implemented this policy for DLC. Another thing they could do is give each copy of a game limited slots-like three. So you could only choose three types of DLC that you wanted.
I don't see how that makes any sence at all. So Ubisoft will loose money on DLC because you can only get 3 DLC's for your disc?

Anyway, i don't think this will happen, keep in mind, Ubisoft gets millions of dollars from Sony to make that exclusive PS3 content. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif