PDA

View Full Version : Mac Application Launch - SOLUTION

jwarthman
12-25-2004, 03:57 PM
At first, I installed this game inside "Applications", in a new folder called "Myst IV Revelation". I could not get the game to launch - it came up, displayed a big blue rectangle not taking up the full screen, then quit. I tried various "fixes" posted here and elsewhere, including fixing permissions - all to no avail.

On a hunch, I uninstalled the game, then re-installed it. This time, I simply accepted the installer's default location, inside "Applications" in a folder called Ubisoft".

It worked!

I'm now trying to learn the game interface, but the sound and graphics are amazing.

I'm running this under 10.3.5 on a Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5.

Enjoy!

jwarthman
12-25-2004, 03:57 PM
At first, I installed this game inside "Applications", in a new folder called "Myst IV Revelation". I could not get the game to launch - it came up, displayed a big blue rectangle not taking up the full screen, then quit. I tried various "fixes" posted here and elsewhere, including fixing permissions - all to no avail.

On a hunch, I uninstalled the game, then re-installed it. This time, I simply accepted the installer's default location, inside "Applications" in a folder called Ubisoft".

It worked!

I'm now trying to learn the game interface, but the sound and graphics are amazing.

I'm running this under 10.3.5 on a Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5.

Enjoy!