PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions Thread

LordMelgoth
05-31-2010, 11:51 PM
with the news that future soldier is delayed for a bit giving more time for development, perhaps some player suggestions might be helpful?

i would personally like to see the exoskeleton to have a on board power system, which could power the electronics the ghost has. if the power runs out, then the ghost is left only with his good old gun/hand to hand combat skill.

the thermoptic camoflarge suits could consume quite a bit of power so people are less likely to use it for no reason.

plus, if shot at, the thermoptic camoflarge suits could deactivate and be rendered unusable for 2 minutes while the systems repair itself.

also, the drones look really bad, improve the aesthetic appeal (lol, cute but very deadly machine XD) of them.

im bound to have some criticism but anyway....

Pest_AWC
06-01-2010, 03:45 PM
First of all, suggestion threads have never worked with UBI games.

UBI even set up some suggestion threads themselves and then did the opposite of what the majority asked for.

Your best bet is to not suggest something you want or suggest the opposite, because once it is up here it won't see the light of day.

Do you remember all of the Ghost Recon threads asking for a futuristic soldier using a single all purpose gun and having exoskeleton's and futuristic adaptive camo suits?

No?

That's my point.

GuZZ33
06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by mecblade:
the thermoptic camoflarge suits could consume quite a bit of power so people are less likely to use it for no reason.

plus, if shot at, the thermoptic camoflarge suits could deactivate and be rendered unusable for 2 minutes while the systems repair itself.
I read in a preview a while back that the cloaking device shuts off once you fire a weapon.

EDIT: Yeah, it was reported on gamesradar.

"the Thermoptic Camouflage will help the Ghosts get close enough to unleash their new brand of physical hurt. However, when you fire your weapon, the camo switches off and you become detectable".

BSR_RuGGBuTT
06-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I (and many others) "suggested" that UBI not ghey up any more of the GR series with this future star wars garbage. As you can see they didn't pay attention.

BOTA-16
06-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Not to mention the many "suggestion" threads for Rainbow Six. We know how those worked out. We got everything we didn't want and nothing we did want.

Sorry OP. Not a lot of optimism on here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RNPGhost
06-11-2011, 10:18 AM
ATM no preorder for this game appears available for PC. Will PC gamers ONLY have access to the free Ghost Recon Online, or will we see Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PC? I think there are quite a few who'd love to see the game on PC.

kalenath
06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
The way things are going, it is likely to be Xbox only and THANK GOD.

The LAST thing we need is a COD/MOH/BF clone with cloaking devices trying to steal us away from REAL tactical gaming possibilities. Not that there are many of those these days. Everyone is going towards MOH! Shoot, shoot, shoot, make something explode, watch cutscene, run and hide to regen health, shoot, shoot, shoot...

Hopefully SOMEONE will make an actual tactical game again like Ghost Recon, but it almost certainly won't be Ubisoft. They don't do that kind of thing anymore.

RNPGhost
06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I suppose. I imagine it's difficult to make a game that truly promotes team playing when FPS run and gun gameplay has become so popular. The single player looks much better for teamwork etc, as you can really set the pace of the game, take your time etc, get into the best position, because the enemy doesn't expect you to be there. In multiplayer, you don't seem to get that sort of surprise.

NarcissistZero
06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RNPGhost:
ATM no preorder for this game appears available for PC. Will PC gamers ONLY have access to the free Ghost Recon Online, or will we see Ghost Recon Future Soldier on PC? I think there are quite a few who'd love to see the game on PC.

There is a preorder on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-...id=1307833887&sr=1-9 (http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-Pc/dp/B0037M07UG/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1307833887&sr=1-9)

It's been there forever though and is likely just a relic from when the game was coming to PC. I am fairly certain the game is no longer coming to the PC, despite Ubisoft not even bothering to tell us.

kalenath
06-11-2011, 05:37 PM
That is Ubi's corporate policy these days. 'Keep the fans in the dark and feed then bull****.'

They probably have an entire listing in their corporate regulations on how to not to tell the truth without lying. IE, Don't say a thing.

They seem to think that the franchise name is enough to get people to buy whatever they deign to drop out their corporate rear ends.

Maybe some people WILL buy it based solely on the Ghost Recon name. I personally won't and none of my friends will either. We know better than to trust ANYTHING that Ubisoft says anymore.

RNPGhost
06-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Kalenath, I'm just wondering how many friends you actually have. I respect your view, and it has given me insight into the potential lack of support for ubisoft titles, but i think that this is your 4th or 5th post stating the same things over and over. I think we all now understand that you are not a fan of ubisoft, and I was wondering when you are planning to stop using insulting metaphors and crude language to describe a game that a) has not yet been released and b) will have a beta available some time early 2012 for those skeptics such as yourself to try.

kalenath
06-12-2011, 05:07 AM
^ *copy and paste reply in multiple threads*

Nice way to insult people.

Do you have a clue what you are talking about or are you just trying to start a flame war?

RNPGhost
06-12-2011, 07:33 AM
I was only copying and pasting in multiple threads to ensure you received my reply. I wasn't sure which thread you were watching. Point taken about the support, but you can't knock it if it's free. I'll get the beta/demo and try ghost recon online for free before i buy the game, for sure. I'm sure we can all make up our minds at that point.

kalenath
06-12-2011, 07:41 AM
But IS it?

Is anything really free these days?

You are right. I have been too negative about this. But the betrayal that they have slammed onto us hurts even worse now. They lie, they cheat, they evade the questions.

As Paladin_BS requested, I gave them another chance to show something epic at E3. They reply with...this...Ghost Recon Online...stuff...

*Sigh*

I guess I might bid this place farewell for a time. I won't be missed on these forums. The fanbois will see my departure as a victory and crow all about how epic they are. How uber they are that they forced me away.

THEY did not. Ubisoft has decided that the old school fans are unimportant. People who bought Ghost Recon titles and enjoyed them for years are unimportant now. What matters to them are their new markets, their new fans, the ones they can get for a day and lose while making money.

Maybe they will redo the original Ghost Recon with updated AI and graphics someday. But I won't hold my breath. That WOULD be epic and Ubi doesn't do epic anymore.

Its too expensive. Why would they when they can do mediocrity and make a profit?

I hope someone has fun with this drek that they are putting out now. I really do. I personally,am going to go find a REAL tactical game. Something like Ghost Recon. Because Ghost Recon is not what it was. Even the half way tactical approach of GRAW is gone now.

Now? Follow the bouncy holographic ball, boys and girls. Pull the trigger when you are told, press the button when you are told like good little gamers and you may get a prize. You don;t have to worry about losing unless you walk away from your game for ten minutes or more. Its safe and easy to play, just point and click, the game does everything for you.

If you want a challenging game, go somewhere else. I think I will do just that.

JTF_AC_Sword_
07-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mecblade:
with the news that future soldier is delayed for a bit giving more time for development, perhaps some player suggestions might be helpful?

i would personally like to see the exoskeleton to have a on board power system, which could power the electronics the ghost has. if the power runs out, then the ghost is left only with his good old gun/hand to hand combat skill.

also, the drones look really bad, improve the aesthetic appeal (lol, cute but very deadly machine XD) of them.

im bound to have some criticism but anyway....

Can I propose we do none of these things? No exoskeleton, No drones, No power meter like a robot and NO Thermocraptastic camo.

My contribution is I like the idea of satellite imaging better than drones http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

THS-RAMPAGE
10-31-2011, 10:55 PM
GOD DAMN I MISS OGR

best game ever.
nothing compares.
great tactics.
amazing clan battles.
amazing threat indicator.
Lovely modded maps.
lovely IGOR editor.
mmmmmmmmm
i miss u so much <3