PDA

View Full Version : Request Help regarding gun convergence

IZT
10-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Ok so i need to know the best convergences for machine guns and cannon convergences respectively. also should i bind button 1 n 2 together so that the guns fire with the cannon?

Also i know the convergence we set in the game is in meters but you know the identification we see while playing the game what is the distance there? it is not in terms of meters waht is it in terms of? o.1 there = how many meters? Please help. Thkz a Mil!

IZT
10-17-2004, 07:13 AM
Ok so i need to know the best convergences for machine guns and cannon convergences respectively. also should i bind button 1 n 2 together so that the guns fire with the cannon?

Also i know the convergence we set in the game is in meters but you know the identification we see while playing the game what is the distance there? it is not in terms of meters waht is it in terms of? o.1 there = how many meters? Please help. Thkz a Mil!

dieg777
10-17-2004, 07:27 AM
Start with 500m for both , practice and work down until you are happy. To start with you want to be firing ideally between 200 and 500 m. Any further away and shots are less effective and any closer and you could have problems with controlling closure. As you get better then you can set the value lower.dont bind both together as you will usually only have limited canon ammo and dont want to waste this.
0.1 is 100meters

JG52Uther
10-17-2004, 07:56 AM
I have an X45 so i have 1 button for MG,1 button for cannon,and my trigger fires both.I have covergence set to 200 m.If someone is unlucky enough to fly in my sights i let them have the lot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VW-IceFire
10-17-2004, 07:57 AM
The distance meter in-game is in KM. So 0.1 is meters. Metric is so darned simple eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'd set your convergence between 100 and 300 meters. Depends on when you feel most inclined to open fire.

I guaged my patterns and I tend to open fire at 250 meters so thats where my guns are set at. My machine guns are a bit closer.

Atomic_Marten
10-17-2004, 08:10 AM
My gun conv. is 500m. I fly Bf109's and I I find this to be good. But on the other hand you will notice gun conv. the most on the wing armed planes. The only thing different on the nose armed ones (like Bf109) is where your lead will fall when you open fire from the large distance 0.40> (but this is the point where your experience talks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif).

Then again I have some weird habit to close up 0.10-0.20 and then open fire (of course in most cases I do not have that opportunity).

I will reccomend that you set your gun con. to distances between 0.20-0.35 (200-350m) if you fly Hurricane or similar small caliber armed a/c.

However if you fly Spitfire I reccomend 500m, because you can snipe with hispanos http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif. Believe me works extremely well (you can aim at targets on distances over 0.50, which is not the case if you set gcon. on 250m for instance). In general I set gun con. for every large caliber a/c to ~500m.

horseback
10-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I've read Saburo Sakai's autobiography and he stated that he used his MGs to tell when he was in range to hit the target with his cannon (having much more MG ammo than cannon rounds). I set my MGs and cannon to the same convergence (200m most of the time), and when I see the 'broken oreos' coming off the aircraft I'm firing at with the MGs, then I let'em have it with the big guns.

With wing mounted guns, it is much more critical to wait until your target is at the convergence range. If you're flying a Yank plane with 4 or more wing mounted .50s, the kinetic power of the rounds is greater the closer you get. Again, 200m is my preferred convergence (I can't usually hit much past that range anyway).

cheers

horseback

PBNA-Boosher
10-17-2004, 03:49 PM
convergence is a personal thing. Nobody can tell you the best convergence. You have to experiment yourself to find the niche that suits you best.

Bearcat99
10-17-2004, 08:22 PM
I set mine to 200.... go into a QM with unlimmitted ammo and just see how the damage goes.. 500m is too wide. Online you will miss more than you will hit. That may be good for Fighter Ace but it wont cut it in FB.

WTE_Galway
10-17-2004, 08:42 PM
set convergence to the range you like to fire from

I set cannon a bit closer in as i like to use the mg to line up the shot (using rudder to get the tracer straight) then bring in the cannon as i close in