PDA

View Full Version : Palazzo content (not sure if I have it or not)

wordwasgod
11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Is there away to know if the Palazzo Medici content was unlocked?

No icon is showing up on my maps and there is no exclusive content file on my 360 Hard Drive.

I have been to the exterior of the building but there is no way to get in.

Tetsou88
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by wordwasgod:
Is there away to know if the Palazzo Medici content was unlocked?

No icon is showing up on my maps and there is no exclusive content file on my 360 Hard Drive.

I have been to the exterior of the building but there is no way to get in.

Have you put the code in?

When I put in my code on the main menu it told me that it was unlocked.

Also, as for the fact its not showing up on your HDD thats because the map is built into the game, and its only unlocked with the code.
Which means you technically have all 3 exclusive maps, its just you need the codes to unlock them.

I believe I stumbled upon the door that you have to use along the outside wall. At the time it told me that the door was unavailable for this memory and to come back later. I have yet to return to said door.

If anything put the code in again and see what it says.

wordwasgod
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
My concern is when I entered the code, I did not yet have a saved game file (the instructions said to enter the code at the menu screen).

Afterward when I check my hard drive, I expected to see a AC2 profile but nothing was there.

Now when I enter the code I am told it was already used.

What I don't understand is if there was no profile created and nothing was saved how would AC2 know it was unlocked?

wordwasgod
11-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tetsou88:
I believe I stumbled upon the door that you have to use along the outside wall. At the time it told me that the door was unavailable for this memory and to come back later. I have yet to return to said door.
Can this be used as an indication that the code went through?

If the door is lighten up but not yet usable

Tetsou88
11-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Okay, I finally got into it.

Here's how it worked for me(PS3 version but should be the same)

Right when I got the game I put it in and put in the code, I was told then that the Palazzo was added and the code worked.

I stumbled upon the door several times during my playtime but was told to come back later.

It wasn't until I think memory block 4 or 5, in which you finally meet Medici and then time fast forwards that you actually get to enter it. I think the year is 1478, although I'm not sure.
It'll show up on your map with an icon saying "Templar Lair" and you're told you need to finish it to get 100% synchronization.

wordwasgod
11-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Thank you for your help.

Do you know if there is away to tell if the Palazzo content was successfully installed prior to memory block 4?

Like I have said, I did not have a save file prior to the unlocking of the content and AC2 apparently did not save after I entered the code.

So how would AC2 know that the content is unlocked if nothing was saved to the system?

Tetsou88
11-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Thank you for your help.

Do you know if there is away to tell if the Palazzo content was successfully installed prior to memory block 4?

Like I have said, I did not have a save file prior to the unlocking of the content and AC2 apparently did not save after I entered the code.

So how would AC2 know that the content is unlocked if nothing was saved to the system?

I was going to say it should still be there even if you didn't have a save file, but I just remembered I had an install file(for the main game) when I had put the code in.

Although I believe that the code is saved with your PSN/Gamertag ID. I'm unsure of this though. I guess the only way for you to really find out if it works is get the memory block I mentioned.

wordwasgod
11-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Tetsou88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wordwasgod:
Thank you for your help.

I was going to say it should still be there even if you didn't have a save file, but I just remembered I had an install file(for the main game) when I had put the code in.

Although I believe that the code is saved with your PSN/Gamertag ID. I'm unsure of this though. I guess the only way for you to really find out if it works is get the memory block I mentioned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah I noticed that it said it was per gamertag. Which makes me think it is connected to my gamertag.

I just don't understand how AC2 would know its unlocked unless the "unlocking" was saved somewhere.

wordwasgod
11-18-2009, 08:13 AM
When the door to the Palazzo says, "unavailable for this memory at this time". Can that be used as an indicator that the exclusive content has been properly unlocked?
Or does it say that for every version of the game?

Tetsou88
11-18-2009, 08:49 AM
When the door to the Palazzo says, "unavailable for this memory at this time". Can that be used as an indicator that the exclusive content has been properly unlocked?
Or does it say that for every version of the game?

I guess the best way to find out is to find someone who doesn't have the map and have them go to the exact spot where the door is.

How far are you in the game?

wordwasgod
11-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I think I just unlocked it!
Is the Palazzo Medici content marked as "Templar Lair" on the map?

Outlawx
11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I think I just unlocked it!
Is the Palazzo Medici content marked as "Templar Lair" on the map?

Yes.