PDA

View Full Version : Still no replay ++...Why?

TreFacTor
12-26-2010, 05:03 PM
There are very few things that I don't like about the AC games. They are not major by any stretch of the imagination, but one thing that IRRITATES THE HELL OUT OF ME, is that there is still no REPLAY PLUS feature. I remember seeing a petition for this feature in AC II, why hasn't this been added to the game?

I'm almost to 100% completion (already completed the game), and am missing 7 flags all in secret locations (BTW, I think it was a complete ****** move to put any flags in secret locations without having maps, and also the chase sequences really hinder your ability to do any scavenging), and 1 treasure stuck in the castle...now the majority of the fanboys will holler that "you can replay memory sequences and pick up what ever you missed"...hmm really? Well tell me how to get the last treasure I'm missing from inside the castle.... I've replayed any sequences dealing with the castle, and after completing that portion of the memory, I'm kicked back to the animus!!!! The other sections of the castle are cut off. Their always cut off. WTF!

Then there is the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do in the single player portion of the game (yeah there is multiplayer, but I'm not a competitive multiplayer person, I prefer co operative play less A-holes and people that will do anything to win) once you have completed a run through 100%. Many of you will say that you can always start a new game...hmm, well it was tedious enough to get 100% the first time, and it's hardly enjoyable to do it again. This is why this game badly needs a replay plus feature. At least give us the ability to play through the game again without having to complete the gathering tasks and let us keep our unlockables. Who wants collect 110 flags a second time... I did it twice in AC, and it's one of the reasons I never played the game a third time. I don't mind the fact that skills and weaponry are story related and awarded as you progress through the game, but the other stuff should be cumulative through multiple play throughs.

I can play through the story as Raiden if I know before I start the game that I can get it through VR training... but what about playing through as Desmond... I can't play through the story with him at all until sequence 8 is completed 100%, and even then I have to pick a 5 minute section at a time. Why auto boot to the animus? Why not continue the story from whatever section we select like AC1.

Sorry for the rant, but this is one of my favorite series, and for it to have these little annoyances make me bang my head against the wall!

Ass4ssin8me
12-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TreFacTor:
There are very few things that I don't like about the AC games. They are not major by any stretch of the imagination, but one thing that IRRITATES THE HELL OUT OF ME, is that there is still no REPLAY PLUS feature. I remember seeing a petition for this feature in AC II, why hasn't this been added to the game?

I'm almost to 100% completion (already completed the game), and am missing 7 flags all in secret locations (BTW, I think it was a complete ****** move to put any flags in secret locations without having maps, and also the chase sequences really hinder your ability to do any scavenging), and 1 treasure stuck in the castle...now the majority of the fanboys will holler that "you can replay memory sequences and pick up what ever you missed"...hmm really? Well tell me how to get the last treasure I'm missing from inside the castle.... I've replayed any sequences dealing with the castle, and after completing that portion of the memory, I'm kicked back to the animus!!!! The other sections of the castle are cut off. Their always cut off. WTF!

Then there is the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do in the single player portion of the game (yeah there is multiplayer, but I'm not a competitive multiplayer person, I prefer co operative play less A-holes and people that will do anything to win). Many of you will say that you can always start a new game...hmm, well it was tedious enough to get 100% the first time, and it's hardly enjoyable to do it again. This is why this game badly needs a replay plus feature. At least give us the ability to play through the game again without having to complete the gathering tasks and let us keep our unlockables. Who wants collect 110 flags a second time... I did it twice in AC, and it's one of the reasons I never played the game a third time. I don't mind the fact that skills and weaponry are story related and awarded as you progress through the game, but the other stuff should be cumulative through multiple play throughs.

I can play through the story as Raiden if I know before I start the game that I can get it through VR training... but what about playing through as Desmond... I can't play through the story with him at all until sequence 8 is completed 100%, and even then I have to pick a 5 minute section at a time. Why auto boot to the animus? Why not continue the story from whatever section we select like AC1.

Sorry for the rant, but this is one of my favorite series, and for it to have these little annoyances make me bang my head against the wall!

I understand your frustration, however Ubi must have their reasons. Wait and see what happens. It is just a game after all. ( However quite an awesome one)

TreFacTor
12-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
I understand your frustration, however Ubi must have their reasons. Wait and see what happens. It is just a game after all. ( However quite an awesome one) nothing is going to happen...I think UBI gets their rocks off from these types of annoyances.

~_~_~_~_
EDIT
~_~_~_~_

I found that one last treasure....and why is it placed near a leap of faith spot when your told to ESCAPE from the castle???

Millhouse3rd
12-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
It is just a game after all.

Someday, I'm gonna invent a device that allows you to falcon-punch people on the balls, across the internet, and then I'll become a billionaire for that and they'll give me a Nobel Prize for awesomeness.

Abeonis
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
@OP: You are aware that if you unlock something during a memory replay, it stays in your inventory, aren't you? What exactly is the issue here...

TreFacTor
12-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
@OP: You are aware that if you unlock something during a memory replay, it stays in your inventory, aren't you? What exactly is the issue here... You can't play through the game again from start to finish without starting a new game. That is the issue. Being able to replay a mission is ok if your riding on the special bus, but once you end the game, if you start a new game you loose everything. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as when you replay a mission from the dna, you have everything including any and all assassin recruits....why not simply a new game + feature.

And actually if you want to be 100% correct, if you enter a memory before you get the double hidden blade, you won't have it in that memory.

Inorganic9_2
12-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Because collecting flags isn't that bad with maps and starting a game with 12 recruits at assassino rank would be boring.

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Because collecting flags isn't that bad with maps and starting a game with 12 recruits at assassino rank would be boring. The assassins aren't necessarily equipment, and are like thieves, mercs or ******s. I wasn't saying you should be able to continue the game having unlocked all story related missions, just the weapons, health, outfits, and cheats. That's how the replay plus feature is usually implemented in games.... Take for instance the recent Red Dead Redemption, you can replay any mission in that game in order to gain a more favorable score in their social club leader board, but you can start a new game having unlocked all the weapons minus the lasso, outfits and mounts (albeit through cheat codes that are awarded from your first play through). You still get to play through the entire story from start to finish with "help" without having to do all of the extensive time consuming grinding you needed to do in your first play through. What's worse, is that the cheats in Brotherhood can only be used during memory replays, not a new game, and even to be able to obtain the cheat and activate it, you have to have first obtained 100% sync for that memory...This is like the worst thing I've ever seen in a video game.... it's like taking a test, getting 100% and then being given the answer sheet afterwards...what's the point.

And I have to disagree....finding the feathers and flags is one of the most tedious tasks ever in any game in my opinion. I hate the easter egg hunt features in games!

ZCherub
12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
I understand your frustration, however Ubi must have their reasons. Wait and see what happens. It is just a game after all. ( However quite an awesome one) nothing is going to happen...I think UBI gets their rocks off from these types of annoyances.

~_~_~_~_
EDIT
~_~_~_~_

I found that one last treasure....and why is it placed near a leap of faith spot when your told to ESCAPE from the castle??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol @ you. Ubi "gets their rocks off" by making money. They're a for-profit company. I had no trouble w/ flags or treasures *shrug*

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ZCherub:
Lol @ you. Ubi "gets their rocks off" by making money. They're a for-profit company. I had no trouble w/ flags or treasures *shrug* Having to do it more than once is a nuisance. Sorta like having to explain the punchline to a joke.

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 12:55 PM
You can still get into the castle, I've played around in there a lot, it was a difficult climb and I had to employ some advanced climbing methods.

The DNA strand will show you which secret locations have flags in them and how many you are missing. One of the locations is not the one you might initially think it is. I believe the first Romulus follower lair is where three of the flags are but the DNA leads you to believe it's the Templar Lair where you chase the Guard. The flags not being on the map is nice, too many games hand everything to you and with so many people complaining about how easy the game is I think it's funny that someone else is complaining about it basically being too hard.

I have played with Altair, Raiden and Desmond in many missions, maybe not with Desmond prior to sequence 8 but it's not that big a deal, Raiden sucks anyway, so does Desmond.

I spent my replay time in AC2 perfecting my combat, improving killing guards mid way through free run routes, all high speed killing.
Try leaving some Borgia towers open next play through, it gives the city a whole different attitude than when you clear it all out.

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
You can still get into the castle, I've played around in there a lot, it was a difficult climb and I had to employ some advanced climbing methods.

The DNA strand will show you which secret locations have flags in them and how many you are missing. One of the locations is not the one you might initially think it is. I believe the first Romulus follower lair is where three of the flags are but the DNA leads you to believe it's the Templar Lair where you chase the Guard. The flags not being on the map is nice, too many games hand everything to you and with so many people complaining about how easy the game is I think it's funny that someone else is complaining about it basically being too hard.

I have played with Altair, Raiden and Desmond in many missions, maybe not with Desmond prior to sequence 8 but it's not that big a deal, Raiden sucks anyway, so does Desmond.

I spent my replay time in AC2 perfecting my combat, improving killing guards mid way through free run routes, all high speed killing.
Try leaving some Borgia towers open next play through, it gives the city a whole different attitude than when you clear it all out. I never said the game was "too hard", that's the farthest thing from the truth. What I said was that obtaining the outfits and weapons was tedious....not hard. And I think having all of those outfits unlocked but unusable through a fresh play through is a waste.

BTW...you cannot get into the interior of the castle other than in missions...climbing on to the top doesn't count, neither does the leap of faith escape route when chasing Ceasar.

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm almost to 100% completion (already completed the game), and am missing 7 flags all in secret locations (BTW, I think it was a complete ****** move to put any flags in secret locations without having maps, and also the chase sequences really hinder your ability to do any scavenging),

^ What you said above can easily be taken to mean 'too difficult' but if that's not the case, fine, no sweat off my sack.

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TreFacTor:

I'm almost to 100% completion (already completed the game), and am missing 7 flags all in secret locations (BTW, I think it was a complete ****** move to put any flags in secret locations without having maps, and also the chase sequences really hinder your ability to do any scavenging),

^ What you said above can easily be taken to mean 'too difficult' but if that's not the case, fine, no sweat off my sack. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It was a supportive point of reference, but I can see how people with selective reading would come to that conclusion.

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
It WAS a supportive point of reference, to the fact that you are moaning about the game being too difficult.
If you don't want to spend the time required to go back and search for items you should find a different game.

And you can get into the interior of the Castle. You believe that YOUR search was thorough but all it's identified to me is that you cite assumptive conclusions as fact and therefore are not a worthy source of information and your comments should be taken as opinion and nothing more.

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 03:23 PM
It WAS a supportive point of reference, to the fact that you are moaning about the game being too difficult.
If you don't want to spend the time required to go back and search for items you should find a different game.

And you can get into the interior of the Castle. You believe that YOUR search was thorough but all it's identified to me is that you cite assumptive conclusions as fact and therefore are not a worthy source of information and your comments should be taken as opinion and nothing more. Where ohhh where did I ever say the game was too difficult?

AS far as my comments taken as opinion...umm that was the point, so umm...yeah. I would like to see how you get into the castle after you have completed the story without replaying memories (no video no proof). So right back at ya with "your comments should be taken as opinion and nothing more". I'm rubber your glue.... Last tag...shoe tag...nuff said...real talk.

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:

And you can get into the interior of the Castle. You believe that YOUR search was thorough but all it's identified to me is that you cite assumptive conclusions as fact and therefore are not a worthy source of information and your comments should be taken as opinion and nothing more. Where ohhh where did I ever say the game was too difficult?

AS far as my comments taken as opinion...umm that was the point, so umm...yeah. I would like to see how you get into the castle after you have completed the story without replaying memories (no video no proof). So right back at ya with "your comments should be taken as opinion and nothing more". I'm rubber your glue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I intially responded to this thread in effort to assist you, I told you about the Secret Flag locations in the DNA strand and told you that you could get into the castle again, which is fact, I completed the story, then completed 100% sync THEN went back and got all the treasures and flags.
I had every intention of helping you get into the castle but you've made it clear that the point of this thread is for you to verify your ignorance by engaging greater intellects in written argument. Which is fine but I have a lot of demands on my time and waiting 30 minutes for you to respond every time while you go off and consult your dictionary in a feeble attempt to come back at me with some intellectual dialogue is a waste of my time.
The evidence is in your recorded statements, your initial complaint was about the developers not including a map for ever single item in the game (among other things), thereby not making it easy enough for you.

And just to help you out a little bit more, the flags that are in the secret locations that you "don't have time to scavenge for" don't require time to scavenge for them. For example, when you're chasing the dude who resembles the doctor in one of the Romulus lairs on horseback, one of the flags is above you, you jump up off of the horse mid chase grab the flag run through the ledge/plateau/grill floor and then jump back down on to your horse as it comes through underneath you, continuing the chase scene, no slow down, no need for scavenging.

DannyStrong
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
why would you want to replay the game as if you made a new game but not actually make a new game. What would the advantage of that be?

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 03:32 PM
I intially responded to this thread in effort to assist you, I told you about the Secret Flag locations in the DNA strand and told you that you could get into the castle again, which is fact, I completed the story, then completed 100% sync THEN went back and got all the treasures and flags.
I had every intention of helping you get into the castle but you've made it clear that the point of this thread is for you to verify your ignorance by engaging greater intellects in written argument. Which is fine but I have a lot of demands on my time and waiting 30 minutes for you to respond every time while you go off and consult your dictionary in a feeble attempt to come back at me with come intellectual dialogue is a waste of my time.
The evidence is in your recorded statements, your initial complaint was about the developers not including a map for ever single item in the game, thereby not making it easy enough for you. This wasn't a help thread, I'm well aware of how to get the treasures, maps, items for sell etc. You clearly are full of yourself... not only do I not need your assistance, I never asked for it, and your insults (however cleverly typed) are unwarranted. Go bother someone else.

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Agreed, it was a moan thread designed to elicit responders for you to banter with in an immature fashion.
You do need help but not the kind that can be dispensed over a forum.

Try the multi player, you're missing a lot. I'm a huge fan of the series and the MP has an addiction level greater even than the SP.

I suppose I could always go and bother Joe...

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Agreed, it was a moan thread designed to elicit responders for you to banter with in an immature fashion.
You do need help but not the kind that can be dispensed over a forum. Your right, your always right, and you'll always be right.

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmanssorrow:
You do need help but not the kind that can be dispensed over a forum. Your right, your always right, and you'll always be right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's 'you're'.
I know, the fact that you do too now show's you're undergoing some positive personal evolution. Okay in truth, I'm actually half left, not all right.

MP? I've got the box.

TreFacTor
12-27-2010, 04:55 PM

It's 'you're'.
I know, the fact that you do too now show's you're undergoing some positive personal evolution. Okay in truth, I'm actually half left, not all right.

MP? I've got the box. While I am humbled by your invitation, to one as lowly as myself, I prefer to have friends who are either my equal or lower, that way they can't look down their nose at me. I'm afraid your superiority eliminates you from contention but thanks all the same.