PDA

View Full Version : Merged Installation Help/Questions

JV-44
03-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I have some questions that hopefully someone much smarter than me can answer.

After playing both games separately since their individual inceptions, I have decided to take the plunge and merge them because word is that only €œmerged€ players get all the hot chicks and the keys to the bathroom.

Anyway here goes:

1. Once I uninstall, clean the registry and reinstall FB/AEP/PF and patch everything, in the correct order, to version 4.04m, is there anyway to carry over the individual careers from my previous stand-alone FB/AEP version 2.04 and my stand-alone PF version 4.04?
2. If it can be done, exactly which files and/or folders do I need to carry over from the individual stand-alone versions to the merged version?
3. Which rts.dll does the merged version of FB/AEP/PF use?
4. Which CD do you need to use to play the merged version?
5. Is there anyway that I can install a merged version of the game on a different hard drive than the separate stand-alone versions. I tried, but the option to €œinstall€ is grayed-out on the FB disks. I am assuming this is because the game has already been installed once.

Thanks for the help.

Semper Fi
Nick

JV-44
03-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I have some questions that hopefully someone much smarter than me can answer.

After playing both games separately since their individual inceptions, I have decided to take the plunge and merge them because word is that only €œmerged€ players get all the hot chicks and the keys to the bathroom.

Anyway here goes:

1. Once I uninstall, clean the registry and reinstall FB/AEP/PF and patch everything, in the correct order, to version 4.04m, is there anyway to carry over the individual careers from my previous stand-alone FB/AEP version 2.04 and my stand-alone PF version 4.04?
2. If it can be done, exactly which files and/or folders do I need to carry over from the individual stand-alone versions to the merged version?
3. Which rts.dll does the merged version of FB/AEP/PF use?
4. Which CD do you need to use to play the merged version?
5. Is there anyway that I can install a merged version of the game on a different hard drive than the separate stand-alone versions. I tried, but the option to €œinstall€ is grayed-out on the FB disks. I am assuming this is because the game has already been installed once.

Thanks for the help.

Semper Fi
Nick

steve_v
03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
1. Don't think thats possible, but not sure.
3. The one PF installs
4. PF disc 2
6. http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/multivers.htm

JV-44
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks Steve. I will give it a shot.

Skycat_2
03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm sure you have good reason unto yourself to uninstall everything (and clean the registry, etc.) but since PF merged intalls to your FB+AEP directory why not give it a go to just install 'as is'? That way you can keep your campaigns already in progress.

I think.

At least I didn't have any problems when I installed PF over my 'broken in' FB/AEP setup. You might even find a way to transport your current PF careers because 'standalone' PF has its own folder and won't be eradicated by the merged install. You can even uninstall it separately without affecting FB+AEP+PF.

JV-44
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Skycat,

Hold on...

It works.

Thanks again brother.

Semper Fi