PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of Britain Why not Battle for Europe?

buckrodgers1967
12-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Have been reading in this forum that the next game in the series could be set during the Battle of Britain. Does this mean that we will only get aircraft from 1940? I think the next game should have as many aircraft from the 1939 to 1945 era in as possible. Most of the fighters have already be modelled ie Spitfire, Me 109 Fw 190, Mustang and Thunderbolt etc. Would love to see an Oleg Maddox modelled Mosquito FB Vi and maybe even a Westland Whirlwind! What do you lot thimk?

buckrodgers1967
12-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Have been reading in this forum that the next game in the series could be set during the Battle of Britain. Does this mean that we will only get aircraft from 1940? I think the next game should have as many aircraft from the 1939 to 1945 era in as possible. Most of the fighters have already be modelled ie Spitfire, Me 109 Fw 190, Mustang and Thunderbolt etc. Would love to see an Oleg Maddox modelled Mosquito FB Vi and maybe even a Westland Whirlwind! What do you lot thimk?

NorrisMcWhirter
12-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi,

Like the original Il-2, I think BoB will just be a springboard for the new game engine; we'll get the <= 1940 planes first then, Oleg and people shelling out spodulas willing, we'll see the plane set expand.

Cheers,
Norris

Udidtoo
12-02-2004, 01:08 PM
I would truly love to see them start the game off from Day 1 Polish border and Blitzkrieg. progressing through to the battle for the Low Countries, BoB,then adding the new plane sets as the war front expanded and progressed......sigh,,, wishful thinking.

Sky Eagle
12-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Is there a link too a site of it ?
Or are there any screenshots already??

_VR_ScorpionWorm
12-02-2004, 01:46 PM
"I would truly love to see them start the game off from Day 1 Polish border and Blitzkrieg. progressing through to the battle for the Low Countries, BoB,then adding the new plane sets as the war front expanded and progressed......sigh,,, wishful thinking. "

See here: http://www.9-1939.pl/

Capt._Tenneal
12-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Patience, my young Padawan...

The Battle of Britain will be the first game in a new flight sim engine Oleg & Co. are developing. Once they iron out the kinks, the Med, Eastern Front, Strategic Bombing 1943-45, and Pacific will soon follow (keeping fingers crossed).

Athosd
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt._Tenneal:
Patience, my young Padawan...

The Battle of Britain will be the first game in a new flight sim engine Oleg & Co. are developing. Once they iron out the kinks, the Med, Eastern Front, Strategic Bombing 1943-45, and Pacific will soon follow (keeping fingers crossed). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the Poland 1939 and Battle of France expansions are already in planning.

The level of detail planned for the aircraft and environments would be nearly impossible to apply across a large planeset right from the start. BoB will still have quite a few types in it though.

Chuck_Older
12-02-2004, 05:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buckrodgers1967:
Have been reading in this forum that the next game in the series could be set during the Battle of Britain. Does this mean that we will only get aircraft from 1940? I think the next game should have as many aircraft from the 1939 to 1945 era in as possible. Most of the fighters have already be modelled ie Spitfire, Me 109 Fw 190, Mustang and Thunderbolt etc. Would love to see an Oleg Maddox modelled Mosquito FB Vi and maybe even a Westland Whirlwind! What do you lot thimk? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1C:Maddox is working on a sim, "Battle of Britain". It is often called "BoB" here.

A couple of members here have made a campaign called "Battle Over Britain" for FB. It is excellent. It is usually called "BoverB" to avoid confusion with "BoB", but not always.

Battle of Britain from 1C:Maddox will not be an add-on to FB. It will use an entirely new engine.

Don't confuse talk of the FB campaign Battle over Britain with Battle of Britain. BoverB is for FB, BoB isn't

WTE_Dukayn
12-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Considering IL-2:FB + AEP + PF started out as just plain old IL-2, I wouldn't be too hesitant to say BoB won't just stay as BoB.

And really, doesn't FB provide plenty of battles over Europe?

Bo_Nidle
12-02-2004, 06:08 PM
While I do look forward to the BoB I can't help wishing that Oleg and his team would go for a Korean War expansion.

A lot of the aircraft are already here,perhaps minor modding to the flight models etc but I would love to bring in a Panther or Banshee onto an aircraft carrier or dogfight over the Yalu river in my F-86.

Maybe Oleg could sell off the old game engine to another developer to do this?

I will definitely be buying the BoB I just hope that they finally get the Merlins to sound right!

Chuck_Older
12-02-2004, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WTE_Dukayn:
Considering IL-2:FB + AEP + PF started out as just plain old IL-2, I wouldn't be too hesitant to say BoB won't just stay as BoB.

And really, doesn't FB provide plenty of battles over Europe? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, BoB won't just stay BoB, it has been hinted that it might just encompass much more of WWII in the air than we have even now, eventually.

But my point is: BoB is not an upcoming add-on to FB, far from it. Much like FB was not an add-on to the orginal Il2

WTE_Dukayn
12-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah I knew that much already. Was just responding to the original question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Fennec_P
12-02-2004, 07:07 PM
You used to be able to find BoB pics in the development updates (model WIP mostly), but they seem to be gone now.

Snootles
12-02-2004, 07:24 PM
This might actually be the way to go- modelling a specific segment of the air war in exact detail and expanding the scope from there. As opposed to the Il-2/FB/PF approach- modelling an entire theatre in moderate detail and adding more detail from there.

csThor
12-02-2004, 11:10 PM
BoB will be limited to 1940 as the game engine and a lot of detail solutions will be brandnew. In software industry brandnew usually means sometimes problematic and so the limited timeframe and -scope allows Maddox Games to go for a minimum of bugs, a maximum of details without having to put too much effort into adding loads of planes.

Of course if things go right then BoB will just be the fundament for further enhancements (Poland Campaign, Attack on France as mentioned, possibly Channel Combat 41/42 to name a few).

Barracus0411
12-03-2004, 02:02 AM
There is a Battle over Europe add on for FB (in the UK at least) relessed by Just Flight. It covers the Western Front May 1944 to May 1945.

Where could I get hold of the aforementioned Battle over Britain campaign?