PDA

View Full Version : Sonar, and wind

GrinderX9
04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Just wondering, how do you use the sonar manualy?
I have removed the sonar man, and tryed to clik on the sonar, ande the erea around, but havent found the spoot, but it is posible isent it? I read on this forum that you can man every station youself, is this true, until two min agou I only belived that the stations you got on your left side menu was the only one you could use.
And whats the strongest wind in the game, until now the strongest wind I have seen is 15, is that the strongest?

GrinderX9
04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Just wondering, how do you use the sonar manualy?
I have removed the sonar man, and tryed to clik on the sonar, ande the erea around, but havent found the spoot, but it is posible isent it? I read on this forum that you can man every station youself, is this true, until two min agou I only belived that the stations you got on your left side menu was the only one you could use.
And whats the strongest wind in the game, until now the strongest wind I have seen is 15, is that the strongest?

quillan
04-07-2005, 09:59 AM
You man the sonar station by either clicking the shortcuts to the radio/sonar room, and right clicking on the sonar man, or by just right clicking on the sonar officer down at the bottom. To use it, forget the wheel at the bottom. Just click on the big circle with the pointer, to move the pointer to that spot. Clicking at the top of the volume knob raises the volume level, while clicking at the bottom of the knob lowers it. If there is anything to hear, you can isolate its bearing by moving the pointer back and forth until its at the loudest point. If it's within 10-20 km, depending on conditions, it can be classified. So, when the pointer is in the right direction, you'll see something appear on the notepad in the upper right. Usually it will say MERCHANT, WARSHIP, or UNKNOWN, and you can hit the arrow near that to change it. Once you decide which it is, click the check down at the bottom, and it will be called as a contact if it wasn't showing already.

GrinderX9
04-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GrinderX9
04-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Eny one on the wind thing? only wonted to know if there is big storms in the game.

BaneSixEcho
04-07-2005, 02:26 PM
15 meters/second is the strongest I've seen so far.

The wind can make some crazy waves. During one patrol I had a hard time maintaining any speed on the surface because waves would crash over the boat and the crew would shut the diesels down every time that happened.

Fraukaputt
04-09-2005, 08:20 AM
that's how pasive sonar works. Active sonar doesnt works no matter the sub you use (7C,21..), the ping you bought (gerat, nibelung), your deep, the operator quality... The sende button is not sowing, is only a litte darkness below SENDE word, and you click it, and nothing, no ping sound, no ping echoe, no message from operator... Plz, can someone tell me if is a trouble of my SH3 or is another bug of the endless list?
Btw, the strongest wind i saw was 17, between ireland and england, the sub moved like disco music :-P

reumatiib
04-09-2005, 10:41 AM
the engines shut off because the air intake for the engines is covered with water and the safety valve that keeps water from flooding the engine chokes off the air to the engines.

reumatiib
04-09-2005, 10:47 AM
diesels also have to have exhaust outlets that are free and unimpeeded from water. Otherwise the whole crew would die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.