PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith TAB Book... Coming Soon?

Solid_Hesco
10-30-2011, 10:12 AM
I am new to the guitar world, but not totally green... I wanted to know if there was going to be a book of TAB's to accompany the songs in the software... I ask because it is near impossible to figure out the most economic and efficient way to place your fingers on the fretboard (i.e. load the strings)... Love the game, love to practice, but there needs to be amplifying data.

VTEC8400
10-30-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree, it would be helpful for beginners to have some idea of finger placement, but TAB books generally do not include help with this either so not sure if that's going to help you.

I considered tabbing out some songs in the game myself because I know I can't memorize them all for master mode. Cheating, I know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Solid_Hesco
10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
LOL... I already TAB'd out a few songs watching YouTube... It would just be nice if it was done already... Knowing/seeing the TAB's would be like "peeking ahead"... Heaven knows that is the only way I learned Malaguena.

r1chard34
10-30-2011, 11:45 AM
If they made a Rocksmith Tab book I'd buy one.

Solid_Hesco
10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
ME TO !!!!!!!!!!

mijodo
10-30-2011, 02:23 PM
This would be a great addition to an already great game!

Funk-n-Stein
10-30-2011, 02:40 PM
I ask because it is near impossible to figure out the most economic and efficient way to place your fingers on the fretboard (i.e. load the strings)...

The thicker yellow bars on the fretboard at the bottom do a pretty good job of showing you where your fingers should be. Better than tab would do for sure.

Solid_Hesco
10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks, I will be sure to take a look at that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I like looking at TAB's (I am a geek) and trying to determine what "Position" the majority of the song is in... Thanks again!

franckonfire
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
go to ultimate-guitar.com and type the song name in the search area. you will have all the tab you want and with different versions.

ps: some will require guitarpro but others will require an other software wich is free. but most of populars songs can be seen directly on the website

KYHighlander
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
I will recommend Guitar Pro. It is very good and there are a ton of tabs. In the process of grabbing the tabs for the songs in here now.

izatso
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm new to Rocksmith but not to the guitar. I got it for Christmas and think it is the best gift ever. I think it would be a great idea to have a Rocksmith Book with music and tab. I play guitar and read music and tab. Rocksmith is a great help to learn the correct execution and rhythm of the songs they include. To read the music helps to understand the music theory that goes into the songs you are learning to play and increases your versatility as a musician. In my opinion, it takes your playing to a new level. I have music to some of the songs, but it would be great to have them all in one or two volumes.:)

shihdo
12-30-2012, 10:41 PM
I will recommend Guitar Pro. It is very good and there are a ton of tabs. In the process of grabbing the tabs for the songs in here now.

+1 for that got gp5 a while back and used it a lot before i got rocksmith, still use it now but with better understanding since rocksmith came out.

RokDog007
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
go to Main Menu
click on "Options"
click on "Game Settings"
click on "String Display"
clickon "Inverted" .........to have the game displayed in a more tradional "Tab" manner instead of "Standard" NoteWay

Boesenmusic
12-30-2012, 11:25 PM
I really think a TAB book would be useful , even if it is for just the songs that come with the intial purchase. It would be nice to have the tab book to refer too when I am using my In game amp trying to memorize a song for master mode. Just a reference, so I don't have to go back replay the whole song or reload the riff repeater...just look at the TAB and go "yes, Got it" or S#&T try again".

mbarsott
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM

If you prefer a free product that still has a good quality, try Tux Guitar. It read all Guitar Pro tabs. I've been using it for a long time and have nothing but praises for it.

leosong2
12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
If you prefer a free product that still has a good quality, try Tux Guitar. It read all Guitar Pro tabs. I've been using it for a long time and have nothing but praises for it.

+1 for Tux Guitar. I also use TabToolkit on iPad, which is a nice product reads all kinds of tab formats, and it can sync with my Mac.

Bluezman64
12-31-2012, 12:07 AM

I have both Guitar Pro 6 and Tux Guitar. I use Pro more, since the TABs are easier to find online. I usually go to ultimate-guitar and see if someone has already made a TAB, download it, then go in and change it (if needed) to match the in-game notation. On We Three Kings, I couldn't find one, so I made it from scratch. It's tedious, but I find it does help with my understanding of the song.

Dizzyg12
12-31-2012, 02:50 AM
I'd gladly pay an extra $.50/song on dlc to get a tab version of it. Doesn't have to be a separate book. Just keep it in game and charge extra for a version of it which includes the tab sheet and gets stored an separate menu.

TonyFarkas
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
I'd gladly pay an extra $.50/song on dlc to get a tab version of it. Doesn't have to be a separate book. Just keep it in game and charge extra for a version of it which includes the tab sheet and gets stored an separate menu.

count me in on that. put a song tab explorer/viewer section into the game. Some times I find it easier to learn hard section by writing down the tab on a notebook.