PDA

View Full Version : Patch Works perfectly stop whinning

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 05:32 AM
Downloaded it, unzipped it into game folder, (much like America's Army). Had the problem with registry, read forum, renamed folders, and presto. 1.01b, works great. Sounds way better, less problems of crackling sometimes, little extras all over the place like the dust kicked up on the ground, more FPS (+4 or 5) planes feel more realistic,HE-111 sounds way better and feels a little more powerfull, exterior view audio of guns firing sounds cheesy still but over all patched worked great, cant't wait for some new planes and campaigns to fly.

Feel sorry for all you people that had problems, this way of patching where you just over write the files is much better than installing, believe me a least you know what you are changing. I always have two drives, one with games and one with just XP, once I've installed my games they stay then reinstall XP on the second drive without all the crap in the startup files and it runs faster. If you sector the game drive with up to four or five pieces than have your best games on each alone and perfectly defragged then performance is way better. Your XP drive has at least 10 G of virtual drive, I use a 10,000 RPM drive for that, and things run so smooth. Gotto to have at lest 512 ram and DDR ram at that. If you organize your games instead of always installing them your computer is way faster.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 05:32 AM
Downloaded it, unzipped it into game folder, (much like America's Army). Had the problem with registry, read forum, renamed folders, and presto. 1.01b, works great. Sounds way better, less problems of crackling sometimes, little extras all over the place like the dust kicked up on the ground, more FPS (+4 or 5) planes feel more realistic,HE-111 sounds way better and feels a little more powerfull, exterior view audio of guns firing sounds cheesy still but over all patched worked great, cant't wait for some new planes and campaigns to fly.

Feel sorry for all you people that had problems, this way of patching where you just over write the files is much better than installing, believe me a least you know what you are changing. I always have two drives, one with games and one with just XP, once I've installed my games they stay then reinstall XP on the second drive without all the crap in the startup files and it runs faster. If you sector the game drive with up to four or five pieces than have your best games on each alone and perfectly defragged then performance is way better. Your XP drive has at least 10 G of virtual drive, I use a 10,000 RPM drive for that, and things run so smooth. Gotto to have at lest 512 ram and DDR ram at that. If you organize your games instead of always installing them your computer is way faster.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:06 AM
BTW army boy, it is not 1.01b, it is 1.1b. Presto!

Cheers,

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">

JagdMailer </font>

http://www.jagdmail.com/img/buttons/229x76_2.gif (http://www.jagdmail.com/index.htm)
</p>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">www.jagdmail.com (http://www.jagdmail.com/index.htm)

Get your email address at one of 225+ domain names based on WWII Luftwaffe most prestigious units!</font>

</p>

<font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><a href="https://commerce.apexmail.net/jagdmail/affiliate/join.htm"target="_blank">WW2 sites webmasters, join our referral program!</a</p>

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 07:10 AM
Define "way".

I love the patch so far as far as the modelling and fixes go but they borked it on the sound issue. The game picked up some frames with the patch so I can live with the sound "bug" for a bit, I'm sure they'll be all over that one at least for the 1.2 patch.

Glad everything works for you but I guarantee you would see more performance from 1 gig of ram than all of your harddisk optimizations.

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 07:50 AM
-- Downloaded it, unzipped it into game folder, (much like
-- America's Army). Had the problem with registry, read
-- forum, renamed folders, and presto. 1.01b, works great.

What was that registry thing all about?

I just Downloaded it into my IL2 folder, unzipped it there, and presto bf1.1 works great. No problems at all, which surprised the hell out of me.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 12:55 PM
If you want to play online with the UBI Lobby you will get an error message "unable to load dgfight file" or"unable to load coop file" so you have to go into the registry and rename the file folders, you'll see some forum strings explaining it.

Sorry about that extra "0" in the version number, c'ome man give me a gaddamm break for crying out loud!

Can't afford another 512 MB stick of ram right now but I intend on getting one, DDR seems to be dropping in price now, saving up for another mother board with 8X AGP and the newer 128MB ram vid cards, probably ASUS/Nvidia.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 01:00 PM
hi,
I definitly agree with you.

I loved this game and now i love it more.

I still can`t play with ubicom. Now i play
on hyper lobby.

When playing its just real, the sound the fealing
everything.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 01:47 PM
If you ask me...sound is more crappy than before. Firing all weapons in P-47 for example and you lose all other sound. In QMB sound volume is greatly reduced if AAA fires (or somethin else happens) then comes back after a while. Crackling is still there and the more channels I chose in Setup the lower the sound is.

Then not to mention that if I power off (idle) the power is still set to about 20% and won't idle at all etc.

In short... this patch has fixed lot of bugs but damn it... the patch has done sound even worse then what it was and new bugs have appearred.

I'm not happy at all with having to wait for few months to get such an incomplete update.

Now I have to wait for second patch to patch this crappy patch up and hope it delivers this time properly!

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:50 PM
There are sound issues with this demanding game. I could not for the life of me get my Sound Blaster Live 5.1 & Via Chipset KT 133 (on MB) to work with XP properly. I had the Live Value 5.1 then got rid of it and bought a newer version of the Live 5.1 with the same problems I had before.
I would get "tone-lock", after about 20 min of use I'd get a loud constant tone and computer would freeze. I now use a Soundblaster PCI 128 and have had no problems at all, older card but works great, I have a surround sound system with 9 speakers and 4 amps and decoder so I use the spdif out and have great sound, if you put the DX DIAG control panel sound slider to standard acceleration it might help. I did get crackling before but that's gone now. As well turn off the hardware switch in the audio setup console in the game, that will help too.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 09:40 PM
What are you talking about hard drives for?? If you have enough memory, once you load the game mission you are playing, there should not be any more need for any hard drive usage. My game never needs the hard drive once I'm actually playing, whether it be online, offline campaign, QMB, FMB or single mission. Your ( original poster ) computer sounds like it needs more memory if the game has to go to the hard drive during play at all. I have 1GB of memory and all the data for maps, sounds, etc., are all loaded into memory, plus the Java program code itself. There's nothing the program has to fetch from the hard drive.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

"Who cares about essential liberty? What essential liberty? Well wait
'til Patriot act II, we'll see about your precious liberties!!" John Ashcroft - 2003