PDA

View Full Version : Help on a few things...

OceanRommel
04-08-2005, 06:55 AM
First of I know most questions are being repeated several times on the boards, However i do learn from almost all of them.

There are some very good answers and seems some very good players from all the threads i read. I am one of the not so inclined math people and need things broken down a bit as I have never played SH2 and not very familiar with manual weapons input. Im thinking there are a lot of us out there lol... So be patient with us...

Can some one explain Gyro angle and its relationship to the torpedo and firing?

I am playing around 35% realism till i get the hang of everything as and moving my settings up as I get comfortable.

What does the green line in the manual TDC screen actually represent? Line of sight? Torpedo path? And what is it relationship manual TDC.

Also a quick use of the new protractor to get AOB. How to? I dont really want to do alot of math but get a good AOB.

Finnaly How do you decide what to intercept as far as; is it to far to get into position? Is is moving to fast? can i get into a good location to make a shot.

Thanks

OceanRommel
04-08-2005, 06:55 AM
First of I know most questions are being repeated several times on the boards, However i do learn from almost all of them.

There are some very good answers and seems some very good players from all the threads i read. I am one of the not so inclined math people and need things broken down a bit as I have never played SH2 and not very familiar with manual weapons input. Im thinking there are a lot of us out there lol... So be patient with us...

Can some one explain Gyro angle and its relationship to the torpedo and firing?

I am playing around 35% realism till i get the hang of everything as and moving my settings up as I get comfortable.

What does the green line in the manual TDC screen actually represent? Line of sight? Torpedo path? And what is it relationship manual TDC.

Also a quick use of the new protractor to get AOB. How to? I dont really want to do alot of math but get a good AOB.

Finnaly How do you decide what to intercept as far as; is it to far to get into position? Is is moving to fast? can i get into a good location to make a shot.

Thanks

quillan
04-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Gyro angle is how far the torpedo is going to have to turn after firing in order to hit the target. The green line in the TDC is the torpedo path for the current solution. As long as the periscope/UZO is on the target, it will update dynamically.

To use the new protractor to get AOB, first you'll need to draw a line on the nav map showing the course of the target ship. Then, select the protractor, click well ahead of the ship on that course line you drew. Move the pointer down to the center of the target ship, click (this will put a line from the center of the ship along its heading), move the pointer to the center of your sub, and click again. Now, you'll have two lines, from your sub to the center of the target, and from the center of the target along its heading, as well as a measurement of the resulting angle. That's your AOB. If you are to the target's right, that will be starboard. If you are to its left, it will be port.

OceanRommel
04-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks much...

Any comments on Positioning strategy and what is a can do intercept versus one that may take to much time?