PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me find this US Air Nat Guard Book

johann63
11-11-2004, 12:03 PM
This is the book

Jack H. Smith "Coonskin Boys: Men & Mustangs of the 167th Fighter Squadron-West Virginia National Guard"

Amazon cant seem to get it to me, I gave up with them, Aeroplane books in Williamsburg,Va. who can get about any avaition book, cant get this one. Its out of print form what I heard, dont know the publisher off hand.

I have been working with the 167th for sometime now and would love to get this book to understand more about them. Used or new I dont care. The author is from West Virginia, anyone know him?

any help appiciated.

thanks

johann63

johann63
11-11-2004, 12:03 PM
This is the book

Jack H. Smith "Coonskin Boys: Men & Mustangs of the 167th Fighter Squadron-West Virginia National Guard"

Amazon cant seem to get it to me, I gave up with them, Aeroplane books in Williamsburg,Va. who can get about any avaition book, cant get this one. Its out of print form what I heard, dont know the publisher off hand.

I have been working with the 167th for sometime now and would love to get this book to understand more about them. Used or new I dont care. The author is from West Virginia, anyone know him?

any help appiciated.

thanks

johann63

Kasdeya
11-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Lets see did you Google for it? I would try there, you should be able to locate a few stores that have it. Also Barnes & Nobles should have this. Just google this ' Jack H. Smith "Coonskin Boys: Men & Mustangs of the 167th Fighter Squadron-West Virginia National Guard" ' , I have found over 40 sites that list this book.

johann63
11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kasdeya:
Lets see did you Google for it? I would try there, you should be able to locate a few stores that have it. Also Barnes & Nobles should have this. Just google this ' Jack H. Smith "Coonskin Boys: Men & Mustangs of the 167th Fighter Squadron-West Virginia National Guard" ' , I have found over 40 sites that list this book. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks Kasdeya, will try that again. You would be surprised though, many places list it as available but when it comes down to actually having it, many fall short. Will try that again though, I admit I didnt check that hard. I also emailed the LtC of the base which I happen to know. Maybe that will point me in the right direction also.

thanks again

Kasdeya
11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Well I wish you good luck. Hopefully one of these stores have it. Cheers, mate.