PDA

View Full Version : How to make an apple of eden?

GarethNelson
09-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Thought it might be fun to look at real life technology that can do similar things to the apple of eden.

So, my first thought is the "god helmet" - a device that uses something similar to rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation) over the temporal lobe to induce "spiritual" experiences. In theory it'd also have the side effect of extreme suggestibility. Problem is it requires putting the helmet on......

Another approach instead would be to create various powerful magnetic fields with various emitters of different strengths so that they collide at a particular point in 3D space, namely a person's head..... that's better, but still not a portable handheld device like the apple.

How about the extreme approach? Put a chip into the brain surgically and use the apple as a remote control? A neural pacemaker installed on the temporal lobe would do just fine for this.

Murcuseo
09-23-2010, 04:59 AM
I tried but I switched off after...

repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation

... sorry.

magesupermaster
09-23-2010, 05:05 AM
How do you want us to respond?

Do you want one of the members here to build this device?

Are you planning on building this device?

Do you want Ubisoft to build it?

GarethNelson
09-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Just a bit of fun: pondering what real-life technology can have similar effects to the apple.

I'm not seriously proposing anyone build one, but it is fun to think about. Just like it's fun to talk about how a theoretical warp drive might work when hanging out with star trek fans. (By the way that one's easy: it probably won't work because of the amount of energy required to warp spacetime sufficiently).

GarethNelson
09-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I tried but I switched off after...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation

... sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically magnetic fields used to induce electrical currents within brain tissue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...magnetic_stimulation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transcranial_magnetic_stimulation)
http://open-rtms.sourceforge.net/

JohnConnor2012
09-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I can see us off on a trip to MKUltra-land pretty soon at this rate...

hewkii9
09-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Woah...MK Ultra's more than just a Muse song...this topic: so educational!

BK-110
09-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
Thought it might be fun to look at real life technology that can do similar things to the apple of eden.

So, my first thought is the "god helmet" - a device that uses something similar to rTMS (repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation) over the temporal lobe to induce "spiritual" experiences. In theory it'd also have the side effect of extreme suggestibility. Problem is it requires putting the helmet on......

Another approach instead would be to create various powerful magnetic fields with various emitters of different strengths so that they collide at a particular point in 3D space, namely a person's head..... that's better, but still not a portable handheld device like the apple.

How about the extreme approach? Put a chip into the brain surgically and use the apple as a remote control? A neural pacemaker installed on the temporal lobe would do just fine for this.

Actually, as seen in one of the glyph puzzles, most humans in the AC universe have a certain gene for which there is no use and which turns out to be the element that lets the Apples control them.

Besides, the Pieces of Eden are made of extremely advanced technology, it's not exactly something that can be compared to anything today.

extrememuffin
09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
ME: nobody move... iv got an apple
everybody else: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
ME: no seriously people stop moving
ME: please stop moving
ME: come on i said please
ME: oh your all just mean
everybody else: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

mikeh1294
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

I'm up for building it. Anyone got any prior experience with building mind control devices?

BK-110
09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

I'm up for building it. Anyone got any prior experience with building mind control devices? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather, does anyone have plans and experience for developing extremely advanced technology very far beyond our time (even though it was made long before our time)?

magesupermaster
09-23-2010, 04:26 PM
The secret to a well-done mind control device is a fine-fresh flux capacitor.

GarethNelson
09-24-2010, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarethNelson:

Actually, as seen in one of the glyph puzzles, most humans in the AC universe have a certain gene for which there is no use and which turns out to be the element that lets the Apples control them.

Besides, the Pieces of Eden are made of extremely advanced technology, it's not exactly something that can be compared to anything today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A neurotransmitter wasn't it?
Which the apple presumably triggers release of remotely.

Anyway, lots of fiction has advanced tech which may be comparable to feasible real-life tech.

GarethNelson
09-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

I'm up for building it. Anyone got any prior experience with building mind control devices? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather, does anyone have plans and experience for developing extremely advanced technology very far beyond our time (even though it was made long before our time)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
heh, like communicators were far beyond our time before mobile phones came along? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GarethNelson
09-24-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
The secret to a well-done mind control device is a fine-fresh flux capacitor.

Oddly enough, rTMS machines do generally need really huge capacitors......

The general method is to charge up a few big capacitors and discharge a pulse from one while the other is charging so you get lots of very intense pulses directed out of the emitter coils held over the head.

JohnConnor2012
09-24-2010, 04:25 AM
What I was saying above is that someone needs to Google 'non-lethal weapons' or 'frequency weapons' and you'll have a whole variety of sub-Apple-like devices available to you for relatively few $$$s, some based on electronic effects rather than sound or strobing.

Very easy to stray into Nutter's Gnoll territory from here though... As in: 'I'm not schitzo, someone's using a frequency weapon to put these voices in my head...'.

SlimeDynamiteD
09-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by mikini:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif You can't build this. It's impossible.
But you can try to build a thing with no powers just a cool Apple of Eden though.

itsamea-mario
09-24-2010, 09:09 AM
You cant say it's impossible. go back to the 12th century and tell stories of devices that would allow people to transport their voices across the earth, devices that can relay images, moving images, have the capability to open a libary of information, and yet this device could fit snuggly in your pouch. then ask them now how many iof you think that strory is possible, im sure no sane man would say it was.

SlimeDynamiteD
09-24-2010, 09:12 AM
... a device that creates another 5 of yourselves just by holding it...?

... You must be losing it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

itsamea-mario
09-24-2010, 09:15 AM
*Repeats previous example*

besides it doesn't make more of you, it gives the illusion that there are more of you, all the apple does is illude your mind into thinking things are happenening that actually aren't, it uses the power of the mind to control the body.

but the bit about it containing the knowledge of TWCB, obviously can't be acheived.

mikeh1294
09-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Why not? The knowledge of TWCB could just be like Wikipedia, we can have chips that store gigabytes of data, so it makes sense that we will eventually have ones that store exobytes.

And most of the things the Apple does is due to illusions. It makes people think things. The Americans tried it with MK ULTRA. And doesn't de Sable use herbs to make his men fight stronger?

Never underestimate the power of the human mind. People believe what they want to see, so if you make them want to see something else, they might just do that.

itsamea-mario
09-24-2010, 09:38 AM
What i was saying about the knowledge part is that we wouldn't be able to get acces to technology beyond our time, unless somebody travelled back and gave it to us, and that just opens a whiole new can of worms.

and thats pretty much what i was saying about the effects of the apple, im sure if one of those illusion beat someone in a fight, theie mind may be convinced that they'd just been killed and shut them down completely.

Starsfan1009
09-24-2010, 09:53 AM
a la Matrix

tyrce111
09-24-2010, 10:07 AM
What about just making a plastick or meal PoE model.
Let sY we examine the build of the apple.
It's sort of like a rubix sphere thing.
The lines on it suggest there are swivling parts but I could be wrong.
Just get a high voltage lightbulb in the middle to make it light up and spit out information.

GarethNelson
09-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by JohnConnor2012:
What I was saying above is that someone needs to Google 'non-lethal weapons' or 'frequency weapons' and you'll have a whole variety of sub-Apple-like devices available to you for relatively few $$$s, some based on electronic effects rather than sound or strobing.

Very easy to stray into Nutter's Gnoll territory from here though... As in: 'I'm not schitzo, someone's using a frequency weapon to put these voices in my head...'.

Inducing a suggestible state is actually rather trivial these days. At the very least you can do it the old-fashioned way with drugs.

When you say "frequency weapon" though that makes me think of those silly "sonic" devices which claim to do brainwave entrainment through ultrasound. One device I read about claimed to use a slow fan to have this effect...

Audio-visual entrainment or direct electromagnetic stimulation of brain tissue does work though, as do various drugs.

And yeah, you can easily get a bit nuts with this stuff either by using it successfully and screwing up or by failing but thinking it works and then getting paranoid over it.

JohnConnor2012
09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Just look it up. You'll see.

GarethNelson
09-24-2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20483670
Seizures can be induced by various devices these days, and in that particular region they can trigger religiously-themed hallucinations

Enough said

thekyle0
09-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Another approach instead would be to create various powerful magnetic fields with various emitters of different strengths so that they collide at a particular point in 3D space, namely a person's head..... that's better, but still not a portable handheld device like the apple. I'm not sure I fully understand this. Would it be accurate to compare this to how brain tumors are treated? What they do there is shoot a lot of weak rays into the head from different angles. These rays intersect on a single spot and break up the tumor. Because the weak rays are only concentrated where they intersect, the rest of the brain isn't harmed too badly. So I reiterate my question, are the two concepts comparable?

GarethNelson
09-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarethNelson:
Another approach instead would be to create various powerful magnetic fields with various emitters of different strengths so that they collide at a particular point in 3D space, namely a person's head..... that's better, but still not a portable handheld device like the apple. I'm not sure I fully understand this. Would it be accurate to compare this to how brain tumors are treated? What they do there is shoot a lot of weak rays into the head from different angles. These rays intersect on a single spot and break up the tumor. Because the weak rays are only concentrated where they intersect, the rest of the brain isn't harmed too badly. So I reiterate my question, are the two concepts comparable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar, but all the emitters would be on at the same time. Multiple emitters instead of just one emitter that moves.

The idea is to have multiple low-power emitters setup so that where the fields intersect the total energy output is much greater in that particular point in 3D space. You'd want to do this within a room of a building and lure your "victim" inside.

It would be rather hit and miss though, and you might not be able to pinpoint a precise enough location to hit the right brain region (or even miss the brain altogether if the person is moving around too much), but it could theoretically work.

thekyle0
09-25-2010, 04:02 PM
They use multiple emitters for the operation. Regardless, you've answered my question.

I doubt if it could even work theoretically unless you assume that the magnetic fields really can control a persons actions. At most I'd be willing to accept that they could disorient a person, or throw them into the seizures described in the article you posted. Perhaps some levels of precision could be achieved, but that most likely would only be the three different classification named in that same article: elementary sensory, complex sensory, and complex integratory seizure symptoms.

GarethNelson
09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
They use multiple emitters for the operation. Regardless, you've answered my question.

I doubt if it could even work theoretically unless you assume that the magnetic fields really can control a persons actions. At most I'd be willing to accept that they could disorient a person, or throw them into the seizures described in the article you posted. Perhaps some levels of precision could be achieved, but that most likely would only be the three different classification named in that same article: elementary sensory, complex sensory, and complex integratory seizure symptoms.

You wouldn't be able to directly control the person's actions with magnetic induction (it's too imprecise for that - you'd need very fine targeting of single neurons, or at least very small clusters instead of clusters of several 1000 neurons).

Disorientation is what I was talking about - putting the person into a suggestible state or inducing hallucinations (which could be manipulated by feeding the person cues).

Why do christians tend to perceive the christian god or jesus when they have these kinds of seizures? Because they already have that pre-existing belief to draw upon for the contents of the hallucination.

It's similar to dreams. We're all gamers here presumably so some of you have probably experienced this one:

Ever went to bed after gaming all night and dreamt about the game? That's because the most recent thoughts in your mind were the game's content, so you draw on that (in my experience my dreams tend to be about a 50/50 mix of short-term events and random stuff pulled from all over the place).

So, the theory is that you'd induce the suggestible state after lots of priming. It may be more effective with someone who is already mildly gullible, but it is feasible. After they're in the hallucinatory state you then use it to your advantage.

Drugs can do similar things much easier, but that's not really a cool piece of electronic technology http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DukeFirewood
09-26-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm actually from the future and this device is very real.
I actually have one with me but its not called a Piece of Eden. We ("The Ones Who Are in the Future") call it a Mind Control Thingy.

I will now demonstrate. The next poster will think that I have gone crazy and that I haven't come from the future and more so that I don't have a Mind Control Thingy.

That ladies and gentlemen is the the Mind Control Thingy at work.

primerib69
09-26-2010, 03:24 AM
SAUSAGES!!!!!!!

you know how to make an apple of eden? get a glass globe, fill it up with a fif of vodka, put some orange juice it in, shake, and serve. enjoy, my loves

SamJudd
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
i like just the main idea of the apple
i think with some way to protect yourself from it you could as long as they have some metal on there body use a slight electric current with a high pitch hum that usually enduces vomiting and flashing lights to confuse being sent through out a specific area could make someone sick and metally unstable enough similar to the apple

Inorganic9_2
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Hay guyz, how would it look into the futurelol?!

Oh, what have I done? :P I like the idea of the vodka apple. Maybe that's how Ezio did...that's how Ezio made the guards fight their friends and pass out...vodka!

De4th18
12-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
... a device that creates another 5 of yourselves just by holding it...?

... You must be losing it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Ever heard of PCP? lol

ZCherub
12-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Gareth, I'll be honest with you dude, you're too smart for the people on this forum. I'm not being condescending - You're talking above my head, too - but the sad reality is that, based on what I've seen here, the kids here have a hard time comprehending how basic heredity works, and a hard time with the concept (theory) of genetic memory on which this entire series is based. There are some exceptions here, to be sure, but overall, you're talking to the wrong crowd, bro.

OniLinkSword
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
You do know they already made a device that can control people's will and control what they do. Granted it's not as powerful as a POE, but it still works in general masses. The weird thing is that it's in just about everyone's home and they love to just sit in front of it and stare at it for hours. Sometimes they even hold something while in front of it and feel like their doing something. I forget the name of the device, but it varies in size...

SamJudd
12-21-2010, 07:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

You wouldn't be able to directly control the person's actions with magnetic induction (it's too imprecise for that - you'd need very fine targeting of single neurons, or at least very small clusters instead of clusters of several 1000 neurons).

Disorientation is what I was talking about - putting the person into a suggestible state or inducing hallucinations (which could be manipulated by feeding the person cues).

Why do christians tend to perceive the christian god or jesus when they have these kinds of seizures? Because they already have that pre-existing belief to draw upon for the contents of the hallucination.

It's similar to dreams. We're all gamers here presumably so some of you have probably experienced this one:

Ever went to bed after gaming all night and dreamt about the game? That's because the most recent thoughts in your mind were the game's content, so you draw on that (in my experience my dreams tend to be about a 50/50 mix of short-term events and random stuff pulled from all over the place).

So, the theory is that you'd induce the suggestible state after lots of priming. It may be more effective with someone who is already mildly gullible, but it is feasible. After they're in the hallucinatory state you then use it to your advantage.

Drugs can do similar things much easier, but that's not really a cool piece of electronic technology http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
hey dude i agree whole heartedly

Arathar
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
How to make Apple of Eden:

1. Build Animus

2. Find way to relive past memories

3. Meet scary ghost from the past that created humankind

4. Look for apple somewhere in the world

5. Find apple

The Apple of Eden is now created.

And don't try to tell me that Assassins Creed is fiction...it's very obviously a historically comphrehensive breakdown of the human race. What, you think it's fiction? Silly small minded person.

Arathar
12-21-2010, 07:22 PM
On topic, I remember reading an article once about mind reading. Scientists are literally on the verge of doing it; they have methods where if someone focuses on an object or idea intensely enough, the machine or whatever records a VERY very vauge shape, it only has a very indicernable poor outline and some blops of color. Maybe this could lead to future technologies invovled with the mind?

TheSpectator
12-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
*Repeats previous example*

besides it doesn't make more of you, it gives the illusion that there are more of you, all the apple does is illude your mind into thinking things are happenening that actually aren't , it uses the power of the mind to control the body.

but the bit about it containing the knowledge of TWCB, obviously can't be acheived.
Your definition of the apple now makes me think that lucy ain't dead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

SamJudd
12-22-2010, 05:23 PM
just saying MK ULTRA

Cookiekiller6
12-22-2010, 06:26 PM
I suppose it could cause humans to be paralyzed temporarily, but it would affect the user as well as no mind control abilities.