PDA

View Full Version : BOMBING , how is it done right?

oscar0072004
01-29-2005, 11:05 AM
when i bomb with the b-25 i allways screw up , the bombing in PF is just to difficult for me . i just cant get it right . the manual is not a real big help as well . it basicly discribes the basics and that the you need to remain level and cannot bank more then 15 degree,s etc etc . also the campaign does not really have any options to use the easy bombing mode . can someon give me some helpfull tips to get my load on target please ?

oscar0072004
01-29-2005, 11:05 AM
when i bomb with the b-25 i allways screw up , the bombing in PF is just to difficult for me . i just cant get it right . the manual is not a real big help as well . it basicly discribes the basics and that the you need to remain level and cannot bank more then 15 degree,s etc etc . also the campaign does not really have any options to use the easy bombing mode . can someon give me some helpfull tips to get my load on target please ?

VW-IceFire
01-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Depends on how you want to do it. I gave up on medium and high altitude bombing runs with level bombers. My prefered method is to be low and fast.

B-25, A-20, P-47, P-38, Beaufighter, and others are perfect ground pounding machines. I set my bombs to a delay of 3 seconds and I approach my target at 400kph IAS or higher. A slight dive on target usually helps. Aim the bomb on target using the gunsight, and once your holding the dive for several seconds onto the target (this is where you have to judge it) drop the bomb(s) and pull back slightly.

The bomb should careen into your target and the 3 second delay timer will let you get away before it explodes.

quasimodo_3
01-29-2005, 11:36 AM
totally agree with IceFire. Low attack insures the vicinity. Delay insures you're not blowing yourself up. Coming in at torpedo level and releasing before the target disappears under your instrument panel gets the job done. Or you could learn howe to use the bombsight (I haven't) and avoid AAA.

Swivet
01-29-2005, 12:17 PM
DITTO.......low and fast with unlimited ammo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AWL_Spinner
01-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Oscar, if you're specifically interested in level bombing there's a guide linked in my sig, below.

In addition to the guide there's loads of other stuff from other forum contributors contained in the zip file to do with level bombing.

Also check out the plentiful resources on airwarfare.com - their guides page is here (http://www.airwarfare.com/guides.htm).