PDA

View Full Version : new effect and sound

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 12:16 AM
New sound effects are great, but they seem more like an unfinished upgrade rather than a fix on the old sound engine.
I mean the new doplar effect is much better, but I can hear some glitches on start up.
After engine start up the engine noise gets very quit.

the I-16 used to chug along and had a distinct engine sound. Now all planes sound the same.

The whisteling noise the 109's make seems less prominant. I really liked that sound, acurate or not.

And the FW 190 engine sounds like it's always at the same RPM. very odd.

The ground effects are a nice touch, but really??

I hope it wasnt these piddly effects holding up the release of the patch.
All I wanted to see fixed was the german planes. So what do vapor trails and dust clouds have to do with that????

Oh, well cant grip 2 much.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 12:16 AM
New sound effects are great, but they seem more like an unfinished upgrade rather than a fix on the old sound engine.
I mean the new doplar effect is much better, but I can hear some glitches on start up.
After engine start up the engine noise gets very quit.

the I-16 used to chug along and had a distinct engine sound. Now all planes sound the same.

The whisteling noise the 109's make seems less prominant. I really liked that sound, acurate or not.

And the FW 190 engine sounds like it's always at the same RPM. very odd.

The ground effects are a nice touch, but really??

I hope it wasnt these piddly effects holding up the release of the patch.
All I wanted to see fixed was the german planes. So what do vapor trails and dust clouds have to do with that????

Oh, well cant grip 2 much.

RichardI
08-17-2003, 12:19 AM
The sound in CFS3 is better than FB.
Wonder what in hell Oleg is doing with the sound? If CFS3 can produce good sound, why can't 1C? Odd.

Rich /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<Center>http://www.ghosts.com/images/postimages/THUNDERBOLT.jpg <Center>I've got 140 109's cornered over Berlin!

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Sound in CFS 3 better! In your opinion maybe, I feel the whole CFS 3 game sucks! FB sounds better, graphics are better and planes are better. :>) If CFS 3 is that good go play it then.lol

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:50 AM
CFS sounds are excellent. Not got CFS3 so no comment. Stick the P51 on in CSF2 and that 'almost' sounds like a Merlin (albeit a little tinny). However the engine powering down after you switch it off is perfect!

http://af-helos.freewebspace.com/BP_Ham%20Sig.gif

Per Ardua Ad Astra