PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the lag effect in .ntrk's

vanjast
10-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Maybe Oleg and crew might consider this...

As we know there is a problem with the .ntrk's displaying a laggy player - The aircraft is not orientated to it's flight path - it shoots at fresh air and the plane 100m off to the side blows up.
From what I can work out is that the .ntrk is only recorded from the Recorders point-of-view (POV). Now if the track was recorded with every planes lag time, the track playback can use this 'Time Key' to reposition all the objects to view from the new object's POV. In this way all the objects should be repositioned and orientated to the new POV.

You essentially keep the laggy object's orientation and actions, but reposition the laggy object and the other objects by a function of time..

POV = function(Lag)

Oleg, give it a try!

Endrju
11-04-2005, 03:17 PM
Ehmm...it's too late and I am too tired to think about math and physics http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TooCool_12f
11-05-2005, 07:38 AM
if the ntrk had to take into consideration everybody's lag, correct their position, orientation etc.. you'd have stutter while recording that would just be unacceptable

Right now, the game records what it sees, directly. I don't see how you can ask your CPU to process everybody's position, calculate lag, check if data makes sense, correct if necessary, recheck and all that in real time, while calculating what you're playing simultaneously

Chuck_Older
11-05-2005, 08:43 AM
I just recorded an ntrk, offline. mission was offline, trk was offline, ntrk was offline

It's flippin bizarre. Not only does my plane shoot at thin air, the enemy fighters, who never shot at me in the actual mission, get several hits on ny aircraft

trk files go away when you patch...but if they are in a campaign folder, they stay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I made my When Tigers Could Fly campaign in v3.04. the tracks are not ntrks

they play perfectly fine when I run the campaign in 4.02

Something is up, and obviously, it's correctable

vanjast
11-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by TooCool_12f:
if the ntrk had to take into consideration everybody's lag, correct their position, orientation etc.. you'd have stutter while recording that would just be unacceptable

Right now, the game records what it sees, directly. I don't see how you can ask your CPU to process everybody's position, calculate lag, check if data makes sense, correct if necessary, recheck and all that in real time, while calculating what you're playing simultaneously

It's not as bad as you think. while recording the only extra info per object, is it's time-Lag (in programming language DWord = 4 Bytes). On playback there would, at max be 2 extra calculations on the object position, which is a minuscule amount compared to all the number crunching required to produce a graphics image on the screen.
So in reality it's achievable without any marked effect on frame rate...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif