PDA

View Full Version : I think it should be mandatory to include one's birthday in avatar..

Airmikey2
11-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I think it should be mandatory to include ones birthdate in ones avatar.. there are so many whiny freakin babies in here - they gotta be fifteen years old ..
Woukkd be nice to just ignore them and maybe they will go away

BTW, great job as always Oleg. Keep it real.

Airmikey

Airmikey2
11-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I think it should be mandatory to include ones birthdate in ones avatar.. there are so many whiny freakin babies in here - they gotta be fifteen years old ..
Woukkd be nice to just ignore them and maybe they will go away

BTW, great job as always Oleg. Keep it real.

Airmikey

fabianfred
11-26-2004, 07:21 PM
good idea.....
at least we could be more tolerant when seeing the poster is not all that experienced in life yet, and see that some others ought to know better.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

SeaFireLIV
11-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Yes, I know for a fact that if I was talking to a 12 year old in the REAL WORLD - well, I certainly wouldn`t get into any lengthy conversation, unless they were polite. And probably not even then.

That`s the problem here, if they use a spell-checker and have a reasonable grasp of grammer then it can take a few posts to suss out the maturity of someone. You could be talking to a 30 year old or a 10 year old.

Oleg must watch out for this - allowing a 10 year old to argue with you and potentially destroy the whole IL2 series is ungood!

It`s interesting to note that you CAN tell a very young poster from an old one, because if they`re likely to be a bad egg, they can`t keep the pretence of being an adult for very long. By the 3rd or 4th post they usually lose it and give themselves completely away.

Of course, how could you be sure the TRUE poster`s age is displayed?

Another thing we must consider is that NOT all insulting whiners are young...

ImpStarDuece
11-27-2004, 03:46 AM
HAd a very long post on this topic but lost it so excuse the brevity.

I think that using age as a basis for discrimination or the seriousness with which we take a poster on these forums is an idea that is totally unnecessary and backwards looking. A fifteen year old opinion is as equally valid as a fifty year olds. Both may be correct or incorrect, both may be intelligent and thoghtful or both may be ridiclous or hateful garbage.

While age certainlly effects intelligence and maturity I think that to asses a poster based on his or her age is ridiclous. I work as a teacher at an Elementary School and a Junior High School. I am constistenly suprised and amazed at the intelligence, thoughfulness and reasoning skills of my students, whether they are aged 5 or 15.

Reason and logic can be exhibited by anyone of any age. Similarly idiocy and blind stupidity aren't limited to any particular age, race, colour, nation, religion etc, etc, etc.

The best posters here are those that value the game and take it seriously. Its the people that have no respect for others or for the software that they play who, at least in my opinion, are the posters that cause the most trouble and the wosrt trolls.

Just my opinion though :-)

Tibicen
11-27-2004, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
I am constistenly suprised and amazed at the intelligence, thoughfulness and reasoning skills of my students, whether they are aged 5 or 15.

Reason and logic can be exhibited by anyone of any age. Similarly idiocy and blind stupidity aren't limited to any particular age, race, colour, nation, religion etc, etc, etc.

The best posters here are those that value the game and take it seriously. Its the people that have no respect for others or for the software that they play who, at least in my opinion, are the posters that cause the most trouble and the worst trolls.

Just my opinion though :-) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to say amen to this. I'm a doctor in a little town in germany for 15 years now, and in my profession you get to know people...
It's not age that counts. Foolishness, disrespect for the work or achievements of others etc. seems very common.

But I see the good intentions of the posts in this thread and that is: Support Oleg and his work (for us) and keep him clean of whiners and "demands".
Similar to other threads in this forum it is an understandable indignation there concerning certain posters.

I certainly thank him and his team for giving me immense pleasure with this incredible flight-sim (for years now, because I began with original IL2).

Viele Grüße, Tibicen

Airmikey2
11-27-2004, 04:40 PM
In part - this post is meant rhetorically and in direct response to all the fruitless wining that goes on around here. I in no way mean to imply that fifteen year olds lack good sense sound judgement or just plain old good manners.. I would like to know when a grown man is behaving like a rude , inconsiderate spoiled brat is all. I think it would bring some clarity and insight into some of the senseless and rude exchanges that have frequented the boards so often of late..I for one, seldom post at all any more simply because of the childish and abusive tone that permeates the otherwise well intentioned discussions by the more positive and enthusiastic IL2 forum members. Furthermore I've noticed a lot of pilots that I fly with at HL have apparently followed suit. They are still online, just not here so much.

I think Oleg and co. have done a great job advancing the world of flight simming, and I hate to see that work bashed by the unappreciative few is all...

Airmikey

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Well in my time here both active and passive I have noticed one thing and that is if Oleg actually cares for, or want's our opinion he usually ask's for it.

clint-ruin
11-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Age has very little to do with it. We are lucky to have some very eloquent younger posters here. Some of whom aren't even posting in their first language - and still manage to get their ideas down on a page than english language natives! Similarly I would think that many of the worst of the worst are so bad due to their constant practice at it, rather than their inexperience :&gt;