PDA

View Full Version : promotions

Tuz1
04-28-2005, 02:49 AM
hi all
im on patrol 9 and i carnt promote any1 wen i hold my curser over were the medal or watever it is it says u must complete a protrol. which i have 9 times i even went all the way back to base and docked but i still couldnt do it. could any1 help please

Tomus
04-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Have you not been able to promote anyone at all for all 9 missions??

Tuz1
04-28-2005, 04:59 AM
no no1 but i was thinking if u promote them a sailer would be a petty officer yes? because if thats true then i wont be able too becuase my boat is full i have no room for any more men. wat do u think?

Messervy
04-28-2005, 05:04 AM
In that case you would get a message saying "To many officers, petty officers.

I remember something simmilar you are experiencing but I don`t remember the solution.
It`s really a trivial matter. Just try fiddling with your mouse. Click on a crew member, click and HOLD the medal, promotion, speciality and drag it to a crew members screen on a left.

russian_crazy
04-28-2005, 05:04 AM
Very intresting question I think! I never asked my self before. But it could be. Or it could be other way. If you promote someone, you get 1 place extra... I don't really know, sorry mate, but I think it is intresting...

Pappy44_6
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I have finished three patrols. I am so bad though, I have only gotten two ships (really need to practice my approaches and intercepts). I guess I don't get to promote anyone cause I suxxors!

lol

notaes
04-28-2005, 12:16 PM
I think what you are experiencing is that the crew member you are trying to promote has not completed a tour. Is that possible, did you change out a crew man recently and are now trying to promote him?

Tuz1
04-28-2005, 12:27 PM
no i have the same crew i started with i have added some. wat i ment was how do i get the promotion medal or watever it is cuz all i see is grayed out box shape were it should be but i have completed 11 patrols now and a couple of my men have maxed experiance.
and oh just wanted to tell sum1 i took out 13 of 16 boats that were in a convoy i would of had more kills but i ran out of ammo.and i survived is that good do u think?

FDNYFAN
04-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Click on the medal and you see a blue shade around the crew members you can promote.

Tuz1
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
yes i know that but i dont have the medal i am asking how can i get the medal

Messervy
04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Do you dock at your departure port?

notaes
04-28-2005, 04:48 PM
AHH, okay I think I follow you now. Promotions and medals are not distributed for each person who is ready for promotion. I am sure there is a way to ensure people get promoted quickly, once they max their experience, but at the most I have seen the ability to promote 3 people at any one time after a patrol. You mention that you shot 13 of 16 in a convoy, each neutral ship you shoot is a penalty to your renown, so watch who you are shooting. To get more awards, keep people in their posts as much as possible during patrols and eventually you will get the Knights Cross and such to assign to your crew, but even then you might only get a couple at a time. Just remember Neutrals are penalized on your renown, this may have an impact on your ability to recieve medals and promotions.