PDA

View Full Version : Adjust Particle Density in IL2 Sturmovik 1946

hkfl8087
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Can you show me the way to adjust the particle density such as the detail of Flames, Smokes, Clouds.My frame rates reduces to 2-5 fps when there's thick cloud or when the cannon shells explode on the ground, or when the M13 rockets explode, or when planes take off from runway.I try to look for a way to adjust the particle density in the game, but I couldn't.My video card is ATU Randeon 9200SE.MY framerates is often 64-75fps, but it reduce greatly in those situation.Can you help me?Thank so much!

hkfl8087
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Can you show me the way to adjust the particle density such as the detail of Flames, Smokes, Clouds.My frame rates reduces to 2-5 fps when there's thick cloud or when the cannon shells explode on the ground, or when the M13 rockets explode, or when planes take off from runway.I try to look for a way to adjust the particle density in the game, but I couldn't.My video card is ATU Randeon 9200SE.MY framerates is often 64-75fps, but it reduce greatly in those situation.Can you help me?Thank so much!

VW-IceFire
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
How fast is your CPU? It might not be the visual effects at all but all of the calculations caused by the bits of shrapnel flying out of the bombs. There is no straight adjustment for particles...its actually just bitmapped so its really not that graphically intense. You could try going into the game and changing the setup options on the graphics and turn some stuff down.

Another good way is to see if the same pause happens when a 100lb bomb goes off versus a 1000lb bomb (try both in a target rich area). If your FPS take a dive on both in equal amounts then its video...but if not...its probably your CPU.

hkfl8087
06-21-2007, 11:06 PM
ok thank you.My CPU is P4 2.8 GHz-is it too bad?I think it's video, because when i fly in the dense cloud, the fps drop down so fast, to 5fps, but when i turn the camera to see the blue sky, it rise up again to 45fps.i think it's the problem of the video.when i play call of duty 2 with 1024x768, i can set the smoke quality to highest, but there's no frame rate drop down, but when i play IL2, whenever there's smoke,cloud..the fps decrease so fast!I don't know how to adjust the particle density.when i remove the cloud, it run smoothly but the sky without cloud is so ugly, and i still have problem with smoke and explosion.Is it my video card's fault in this situation?

hkfl8087
06-21-2007, 11:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
How fast is your CPU? It might not be the visual effects at all but all of the calculations caused by the bits of shrapnel flying out of the bombs. There is no straight adjustment for particles...its actually just bitmapped so its really not that graphically intense. You could try going into the game and changing the setup options on the graphics and turn some stuff down.

Another good way is to see if the same pause happens when a 100lb bomb goes off versus a 1000lb bomb (try both in a target rich area). If your FPS take a dive on both in equal amounts then its video...but if not...its probably your CPU. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried the 100lb bomb and the 1000lb bom, also the 5000lb bomb.and the heavier the bomb is, the lower frame rates i have!!!My FPS even drop down when i fire Ki84C cannon when the shell hits the ground.I place 2 static cameras, 1 at the explosion site, one in another place.I pause the game and see the result.The camera in the explosion site is very hard to move around, i mean low frame rates when i move the camera.Meanwhile the camera in another place- clear and far away from explosion i can move it very easily.I wonder why can't we adjust the density of the particle system.This is a great game except that small problem on my system

Korolov1986
06-21-2007, 11:53 PM
How much VRAM does your video card have?

hkfl8087
06-22-2007, 12:19 AM
thank you for your attention to my question.
I have 128mb of VRAm

hkfl8087
06-22-2007, 12:25 AM
can I edit the conf.ini file?
yesterday i found IL2 config editor but it can't help me to adjust particle density
HELP!!!

DaimonSyrius
06-22-2007, 12:48 AM
The quality of clouds rendering can be adjusted in the 'Video options' within the game (you have to select the 'Custom' option that gives separate settings for landscape and clouds).

The complexity of smoke effects can be changed with the 'Effects=x' line in conf.ini, where x can go from 0 to 2 (go to the 'Render OpenGL' or 'Render DirectX' sections of conf.ini).

Cheers,
S.

hkfl8087
06-22-2007, 12:56 AM
thankssssssssss

Bearcat99
06-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Look in my sig... go to the link that says M4T - Data. There is a config guide there.