PDA

View Full Version : Check the f4u1-c Corsair

Voidable
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
sometimes when taken hits she seem,s to roll to one side or inverted like when you lose your wing but you don't ?????..Mind you Not a stall ! i been flying this sim from the begining im sure its a bug Oleg Please check in to this..bye the way love this plane http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Has anyone els had this prob?

Voidable
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
sometimes when taken hits she seem,s to roll to one side or inverted like when you lose your wing but you don't ?????..Mind you Not a stall ! i been flying this sim from the begining im sure its a bug Oleg Please check in to this..bye the way love this plane http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Has anyone els had this prob?

WUAF_Badsight
12-02-2004, 09:50 PM
also

planes loose massive top speed ability when hit in the wings

& , funnily enough , turning ability

(i.e. this isnt a "corsair only" problem)

VW-IceFire
12-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Its not a problem, or a bug, its a feature. Not everyone has gotten used to it.

Consider the force of impact of an explosive 20mm shell. Now consider that you just got hit by several 20mm shells, with significant explosive or kinetic force, on an extremity of your plane. I'm not sure of the math but I'm reasonably certain that the force imparted by those hits are going to cause your plane to react violently.

Use rudder and aileron to counter such an impact...whenever possible.

Voidable
12-02-2004, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Consider the force of impact of an explosive 20mm shell. Now consider that you just got hit by several 20mm shells, with significant explosive or kinetic force, on an extremity of your plane. I'm not sure of the math but I'm reasonably certain that the force imparted by those hits are going to cause your plane to react violently.

Use rudder and aileron to counter such an impact...whenever possible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats funny IceFire i thought that ..but if thats the case in the corsair you lose control to long i can understand kinetic force will knock your plane for a loop but its more like your plane has paralyses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LLv34_Flanker
12-03-2004, 01:49 AM
S!

This loss of speed and control or the phenomenon called "wing dipping" is not always related to cannon fire only. Even a single .303cal hit can render a plane to a lumbering cow when hitting the wing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Daiichidoku
12-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Thankfully, more ppl are noticing this effect...

Voidable, I started a thread about this in GD forum a few days ago..check it...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=3521094642

started happening to me sometimes with 3.0 onwards...first I noticed it while flying the P47, then the Beaufighter...from hits, or even a single hit in the wing...90 to 360 degree superfast rolls, just as if a wing was lost...I know a few ppl, inc myself have bailed to see to ac fly away normally with both wing intact...

even more disturbing, I have experienced this while flying a B 25! and the hit was inboard of the engine nacelle....a day or so later, it happened again in a Mitchell...but this time it was hit not in the wing, but in the rear fuselage!!!!!

Im convinced this is a bug, perhaps the game treats it like a wing loss, but then quickly corrects itself

In my thread Ive asked for anybody to come up with ANY evidence of this happening IRL, as I have never read it in 25 years of aviation enthusiasm...still, no-one has offered anything up...

please bump that thread, I will bump this one...

Daiichidoku
12-03-2004, 02:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:

Use rudder and aileron to counter such an impact...whenever possible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IceFire, I can see many other effects of damage in wings...loss of speed, turn or roll ability diminished, etc...but not this "lost wing syndrome"

As it has been said in my GD thread, it would not be kinetic "dump" from a shell, but loss of airflow due to shockwave of the explosion, assuming this is the reason in the first place

But even that argument holds no water at all, as I related above, this effect has happened to me flying a B 25 that was hit in the rear FUSELAGE of said ship...if an explosion from a single 20mm shell generating enough shockwave to displace enough airflow over the not-small wing area of a Mitchell bomber is not ridiculous (which it is), then a 20mm hit on the fuselage of a B25 is preposterous!

Tell me sir, how can even multiple 30mm hits on a fuselage possibly roll a Mitchell about?

Sorry, kinetic force or airflow/shockwave solutions wont work where the hit is where no lift is produced

It must be a bug