PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

Samuel032593
10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Please forgive me if there is already on here in the depths of this forum, but I didn't find one on the useful links page so assumed that there wasn't a thread on muliplayer, and I just had an idea I wanted to give. I don't expect it to be used mind you, but it is still cool to get peoples' oppinions, so here goes.

I figure for a co-op experience, it would be rather easy to incoporate this feature. I can't imagine that Exio went his whole life and never met another assassin, I mean, he bred a whole generation, which is why Desmond is alive, an why he lived on an assassin plantation(The Farm) for so long. So, say Ezio had help from another assassin, why not find the heir to the assassin that helped ezio, and sync him to Desmond through another animus so that they are experiencing the same memory at the same time, through a different set of eyes. The difference is that one is Ezio, and one is the co-op character who is helping Ezio. Sounds feasible to me, what do you guys think, any suggestions or ideas. I just love to discuss, so feel totally free to say whatever you want. If you don't want a multiplayer at all, voice that oppinion, if you are dying for a multiplayer, voice that one. I want to hear your ideas or comments about how you think multiplayer should be handled. Obviously you can see I am all for it, so long as it makes sense, and I believe my idea makes enough sense to be included. Once again, just voice your thoughts, hopefully we are all mature here, I don't know, I haven't been here on this particular forum for very long, I've mostly been on the SC:C forums, LaurenissoMosh should recognise me, however, most wont. So just voice them in a mature way, and let's discuss http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And many thanks to those that took the time to get all the way down here to the bottom of this post lol. Thankshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NuclearFuss
10-25-2009, 04:03 PM
It isn't going to happen in AC2. Maybe number 3 but no sooner.

Justin-x
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
To tell you the truth, nobody knows if theres going to be multiplayer or not, ubisoft has given us alot of different responses.

But I really like the idea of co-op. Like you said, ezio now has allies so it wouldnt be hard adding something like co-op to the story.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

sm312
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I really like AC as a single player experience but if they were going to put one I'd like free-roam added but just playing by yourself through that wonderful story and such is suc an awesome experience that shouldn't be messed with

NuclearFuss
10-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I think co-op should be a spin-off with it's own story (maybe featuring some Ezio). Possibly even staring a female assassin.

EmperorxZurg
10-25-2009, 08:11 PM
there will be no multiplayer. Definitely not in AC2 and almost definitely not in AC3, there are no topics on this because they have all been locked from there being too many. The devs said they just wanted a superb first player campaign and some games are just better without multiplayer. and @ sackboy: if tht happened then what about the people who can't do multiplayer? it wouldn't be fair and therefore Ubisoft wouldn't do it because of all the complaints they would get. So sorry but this like the demo is a lost cause that will never be saved

SBRedFlag
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Justin-x:
To tell you the truth, nobody knows if theres going to be multiplayer or not, ubisoft has given us alot of different responses.

But I really like the idea of co-op. Like you said, ezio now has allies so it wouldnt be hard adding something like co-op to the story.

On the contrary, ubisoft has confirmed: NO MULTIPLAYER. I'll post the link if needed and I look back about 50 pages of topics.

the amolang
10-25-2009, 08:23 PM
no co-op. which isn't that surprising to me, and I don't really care too much.

FROGGEman2
10-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
there will be no multiplayer. Definitely not in AC2 and almost definitely not in AC3, there are no topics on this because they have all been locked from there being too many. The devs said they just wanted a superb first player campaign and some games are just better without multiplayer. and @ sackboy: if tht happened then what about the people who can't do multiplayer? it wouldn't be fair and therefore Ubisoft wouldn't do it because of all the complaints they would get. So sorry but this like the demo is a lost cause that will never be saved

Ugh, you always seem to have this massive fear of anything new.

Coolgerb
10-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by FROGGEman2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

Ugh, you always seem to have this massive fear of anything new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if he hates new things as I have not followed his posting, but the post of him that you quoted doesn't seem to be about fear of new things, but rather annoyance about it being asked / suggested for the gazzilionth time.

EmperorxZurg
10-25-2009, 11:35 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I embrace new things all the time, but this one aspect is just something that shouldn't be done, it's like giving a kid $100 and saying don't ever spend it, u know it won't work out the way u want, it's so obvious, so let's just take the multiplayer idea from our heads

loveboof
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
You've gotta think outside the box... how can that kid spend the $100 if you lock him in a room or cut off his hands or something? lol.

Multiplayer is usually a great addition to a game, so if it can work I'd like people to think of ways to implement it rather than just being closed minded and rejecting the idea.

BladeInCrowd
10-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I would like a co-op style multiplayer, I think it would run very well.

caswallawn_2k7
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
also his complaint of multiplayer threads seems quite appropriate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=multiplayer&forumOID=5251069024&p=1)

Samuel032593
10-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Gosh, some people get so defensive. This is a forum, and if it isn't discussed here, then where? I was merely giving an idea, don't crucify me for it. I am new to the AC forums, like I said, I was a SC:C guy until recently. I just wanted oppinions on it, I do not expect it to be in the GAME!!!!, it's in bold for those who tend to skip over things. I just want to talk about it, that's all. Now IF they decide to use this thread for something, that would be beyond the level of awesome, but like I said, I do not expect them to. I merely like this topic for the sake of discussion. So please do not say something like, I am tired of seeing these topics, multiplayer is out, get over it stuff, because that doesn't make for very good discussion, know what I mean? Anyway, C ya guys, and no offense to anyone in the forums by the way, I know it seems like it but know that I mean absolutely no offense in the most menial of instances. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
the point is if you clicked the link there hare literately hundreds upon hundreds of post's already covering possible multiplayer that you could of read or posted in instead of making yet another thread on an already over posted question.

Samuel032593
10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
the point is if you clicked the link there hare literately hundreds upon hundreds of post's already covering possible multiplayer that you could of read or posted in instead of making yet another thread on an already over posted question.

I undertand what you mean now. I don't even know how to do that search you did, showing all the links to the multiplayer threadshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I just didn't see any threads on the important links page, so I assumed that there wasn't one, sorry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif But anyway, I would like to continue the discussion, since it's already here anyway. So anyway, if you guys have anything to say, please do, and please be understanding, I am a noob after all lol.

Justin-x
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin-x:

On the contrary, ubisoft has confirmed: NO MULTIPLAYER. I'll post the link if needed and I look back about 50 pages of topics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>On the contrary, there are several links with interviews of patric of multiplayer and he says that its a maybe.

But I agree with most people here, a single player experience is the first task at hand and then maybe multiplayer. I just think that some co-op or free-roaming wouldnt be so bad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

AetosEagle
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
no dude, if you look it up, its confirmed no multiplay, ive even watched about 4 interviews with patrice in so far and each time when asked about multiplayer he has said there will be no form of multiplayer in assassins creed 2, and he doubts the same thing in assassins creed 3 if there is one.

Azugo
10-27-2009, 01:47 AM
@AetosEagle: Your sig, the Italian bit for "Truth is written in blood." I had that in my sig, in Italian about 2 months back for a while. XD

Anyway, I'd love co-op/free roam. That'd be so much fun!

BladeInCrowd
10-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by AetosEagle:
no dude, if you look it up, its confirmed no multiplay, ive even watched about 4 interviews with patrice in so far and each time when asked about multiplayer he has said there will be no form of multiplayer in assassins creed 2, and he doubts the same thing in assassins creed 3 if there is one.
That really is a shame, if done well, a co-op multiplayer would have worked greatly. I can already see you and a friend working togeather, it would be a great team game.

Morf113
11-01-2009, 04:27 PM
I think that multiplayer would not be good cause of so much assassins, but co-op would be much better maybe you could co-op as Altair or Ezio's father Giovanni. Plz response to this i would really like you opinion.

BladeInCrowd
11-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Morf113:
I think that multiplayer would not be good cause of so much assassins, but co-op would be much better maybe you could co-op as Altair or Ezio's father Giovanni. Plz response to this i would really like you opinion.
co-op would be awesome, wokring with your Assassin brother to kill your target would be greta team work. ^_^

obliviondoll
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm surprised how often people say "Co-op would be better than multiplayer"

Co-op IS multiplayer.

BladeInCrowd
11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I'm surprised how often people say "Co-op would be better than multiplayer"

Co-op IS multiplayer.

Actually, it's not really the same thing. Not when we are talking about Assassin's Creed.
Mutiplayer would be if you have many people on the same game, where are co-op is norally two players working togeather.

caswallawn_2k7
11-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Mutiplayer would be if you have many people on the same game, where are co-op is norally two players working togeather.
multiplayer is a game were there are multiple players playing at the same time, unlike solo play were there is one person playing.

as for saying co-op is only 2 players please go post that on either the countrstrike, left 4 dead or boarderlands forums. (there are more co-op games that use more than 2 players but it would take way too long to list them)

co-op is a form of multiplayer game play get over it already it's not something different like you seem to think. (altho we could try to tell microsoft we want to play co-op games without a gold account because they aint multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif )

younas456
11-05-2009, 10:15 AM
i love that idea i have had that thougt to... it whould be so great to co-op assassinate a target one distracts the guards and the other one goes around and kill him it whould be so cooooool!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif really hope they will include something like that. i love the single player mode though it is very good they must not change that feeling. multiplayer=yes singelplayer=yes

EDITED: i know not great with dots and that

BladeInCrowd
11-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mutiplayer would be if you have many people on the same game, where are co-op is norally two players working togeather.
multiplayer is a game were there are multiple players playing at the same time, unlike solo play were there is one person playing.

as for saying co-op is only 2 players please go post that on either the countrstrike, left 4 dead or boarderlands forums. (there are more co-op games that use more than 2 players but it would take way too long to list them)

co-op is a form of multiplayer game play get over it already it's not something different like you seem to think. (altho we could try to tell microsoft we want to play co-op games without a gold account because they aint multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol. Now your just nit-picking. You know what I mean. having a co-op mode I feel would really add more to the gameplay. You could take on missions with a friend, either via link or online with a friend.

loveboof
11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
One of the main problems with multiplayer in the AC universe is the animus - why would two or more people be needed?

So for AC3, why not set up a multiplayer aspect of the game in Desmond's time.

Assassins V Templars

(It'd be nice if it was something different to the tired old 'deathmatch' etc, so maybe an objective based free roam with two teams of 4? for example...)