PDA

View Full Version : ***MAJOR SPOILER ALERT, SUBJECT 16 VIDEO***

whyyoustaring
11-21-2009, 05:01 PM
For those of you who have been lucky enough to see the final video after unlocking the gylphs and puzzles, what do you think? It seems that humanity was created by the so called First Civilization. And that Adam and Eve stole the first Piece of Eden. I would like to know your thoughts on how this will affect Assassin's Creed 3 and Desmond's journey in the present.

JudgeQwerty
11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I found it hilarious and awesome.

As far as speculation, I like the idea that Those Who Came Before didn't just randomly leave powerful artifacts lying around, they were actually stolen by our ancestors. Prometheus, Eve, and Robin Hood all at once!

Also, I keep wondering if there is a third person there, whose viewpoint we're looking through.

whyyoustaring
11-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Well, just like Desmonds's memories of Ezio and Altair, it's in third person.

Crash_Plague
11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but one thing really bugged me.

Whenever 16 was talking in his puzzles, his voice was strikingly similar to Desmond's voice. I'm sure it's nothing, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it every time I was going through a glyph.

But even aside from the video itself, I loved the truth that 16 told through the puzzles, it was so cool to get the back story on him and learn more about what he knew.

JudgeQwerty
11-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Ahh, that reminds me of how Minerva can actually see the third person camera, which somehow breaks all the rules of Animus logic.

I think it would be genius if these ancient predecessors of our video game characters were called the 'Developers'. But that would be too MGS-like, I suppose.

Crash_Plague
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
Ahh, that reminds me of how Minerva can actually see the third person camera, which somehow breaks all the rules of Animus logic.

I think it would be genius if these ancient predecessors of our video game characters were called the 'Developers'. But that would be too MGS-like, I suppose.

yeah, when she looked right into the camera, I was like

"wait...shes not talking about... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif"

And then she said Desmond, at which point I blink again and think, wait, I misheard that...

then when Ezio says "Who's Desmond" I just said "WHAT THE ****"

whyyoustaring
11-21-2009, 05:53 PM
That was my biggest wtf moment of the game. I expected the subject 16 video to have a alot more impact, but an alien woman who has been hiding herself along with others who have been royalty, gods, and warriors throughout history had a little bit more bang.

JudgeQwerty
11-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I think the Subject 16 puzzles were great for fleshing out the Assassin's Creed world and the Assassin-Templar conflict. The complete video had quite a bit of bang too.

But yes, actually meeting one of them was quite an ending, like when we finally saw Al Mualim actually use the Piece of Eden.

keepth3beat
11-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
Whenever 16 was talking in his puzzles, his voice was strikingly similar to Desmond's voice. I'm sure it's nothing, but I just couldn't stop thinking about it every time I was going through a glyph.

I thought the EXACT same thing. It kind of bothered me. Now I've got all these crazy ideas about Desmond having a twin or something. With alien gods and solar flares suddenly in the picture, anything is possible. @_@

jasminam
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry guys, but all threads containing spoilers should be posted in the Hints&Tips forum, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RascalRyuk
11-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Also, i was bored so i put that binary code into a transator and all it says is Eden. But yeah, the story is perrty epic, and if you were looking at the Documents that 16 left behind youll see some things.

THE TRUTH:

Once youve collected all the Glyphs you get the video of the truth, to me it looks like Adam and Eve are running away from their Oppressers (the Gods, who are actually aliens...) it looks like they took the Eden Apple and are now trying to get away from the gods. Also, if you read the documents in the puzzles you see that the Peices of Eden have powers and give the weilder Powers over the humans mind. it says that Huddini had a peice and so did ghandi, it also says Nicola tesla discovered a way to create electricity and give it to peaple for free with his peice of eden. But the Templars or some other organization didnt want that, they drove Nicola insane

P459
11-23-2009, 06:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:

yeah, when she looked right into the camera, I was like

"wait...shes not talking about... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif"

And then she said Desmond, at which point I blink again and think, wait, I misheard that...

then when Ezio says "Who's Desmond" I just said "WHAT THE ****" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exact same thing happened to me. I said "What the F" and a sec later Desmond (I think it was Desmond) said it aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Aradace
11-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Yeah, but one thing really bugged me.

But even aside from the video itself, I loved the truth that 16 told through the puzzles, it was so cool to get the back story on him and learn more about what he knew.

I thought the same thing and here's my thought on it...At first, I thought that maybe subject 16 was a clone of Desmond Miles. Then I got to thinking about it and I dont think that can be it really because what about him being a bartender in his "real life"? And also, Vidic even mentioned him "escaping" from the assassin's compound.

So then I started thinking that maybe Subject 16 and Desmond are somehow "related". Maybe a brother or something he never knew about?

As far as "wtf" moments go, other than the obvious end of the game (which myself and Desmond said WTF in unison when the woman addressed Desmond directly lol), mine was when Desmond had the "flashback" outside of the animus going back into Altair's life where you had to follow Maria (or whatever her name was). My question is on that is: Would that baby be Ezio's Great Grandfather...or his Great Great Grandfather? *shrugs* So many questions XD

Sren001
11-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I was just staring at the screen in awe, literally motionless when Minerva addressed Desmond, i had a feeling she wasnt talking to Ezio but when she said Desmon i just clicked and went What. The. ****. Just like Desmond http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Th33ndofitall
02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Ahh, that reminds me of how Minerva can actually see the third person camera, which somehow

I thought the same thing and here's my thought on it...At first, I thought that maybe subject 16 was a clone of Desmond Miles. Then I got to thinking about it and I dont think that can be it really because what about him being a bartender in his "real life"? And also, Vidic even mentioned him "escaping" from the assassin's compound.

So then I started thinking that maybe Subject 16 and Desmond are somehow "related". Maybe a brother or something he never knew about?

As far as "wtf" moments go, other than the obvious end of the game (which myself and Desmond said WTF in unison when the woman addressed Desmond directly lol), mine was when Desmond had the "flashback" outside of the animus going back into Altair's life where you had to follow Maria (or whatever her name was). My question is on that is: Would that baby be Ezio's Great Grandfather...or his Great Great Grandfather? *shrugs* So many questions XD
I was really suprised by the ending, when she directly addressed Desmond... I thought.. no way... could she have... then Ezio basically said "what the **** who is he?" thats something that takes you by suprise. I love how everything in the game is intertwined to one and another, desmond, ezio, altiar, and who ever will be in assassin's creed 3.

I'm thinking that that alien knew exactly what was going to happen later... apparently ezio didn't.....

Air_In_here
11-28-2010, 09:33 PM
I was totally like "What??? She can SEE Desmond?!" Lol, I was a little creeped out too. Just the directness of her stare made me get the shivers, like "Is she speaking to ME?" Although I do realize that that's impossible, it's still a little creepy.

Did you know that the Earth is about 400, 000 years over-due for a solarmax? I believe that's what it's called. That's also one of the concerns in the whole "the world's going to end on December 21st!" thing. *rolls eyes*

If the world DOES end then, I'll owe a whole lot of people a whole lot of money! : P