PDA

View Full Version : woah! a question regarding the dynamism

Luftcaca
11-30-2004, 07:46 PM
hello everyone
I was playing this very cool USN campaign in PF and I know there is now more dynamism in the campaigns with PF...but what is what happened to me a bug or is it really the dynamism? thats the question... oh and heres what happened to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I began at the very beginning of the USN career... Coral Sea 1942 if I remember well...
I played throught this campaign til I reached Tawara Nov 43. We (US) had the advantage over the Japs through most of the battles so far, sinking a few carriers without loosing one (during my missions anyway)

then...after a complete success in Tawara...BANG!
there was this crazy debriefing saying that we were very close of winning the war, then instead of playing the next battle with the plane I selected when I generated my career...I went directly in Okinawa, without any indication of the date...to fly a LAST mission...in a P-40M bearing russian marks...to quell some resisters or something like that...

So the dynamism did that? Dont you think it is a lil TOO MUCH dynamism if my own deeds in the previous battles made the war 2 almost two years shorter?

Luftcaca
11-30-2004, 07:46 PM
hello everyone
I was playing this very cool USN campaign in PF and I know there is now more dynamism in the campaigns with PF...but what is what happened to me a bug or is it really the dynamism? thats the question... oh and heres what happened to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I began at the very beginning of the USN career... Coral Sea 1942 if I remember well...
I played throught this campaign til I reached Tawara Nov 43. We (US) had the advantage over the Japs through most of the battles so far, sinking a few carriers without loosing one (during my missions anyway)

then...after a complete success in Tawara...BANG!
there was this crazy debriefing saying that we were very close of winning the war, then instead of playing the next battle with the plane I selected when I generated my career...I went directly in Okinawa, without any indication of the date...to fly a LAST mission...in a P-40M bearing russian marks...to quell some resisters or something like that...

So the dynamism did that? Dont you think it is a lil TOO MUCH dynamism if my own deeds in the previous battles made the war 2 almost two years shorter?

Luftcaca
11-30-2004, 08:00 PM
ok Ive been told that this feature is customizable...that the ammount of "points" a side needs to win can be changed...but where it is? in which file?

CPS_Shadow
12-01-2004, 01:01 AM
The values get set in the DGEN section of the conf.ini file.

It's in the version 3.0 readme:

Influencing the War in Dynamic Campaign

In Pacific Fighters dynamic campaigns the player's actions influence the outcome of individual operations as well as the whole war. The system works by assigning a static number of points to each target destroyed, and calculating a total number of points for each side. If your side destroys enemy targets, points are added to your side's tally. If your side's targets are destroyed by the enemy, the points are subtracted from your side's tally.

The following point values are used:
Carrier = 100 points
Other ship = 20 points
Plane = 5 points
Tank = 3 points
All other targets = 1 point

The tallies are recalculated after each mission, and they're checked at the end of each operation. Each side is assigned a predetermined number of points which in each operation means a historical outcome (victory or defeat). If the operation's tally does not match the historical outcome, an alternative briefing is triggered which may mean a defeat for the side that historically won, or vice versa.

The grand total tally of multiple campaigns can also lead to an alternate outcome of the whole war.

Default value for an operation outcome is 100 points (added if it's a victory, subtracted if it's a defeat). War outcome's value is 1,000 points.

You can change these values by adding and modifying the following lines in the conf.ini file located in your root game folder:

OperationVictory=100
OperationDefeat=-100
WarVictory=1000
WarDefeat=-1000

These are default values. You can change the numbers to your liking. For example, if you want mission outcome to always be historical, you can set the parameters to unachievable high values, such as

OperationVictory=3000
OperationDefeat=-3000
WarVictory=30000
WarDefeat=-30000

By reducing the numbers you can make your contributions matter much more in the overall war effort.

Luftcaca
12-01-2004, 09:26 AM
thx dude!
just saw that in the readme too

CrazyIvan
you can lock her! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif