PDA

View Full Version : Developers Please Read......

smallvillefan27
11-12-2009, 08:49 AM
I was thinking today while i was playing dragon age that if you guys made a fantasy/ knight period game, it would be the greatest game in the history of games...here is what i was thinking/

1. Use AC 1&2 combat engine, best sword play of any game in existance.

2. Story you are a young noble/knight you have land , castle servants, whom you have to defend from bandits/warlords, whatever, at times the king send you to war leading troop, massive battles with scores of troops to cut through, you can attend tournaments and joust, sword fight, but since you are a knight and fight alot on horseback, mouted counter-kills with sword and sheild.

3. If you want you can add a fantasy element where you fight monsters and stuff too, but i would be happy with just 1&2, but i dont care.

You guys have the best sword-play engine in history, use it for other good games as well...PLEASE!!!!

thanks

NuclearFuss
11-12-2009, 09:26 AM
No. Just really. No.

nitres15
11-12-2009, 10:02 AM
WTF monsters http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ACII_Addicted
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Shields? Why would an assassin want a shield since he can block very effectively... and a knight? you confuse the awsomeness of this game with some other cheap made - not based in anything real - games, and you want to mix them? What you are suggesting ain't a bad idea, bad for Assassin's Creed it is bad ..............

bimbocakes
11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I think they should stick with what they have now because that is what makes it unique http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MrNussbaum
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Did any of you actually read his post? He's not suggesting adding all this stuff to the AC franchise, he's merely asking Ubisoft to make a fantasy based game using AC's swordplay engine. He really likes the swordplay engine and would like to see it used in a genre that he really enjoys.

NuclearFuss
11-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, I did, but these are the Assassin's Creed forums. Not 'Suggest what games you want us to make' forums.

templar-killer4
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
YOUR IDEA = FAIL

@smallvillefan27, just stick with dragon age origins if your a fantasy freak, beacause the AC games are all about pivatel moments in history. So i doubt they will add monsters. -.-

MrNussbaum
11-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by templar-killer4:
YOUR IDEA = FAIL

@smallvillefan27, just stick with dragon age origins if your a fantasy freak, beacause the AC games are all about pivatel moments in history. So i doubt they will add monsters. -.-

He never said anything about adding monsters to AC. Read his post again.

And yes, sackboy, I agree this isn't the place for this request.

NuclearFuss
11-12-2009, 12:47 PM
^ Thank you. I don't they'd mind starting this in the 'Bring Up Whatever You Like Thread', so I'd try there because there's no need for a new thread. Oh and I think the Devs are too busy planning for AC3 to look here any more.

templar-killer4
11-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by templar-killer4:
YOUR IDEA = FAIL

And yes, sackboy, I agree this isn't the place for this request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO YOU READ AGAIN!!
where you fight monsters

MrNussbaum
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by templar-killer4:
YOUR IDEA = FAIL

And yes, sackboy, I agree this isn't the place for this request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO YOU READ AGAIN!!
where you fight monsters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that part, but where in his post is he saying to put any of this stuff into an Assassin's Creed game? Nowhere. He's simply requesting that Ubisoft make a medieval time/fantasy game. The only point AC even comes into the scenario is where he says he would like them to use AC's swordplay engine.

No need to yell.

kingbren08
11-12-2009, 01:03 PM
you just described oblivion which is a very good game

Tetsou88
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
You should try Mount and Blade, the combat needs to be tweaked a little bit, but its basically what you described.

KZarr
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Ok.... how about you people, instead of fighting and telling him hes failing, comment on his idea and expand it...

@smallvillefan27:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

If you send Ubisoft a game design idea and it just so happens they already have that idea and are implementing it, there could be all sorts of legal issues involved in that so they make a point of not accepting any ideas at all.

However, if you wish to pitch a game idea then I suggest meeting up with Ubisoft at a trade show where they have a stand - E3, GamesCom, GDC, that sort of thing. In your pitch you'd need to have a fully fleshed out game design document and production plan (including milestones and budget) and then they may take a look at it after signing waivers, NDA's and all sorts of legal stuff.

An_Idea
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
YOUR IDEA = FAIL

NO YOU READ AGAIN!!
where you fight monsters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

omfg hes saying ubi should make a game with the anvil engine in it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif not that they will add this stuff to AC, do you get it now?

Realjambo
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by KZarr:

@smallvillefan27:
Hi and welcome to the forums.

If you send Ubisoft a game design idea and it just so happens they already have that idea and are implementing it, there could be all sorts of legal issues involved in that so they make a point of not accepting any ideas at all.

However, if you wish to pitch a game idea then I suggest meeting up with Ubisoft at a trade show where they have a stand - E3, GamesCom, GDC, that sort of thing. In your pitch you'd need to have a fully fleshed out game design document and production plan (including milestones and budget) and then they may take a look at it after signing waivers, NDA's and all sorts of legal stuff.

KZarr - Well said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

smallvillefan27 - I'd recommend you take KZarr's advice. I wish you luck with it, but this topic will now be closed.