PDA

View Full Version : Native Resolution for LCD screens

Ernst_Rohr
08-24-2006, 09:48 AM
After weeks of tinkering, I finally got around to trying to run IL2 in my LCD monitors native resolution of 1280x1024. All I can say is Wow!

If your running a LCD and your not running in native mode, give it a shot! I picked up an easy 10fps going to native mode.

For higher resolutions that 1280x960, you will need to change the cofig file, or do it the easy way and download IL2 Stab, which will do the config for you!

Fully maxed before, I was getting around 30 to 40 FPS in most areas, and down into the 18 fps range down in the dirt with lots of ground objects or high res water and ships. Changing to native resolution bumped everything around 10fps, even with tons of junk on the ground, the lowest I got was 24 fps, and my aerial fights were in the 50's! I have NEVER gotten such good frame rates with IL2 and max details before. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Cool. My native res is 1600x1200 but I scale it to 1280x960. My frames are good, but more is better here...especially if it means a better image as well.

btw...Ernst, Check your pm's. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

WOLFMondo
08-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I run it in 1280x1024 and its nice but I get silly black lines at the bottom and top of the screen though.

Ernst_Rohr
08-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Wolf, I only get the lines on the intro screens, not in the actual sim. Are you getting them when flying?

ytareh
08-24-2006, 02:09 PM
WOLFMondo....Good News !You can definitely get rid of those bars at top and bottom of screen.In the first dozen or so lines in config.ini change Save Aspect and Allow Screen Resize.I think they are both meant to be No .Not sure do a search but this can definitely be fixed.

bchivers3377
08-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ytareh:
WOLFMondo....Good News !You can definitely get rid of those bars at top and bottom of screen.In the first dozen or so lines in config.ini change Save Aspect and Allow Screen Resize.I think they are both meant to be No .Not sure do a search but this can definitely be fixed. Did a search and came up with the same solution you gave but it didn't work for me.

bchivers3377
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bchivers3377:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
WOLFMondo....Good News !You can definitely get rid of those bars at top and bottom of screen.In the first dozen or so lines in config.ini change Save Aspect and Allow Screen Resize.I think they are both meant to be No .Not sure do a search but this can definitely be fixed. Did a search and came up with the same solution you gave but it didn't work for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let me retract that statement the menus have bars but not the game. Thanks good tip.

WTE_Tigger
08-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Hmm I find it looks nicer, frames dont change much but the real issue for me is Dot size at those resolutions is too small and AC are harder to spot.

-no i dont fly with icons-

But it is prettier.

FA_Retro-Burn
08-24-2006, 06:13 PM
the dot size is almost non-existent unless it is the 1024x768 mode. any higher, I can't see nothing.