PDA

View Full Version : New Parkour moves

maglaromuna
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Is it really hard for Ubisoft to hire any local traceur to do moves that are new and more stylish and which that brings out the flow of parkour?

ThaWhistle
01-05-2011, 11:46 AM
yes.

maglaromuna
01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
ok. how could you say that? it just motion capture and a little bit of additional tweaks to what is already present. and besides. you would get sick if the new assassin moves just like ezio, altair, and desmond.

ThaWhistle
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
if it was easy, cheap and feasible, they'd probably do it. there was some recycled stuff from the original in AC2, i have no idea about ACB.

if anything it could be an issue of remaining disc space for the console versions, but I dont know.

maglaromuna
01-05-2011, 02:07 PM
yeah. i thought about it as well. it could complicate the whole gameplay if new moves are introduced or something,

but it would be awesome if they did.

Ass4ssin8me
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
if it was easy, cheap and feasible, they'd probably do it. there was some recycled stuff from the original in AC2, i have no idea about ACB.

if anything it could be an issue of remaining disc space for the console versions, but I dont know.

It would just mean new animations. I am getting tired of the old animations. However there could be a problem here.... How lazy Ubisoft are. I also don't understand why people always say there won't be enough disc space... Games can contain as much as the producer wants it would just increase save size. So you won't have a problem unless it goes over 20g, the smallest HDD...

Abeonis
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

It would just mean new animations. I am getting tired of the old animations. However there could be a problem here.... How lazy Ubisoft are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're getting tired of the animations?..... How else exactly are Ubisoft suppose to show Ezio climbing up a building, using his chin? The animations as they are show us the quickest and most direct way Ezio could possibly make his way around the city with free running; simply demanding new animations because you're bored would do nothing but hurt the game.

Ass4ssin8me
01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
I didn't mean those... I simply meant things like the leap glove. New moves easy to pull off yet look fancy.. Not the overall climbing and running... The jumping , from horse to pole I Loved. I mean add more things like that.

Murcuseo
01-05-2011, 02:25 PM
That reminds me, is vault back in AC:B?

Noones mentioned it. lol

DracoX872
01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
They should at least allow you to have more moves that allow you to acheive and do things faster.

There are multiple parkour movies Ezio doesn't know that could really speed up his free running

kriegerdesgottes
01-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't get what the problem is the animations are awesome. They were awesome in 2007 and they are awesome now and with every new game we get more awesome moves and animations. What is the problem here?

DavisP92
01-05-2011, 06:04 PM
i only read the first comment so this is my response the the topic creater. yes i believe it wouldn't be as easy as you are imagining. But as for the stylish part (not saying u are) don't confuse parkour for freerunning. Freerunning has flips and all which in fact would slow you down rather then parkour which is defined as getting from point a to point b as fast as possible. What other moves can they put in the game really? they have climbing running jumping swinging, the only thing i can imagine Ubisoft putting in the game would be a monkey jump over a long table to get away from guards. but it wouldn't make it realistic to do parkour with all that armor. I say the more armor u have the less parkour u can do, slower fighter and runner, but have more health. And with less armor u have less health, but are able to do more parkour and strike faster.

Masta_Pain
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3: What other moves can they put in the game really?
They could allow us to perform a vault over low obstacles like fences and low walls, it would make for faster movement on the ground.

Inorganic9_2
01-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Tbh, vaulting over low obstacles might be pretty useful. I've often wondered if they would change the roll landing to make it look more parkour and less "oh no, I just fell"

PhiIs1618033
01-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Well, vaulting would certainly be a nice addition, like Alta´r could, or a simple monkey vault.

To the guy that wanted easy climbing moves: I don't. Easy isn't fun; it's much more rewarding to pull off something difficult and THEN look awesome. The freerunning system as of now, is a bit too easy IMO. AC needs a difficulty setting, anyway.

SpyderNynja
01-06-2011, 05:25 AM
I'm all for something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuf_p_PQ1go

Now who do I contact from Ubisoft to start getting mocapped? Do they put those tiny blue/white dots in my mohawk too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

In all seriousness though, I would LOVE to see some vault action going on.

IIwangcarsII
01-06-2011, 05:42 AM
I think it would be really cool if you could drop kick people! like a big kick in the face and make them go flying!

DavisP92
01-06-2011, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Masta_Pain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3: What other moves can they put in the game really?
They could allow us to perform a vault over low obstacles like fences and low walls, it would make for faster movement on the ground. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif no fences in the game. but maybe like i said a monkey jump over the low wall ur were refering too. but again that's only one thing that i said.

obliviondoll
01-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif no fences in the game.
Yes. Yes there are. Next to most of the stables, there are fences.

Near many of the farmsteads in the countryside area, as well.

And vaulting (any kind of vault) over obstacles like fences and tables would be a great addition.

He already does a nice vault when you get him to jump towards a fence from a haystack, but when you're running he jumps up onto it, then jumps off again - slows him down doing it that way.

DavisP92
01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif no fences in the game.
Yes. Yes there are. Next to most of the stables, there are fences.

Near many of the farmsteads in the countryside area, as well.

And vaulting (any kind of vault) over obstacles like fences and tables would be a great addition.

He already does a nice vault when you get him to jump towards a fence from a haystack, but when you're running he jumps up onto it, then jumps off again - slows him down doing it that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there are? i need to play the single player again :P. ohh i was probably thinking of metal fences, but they're probably wood ones in the game. yea so a monkey vault over them would be cool. but what other new parkour moves could they add? i'm interested to see what ideas ppl come up with

Foppezao
01-06-2011, 12:10 PM
how about wall running, they must have that in an old box somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif..
Btw the gloves for fast climbing only worked a couple of times,more people having trouble with that?

maglaromuna
01-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
i only read the first comment so this is my response the the topic creater. yes i believe it wouldn't be as easy as you are imagining. But as for the stylish part (not saying u are) don't confuse parkour for freerunning. Freerunning has flips and all which in fact would slow you down rather then parkour which is defined as getting from point a to point b as fast as possible. What other moves can they put in the game really? they have climbing running jumping swinging, the only thing i can imagine Ubisoft putting in the game would be a monkey jump over a long table to get away from guards. but it wouldn't make it realistic to do parkour with all that armor. I say the more armor u have the less parkour u can do, slower fighter and runner, but have more health. And with less armor u have less health, but are able to do more parkour and strike faster.

yes the monkey stuff you said would be ok. but to think about it. dude in those times ezio must have heard of CHAIN MAIL. you know like metal chain formed into a shirt. its quite lighter than the armor ezio is wearing. and besides. like climbing a pole would be a great addition to the parkour/freerunning stuff. like if ever there is a wall perpendicular to another wall. instaed of just running up one wall. the assassin could do 2 step wall run and jump to the wall. which would be a lot cooler and more like an assassin who knows his environment.

and one more thing. i think they should add like a baseball slide or something. it would bring like diversity to the moves already present. and extra precision. you know you dont want to like fall if you are chasing a dude on top of a church with no circus net or something.

hmm. flips would be ok. but not too much. you know. like if our assassin is dropping from a 2 story building, he could do a flip. even 1.

and really. i want the objects like moving. in real life you just cant grab onto a halfaninch platform it would hurt. or it would break. something like that. i want the environment to like interact with the climbing and stuff. like if it is an old wall some pieces will fall. and if it is a halfaninch platform it will break so you would have to hurry up. something like that.
anyway im not here to argue, im just making a suggestion.

maglaromuna
01-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by DracoX872:
They should at least allow you to have more moves that allow you to acheive and do things faster.

There are multiple parkour movies Ezio doesn't know that could really speed up his free running
exactly.