PDA

View Full Version : A new AC franchise after this? [poll]

LaCava1
09-28-2010, 03:56 PM
I had the idea of a second AC franchise. Once this series is over, there would be a story of a new modern day Assassin, and a new ancestor and other things like this. I'm not explaining this very well, but you get the idea.
So, anyway...

phil.llllll
09-28-2010, 04:59 PM
As long as the AC series continues to grow like it has there's most certainly going to be AC4, 5, 6, and so on. If they keep it fresh and innovate I have no problem with a brand new series with the AC name attached to it.

EzioAssassin51
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm thinking, as you said in the OP, Desmond's story will finish with AC3, but we could have future games with 16's story and all that. That would be really awesome IMO!

Assassin's Creed Sixteen's Story... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LaCava1
09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I'm thinking, as you said in the OP, Desmond's story will finish with AC3, but we could have future games with 16's story and all that. That would be really awesome IMO!

Assassin's Creed Sixteen's Story... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Yeah. It would be cool to have a "prelude" type thing where you learn more about (and play as) Subject Sixteen. It would go right up until the beginning of when he goes into Ezio's memories.

GarethNelson
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Sometimes this can be awesome, but with other franchises things just go downhill fast.

With Assassins Creed being able to play as subject 16 would come under "awesome", but I fear that beyond that as time goes on there'd be more and more plot holes as the already fairly complex plot gets more complex, which would kinda ruin the rest of the series.

afrothunder520
09-28-2010, 07:42 PM
yeah it would be like final fantasy

LaCava1
09-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
Sometimes this can be awesome, but with other franchises things just go downhill fast.

With Assassins Creed being able to play as subject 16 would come under "awesome", but I fear that beyond that as time goes on there'd be more and more plot holes as the already fairly complex plot gets more complex, which would kinda ruin the rest of the series.
I agree completely. I was always thinking of a single game about Subject Sixteen called something like Assassin's Creed: Subject Sixteen. The box art would be the Glyph-puzzle background with a red Assassin symbol on it. But then no more AC games.

GarethNelson
09-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Don't get me wrong: i'd love to see more.

I just fear that there's only so much creative "juice" they can have within one franchise before they end up either recycling old material excessively or becoming overly bloated and full of plot holes.

Sequels work best when the whole series is planned to include them. See the matrix trilogy for an example of this in film. Then look at Resident Evil where it really feels like 2 different universes of "everything before 4" and "everything after 4". That's an example of using radical change to get away from having to recycle old material.

In Assassins' creed the only radical change that would work well (dropping the "pick an ancestor, play as them in the animus, get a few odd bits of modern time sequences" formula) is to set it mainly in modern times. That seems a natural extension too - why is desmond training? But that radical change might take things too far away from the original roots.

We'd end up with something like the resident evil series (historical animus games, and modern times games split), which might **** off people who love the historical environments.

One thing I don't think we want to see is post-2012 releases (or at least games set post-2012). That will induce a lot of "space 1999" type humour and take away some of the closeness.

You can when fully immersed temporarily suspend disbelief and wonder "what if?" if it's not yet 2012 in real life, but afterwards that magic will be gone.

AmazonAlani
09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes!

Subject 16 would be cool. Same time period as Ezio though. I'd rather see a new location and time period.

- - -

souNdwAve89
09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't mind and if AC: B turns out to be good as AC2 or better then the series has the potential to get better and better with each game release. I don't care if you guys call it "milking the franchise", but I love the series. As long as it doesn't turn out to be like sports games of Call of Duty with a new title each year.