PDA

View Full Version : Mig-3 online 190 killin...

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:08 PM
I was just playing a Mig-3 on an F-16 server under the alias Einreich. I've been flying the 109 so I had logged in under a kinda german name.
Anyway to keep things balanced I went VVS. Had a choice between P-39's, Lagg-5, and well I took the Mig-3U.

Anyway I got shot down a couple of times, but I downed 4 enemy planes. A couple of assists, and then this really funny thing happened.

A FW-190 was vulching our base, and I rolled in behind him in my mig. Anyway he's diving in, and I start hammering on his wings, fuselage, etc. I was laying down some serious fire onto him, and nothing.

I said to myself "Man those things are tuff." as I overshot him which suprised me, and rolled around in a high G turn to come back around on him.

Anyway BOOM! He never pulled up and it gave me credit for it. So what happened? I thought it would have said I killed the pilot if I had.
I'm thinking maybe I hammered his wings enough he simply had no chance of coming out. It was a shallow dive though I had just been diving in on him at around 600 throttled back as she was shaking.

It was neat anyway, but for some reason it was just odd. Didn't seem like a kill as he wasn't smoking or flaming, and his wings didn't come off.

Anyway I was really surprised how well I did online in the Mig-3U.

Oh yeah and has anybody noticed the Mig-3 starts shaking in a dive at around 600, but it will do 530 flat and level?

Message Edited on 09/26/0303:12PM by Hopperfly22

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:08 PM
I was just playing a Mig-3 on an F-16 server under the alias Einreich. I've been flying the 109 so I had logged in under a kinda german name.
Anyway to keep things balanced I went VVS. Had a choice between P-39's, Lagg-5, and well I took the Mig-3U.

Anyway I got shot down a couple of times, but I downed 4 enemy planes. A couple of assists, and then this really funny thing happened.

A FW-190 was vulching our base, and I rolled in behind him in my mig. Anyway he's diving in, and I start hammering on his wings, fuselage, etc. I was laying down some serious fire onto him, and nothing.

I said to myself "Man those things are tuff." as I overshot him which suprised me, and rolled around in a high G turn to come back around on him.

Anyway BOOM! He never pulled up and it gave me credit for it. So what happened? I thought it would have said I killed the pilot if I had.
I'm thinking maybe I hammered his wings enough he simply had no chance of coming out. It was a shallow dive though I had just been diving in on him at around 600 throttled back as she was shaking.

It was neat anyway, but for some reason it was just odd. Didn't seem like a kill as he wasn't smoking or flaming, and his wings didn't come off.

Anyway I was really surprised how well I did online in the Mig-3U.

Oh yeah and has anybody noticed the Mig-3 starts shaking in a dive at around 600, but it will do 530 flat and level?

Message Edited on 09/26/0303:12PM by Hopperfly22

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Huh?

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Ok a 190 was diving in to strafe my airfield. I was above and to the side so I dove in on him.
When I got on his 6 I hammered mainly his fuselage, and his left wing. Nothing happened then I banked off before I rammed into him due to my airspeed.

Shortly after he flew into the ground, and I got the "Such and such was downed by Einreich (me)" message.

So why didn't he pull out? He was intact aside from all the holes I pumped into him. It didn't give me a pilot killed message either. He wasn't smoking, flaming, or missing control surfaces. He simply flew right into the ground.
As I was overshooting at around 620 he had to been going slower than that, and it would have been no problem for a 190 to come out a a shallow dive at those speeds.

When I say shallow I'm talking like maybe 20 degree's below the horizon shallow.
It just felt weird is all.

Every take-off is optional, but every landing is mandatory!

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Hopperfly22 wrote:
- He was intact aside from
- all the holes I pumped into him.

Makes sense! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>http://www.spyderco.com/assets/product_images/medium/C07.jpg

'Smoke and a pancake?'</center>

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 10:08 PM
you may have taken out his elevator controls

Fafnir_6

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Maybe I just missed the message then. Normally it will tell you if you get anything like that.

Every take-off is optional, but every landing is mandatory!