PDA

View Full Version : AM I good to go?

thepatriot76
04-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello to all, I am new to IL2 (I just bought 1946) and want to make sure I will be able to enjoy this. I have AMD dual core 2,1g, 2g ddr2, ASUS 7600gt 256 ddr3 running on XP (Not a big Vista fan) and I have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro. Joystick. I assume it should handle it but just thought Id ask. Also as I write this I am downloading the 4.08 patch. My real concern was the Joystick; I was told that IL2 had problems assigning buttons? Any and all help, advice, and information is appreciated. I will continue to read the forums and see what I can pick up.
Thanks

danjama
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
All looks more than good to me computer wise. Not sure about the stick though as i've never used it, but i know alot of people that do use it so it should be fine.

thepatriot76
04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Wow, that was quick! I was going to check back when I get to work (Nights) but thanks. I think I will be feeling sick tonight at work, I'm too exicited to work a full 8 hours. LOL

I won't spend much more on a stick, my son uses it to fly FS2004 & FSX and he is only 8.

danjama
04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Get him started nice and early eh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Will you be joining us online then? Or strictly offline?

TheFamilyMan
04-03-2009, 11:58 AM
That's the joystick I started with for IL-2. I found that it has enough buttons to map the essential operations, and had no problems setting it up or using it. Your rig is good enough, but you might have to use less than perfect displays setting to maintain good FPS with your 7600gt, and due to your CPU you might notice some slight stutters when there is lots of immediate activity. Enjoy!

thepatriot76
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the information, I will load it up tonight and mess with the settings.
Now I'm at work, man I don't feel so good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Is it 2300 est yet??? LOL

danjama
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by TheFamilyMan:
That's the joystick I started with for IL-2. I found that it has enough buttons to map the essential operations, and had no problems setting it up or using it. Your rig is good enough, but you might have to use less than perfect displays setting to maintain good FPS with your 7600gt, and due to your CPU you might notice some slight stutters when there is lots of immediate activity. Enjoy!

Nah he will be fine on perfect settings.

I have a 2ghz amd 64 with 6600GT running perfect with 4x AA and get 40-80 frames

He will be more than fine.

jamesblonde1979
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I've never had problems assigning buttons with a logitech.

Just make sure you do it through the in game interface and you should be set.

Tully__
04-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by TheFamilyMan:
...but you might have to use less than perfect displays setting to maintain good FPS with your 7600gt, and due to your CPU you might notice some slight stutters when there is lots of immediate activity...

I managed fine (though at somewhat reduced graphics) on my old single core non-hyperthreading P4 2GHz and a GF4Ti4600 w/ 128MB, so the setup above should do fine.