PDA

View Full Version : can the rooftop guards cut the zip line ropes?

Grandmaster_Z
10-10-2011, 11:03 AM
seems it would be the best way to stop the assassins...wiley coyote style

LightRey
10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
It's generally not that easy to cut a hanging line like that in a single cut.

naran6142
10-10-2011, 11:46 AM
doubt it

but the ziplines wont always be there, if you dont have the area captured they wont be there

masterfenix2009
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
That would be awesome though. Imagine, a guard cutting the zipline, then you grab on to the line as it falls toward a building. Then you use the line to climb yourself up.

AnthonyA85
10-10-2011, 11:53 AM
I think it was mentioned in either an article or interview that guards will either try to cut the lines, or take down the poles holding them, i'm pretty sure they're able to do something to the ziplines.

It would be funny though if a zipline was cut while ezio was using it.

EscoBlades
10-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, Darby briefly mentions it in my interview with him and Falko. He stops short of a confirmation though. We'll have to wait and see.

Calvarok
10-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Yeah, Darby briefly mentions it in my interview with him and Falko. He stops short of a confirmation though. We'll have to wait and see.
yeah, didn't he say he wasn't sure if that was in but he knew they had been thinking about it?

NuclearFuss
10-10-2011, 01:55 PM
That'd be pretty cool: getting the rope cut (from where you jumped on it in this case) while your halfway along, swinging into the side of a building, and climbing while having arrows shot at you.

I bet it happens in a cinematic at least

KrYpToNiC95
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
It would be a great idea. I had mentioned in a thread I made a while ago about seeing guards cutting down ziplines on distant rooftops when you lose your den.

Jexx21
10-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I would love it if for the lines to be taken down they would have to be cut down by the guards. Instead of it instantly happening, you could just kill the guard before he does anything and use the line.

AdmiralPerry
10-10-2011, 04:28 PM
It wouldn't be so funny if it happened when we were trying to make an escape. But I think I'm all for seeing the guards try to do it. I always wondered why they didn't try shooting at the hanging flowerpots that Ezio always swung around on. Then again, considering how the guards apparently took their marksman lessons from the Stormtrooper Academy, I'm not surprised.

Calvarok
10-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
It wouldn't be so funny if it happened when we were trying to make an escape. But I think I'm all for seeing the guards try to do it. I always wondered why they didn't try shooting at the hanging flowerpots that Ezio always swung around on. Then again, considering how the guards apparently took their marksman lessons from the Stormtrooper Academy, I'm not surprised.

Actually, they're usually pretty accurate. But really, the flower pots are kinda an inneficient target. You might as well shoot at him if you're close enough to hit the flowerpot.

The only problems with ranged guards are their low damage outputs and high reload times, not their accuracy.