PDA

View Full Version : Attachments!!

Levi-Zero
06-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Ok so, you see the guns in the trailer, and you see they have rail systems, amirite?

So here's the parts of the gun that iI want to customize:

-Sights
-Side
-Receiver
-Barrel
-Underbarrel
-Firepoint
-Stock
-Magazine
-Ammunition
-Exterior

Sights- You know, what you use to aim.

Reflex - A basic 1.5x sight that can be put on almost anything.

ACOG - 4x zoom sights you can put on assualt rifles, revolvers, and rocket launchers.

Medium Scope - Variable zoom scope (4x-6x) that can be used on battle rifles and sniper rifles.

High Scope - Variable zoom scope for sniper rifles(3x-6x-10x)

Night Vision Scope - variable x2-x4 scope with night vision, simple as that. NOT thermal scopes, those are cheap.

Deepshot Scope - A large long range scope with x14 zoom, but the sun can reflect off the lens and give away your position.

Adjustable Sights - Rear sights you can move up and down the rail to your liking.

Side
Magazine holster - I seen a video on youtube where the magazine holster was mounted on the side of the gun, therefore you can switch faster.

Flashlight - it.

GPS - for those of you who like to wonder around with your gps out in single player. Therefore you can see where your going and not trying to deflect bullets with a map.

Reciever

Top Handle - faster sprinting

Aim laser - increases accuracy but can give away your position.

Barrel

Shortened barrel - Increases accuracy, reduces range

Extended barrel - Reduces accuracy, increases range

Low Primer - Increased firing speed, reduces range

High Primer - Reduces firing speed, increases range

Underbarrel
Masterkey shotgun - Pump action underbarrel shotgun with higher range

XM26 LSS - Semi Automatic underbarrel shotgun with higher firing speed

Dart Rifle - silent single shot underbarrel weapon

Pistol Holster - A pistol holster that you would normally put around your waist but instead you ducktape it under your weapon, therefore you can switch really fast when out of ammo and can be used with smgs as well as rifles.

Grenade Launcher - it. -can fire grenades, napalm, or flash-

Flare Launcher - smaller g.laucher that can fire flares that light up the night, disrupt night vision, or distract incoming heat seeking missiles. -can fire flares or smoke-

Grip - increases accuracy

Bipod - dramaticly increases accuarcy IF prone or behind cover

Firepoint

Small Suppressor - reduces some sound as well as some of the range

Large suppressor - reduces most of the sound and flash as well as reducing both range and power.

Large muzzle brake - a more dynamic muzzle brake that increases range as well as the flash.

Bayonet/tac knife - provides instant melee ability in close quarters without switching.

Flash suppressor - reduces flash to nothing but the noise still remains

Stock

Stock Bipod - amplifies the bipod's accuracy when prone, but must have underbarrel bipod first.

Remove stock - faster running and reloading, but decreased accuracy.

Folding stock - faster aiming, but slower switching (thus the unfold animation)

Magazine

Extended mag - longer reload, more ammo

Shortened mag - faster reload, less ammo

Exterior NOTE: this would only work if there was both a weight factor and weapon degration

Metal Plating - increased weight, increased durability

Wood Improvision - decreased weight, decreased durability

Camoflauge - coveres the weapon in foliage

EDIT: almost forgot Ammunition.

Areo Dynamic - Increased range

High Explosive - Explosive power, but reduced range. (only for snipers)

Dragon's Breath - Flammable ammo for shotguns

Armor Peircing - Penetrating ammunition

Tracer - increases accuracy, but can give away position

Tell me your ideas n stuff

legacyzero
06-10-2011, 03:14 PM
You're probably asking a bit much. I'd love all that stuff, but they are probably gonna go with the STRANDED ON AN ISLAND theme with the weapons. So basic of the basic.

lil_morta_7
06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah I agree with the first reply. Their most likely going for the more not-up-to-date weapons list. Like older MP5's, AR15's and such. Good ideas for MW3 though! Haha Oh wait. Why dare I mention such a vile gaming name. *Slaps myself*

k4Anarky2011
06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
lol i dont think that an island in the middle of nowhere populates by a bunch of cuckoos would have access to apocalypse-grade toys
expect an underbarrel flamethrower to be composed of a coconut for a gas tank and other cavemen ingredients http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

killa_677
06-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I can see stuff like bayonets, scopes, extended mags, grips, bipods, and suppressors but more modern and electrical stuff like night vision just isn't going to happen.

Negrumir
06-11-2011, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by legacyzero:
You're probably asking a bit much. I'd love all that stuff, but they are probably gonna go with the STRANDED ON AN ISLAND theme with the weapons. So basic of the basic.

This is so true.

There's no way they're gonna have whole friggin' armory hidden there.

A few simple ones would be nice though.

Mr_Shade
06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
It's been recently spoken about at E3 that you can find and attach a silencer.. So maybe there will be other things to find as well?

Atvpresent though, information is scarce http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Shiloh8686
06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I like your ideas- customizing weapons would be great. I would love an underbarrel flare launcher, although I highly doubt they exist in real life.

Levi-Zero
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Shiloh8686:
I like your ideas- customizing weapons would be great. I would love an underbarrel flare launcher, although I highly doubt they exist in real life.

They do, except the flare is just designed to be fired out a grenade launcher.

I do agree on the whole old weapon theme. Night scopes, lazers, flash grenades, the magazine holster thing, and tracer rounds could be a bit much. But as far as weapons that are improvised most of these attachments fall under that catagory such as the bayonet which been around since the musketeers ages. Also whats so high tech about an upside-down crossbow taped to your ak? Reaslisticly older machine guns like the M60 required a barrel change after 100-200 rounds, so why not put a bigger one on? You wouldnt go to a war zone and find 1 type of ammo for each kind of cartridge.

And think back on FC2. Weapons had some of this stuff on, you just couldnt change it. Examples:

- Mounted M249 used a coaxial tripod, so why not use a bipod?

- MGL 140 has a grip and a ACOG

- MP5-SD and the Makarov LP9 used suppressors

- AR-15 has a flash suppressor and a green dot sight

- AS50's scope had the highest power

- The FAL para, M249, and PKM all had top handles

- The M249's rear sights is adjustable

So, alot of these attachments can fit in.

Blitzkrieg365
06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
You've got some great idea's but as others have pointed out, the theme is being stranded on an island. So I don't think we'll see anything to advanced. That being said, here are some attachments I think would be realistic to have ingame.

- Suppressors
- ACOG/RDS
- Dual Mag
- Extended Mag

killa_677
06-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Well maybe these attachments are more possible than we think. We've already been told that the crazies on the island move drugs and drugs gives out serious cash so they might be a little more rich than we think. Plus we've already seen a helicopter. I also think a M203 grenade launcher would fit in since they've been around long enough for these people to get there hands on it.

I think pretty much every attachment can fit in if the story can provide or hint at a good reason why or how it got there.

Dannebrog_211
06-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Please dont do that . It will look like a wannabe CoD Far has its own stuff which make it cool enough we don't need 'noob' tubes .

Martythemerc
06-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I liked the idea of going to a gun shop to get weapons - to buy the next ramp-up loadout, as well as (if you needed to) pickup a dead enemy's gun. So far in FC3 trailers, Brody finds them lying around like the Easter Bunny left a trail of them. I hope that's not how he's only able to acquire heat. ??? Yes, I can see that they're lying around in enemy camps - but I hope not randomly in the jungle. In real life, the humidity would destroy them in days.

Hobodealer
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I think on Far Cry 3, you should have to steal weapons from the enemy camps. Think about it, on FC2 the Jackal was an arms dealer so there were loads of guns. But on here, it's a desolate island full of maniacs. I doubt they'd have any convenient weapon shops. Maybe planning a robbery on a supplies camp. Like finding a jeep, taking all the guards, loading the vehicle with ammo and weapons etc and taking it back to your safe house.